12% 

[L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.6) (old)

Post New Thread Reply   

Number Six
Old 01-30-2009 , 13:45   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #11

PERFECT ! Respect !

Version 1.1:
- Implemented "give health" command on infected spawn, to fix the no-hud/no-pounce bug.

And ++ fix Infected Spawner pluggin respawn tank and others if use

Last edited by Number Six; 01-30-2009 at 13:57.
djromero
Old 01-30-2009 , 13:49   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Reaper View Post
Really, fucking awesome work, it's the end of the ragequit.

I'll install it but could you explain more the spawn system for the AI infected ?

Will they spawn near, far, behind, in front of the survivors ?
The director will choose the best place to spawn the special infected bots, just like it does on coop.

Will your plugin change some cvars ?
It doesn't change any cvar.

For the strategy I'v an idea :

Let the AI bots spawn ONLY if there is already one real player alive.
One real player alive on the infected's team? Well, i could add a cvar to change the minimum real infected players before it starts adding bots, but what would happen if the entire infected team drops??? It wouldn't be fun to keep playing like that, but if the entire team is filled up with bots, you could keep playing until new players join.

But really awesome work guy !
Thank you.
^
|
|
My comments are below each point.

Last edited by djromero; 01-30-2009 at 13:54.
Dark-Reaper
Old 01-30-2009 , 14:52   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #13

The first thing you can improve :

Sometimes the survivors HUD is... I don't know the verb, it does the same thing when a player joins to the survivors team. So survivors can know when a bot appears.

EDIT :

Few minutes ago, I was alone in the infected team, in ghost mod with the Hunter, I was suddenly switched to a boomer in the " real " phase, what happened ?

EDIT 2 : Other improvement you can make :

Put the bots in the infected HUD, so we'll able to see life etc...

Last edited by Dark-Reaper; 01-30-2009 at 15:04.
djromero
Old 01-30-2009 , 15:26   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
The first thing you can improve :

Sometimes the survivors HUD is... I don't know the verb, it does the same thing when a player joins to the survivors team. So survivors can know when a bot appears.

EDIT :

Few minutes ago, I was alone in the infected team, in ghost mod with the Hunter, I was suddenly switched to a boomer in the " real " phase, what happened ?

EDIT 2 : Other improvement you can make :

Put the bots in the infected HUD, so we'll able to see life etc...
Didn't get the first part .... are you saying that survivors can see when a bot appears or you wish for they to know when a bot is spawned???

About the "suddenly switched to a boomer", well, yes, i wrote that one down on the first post. The problem is that dead/spawning infected players will automatically take over infected bots when they're spawned. I really can't do much about this one, but don't worry, my plugin will automatically queue a new bot with the time you had left to enter ghost mode, so the survivors won't notice the difference. It's true that real infected players will have a bit more advantage, but lacking a real player on infected is a bigger disadvantage.

About making the bots show up on the infected HUD, well, that would be more like a client-sided plugin, since that's where the HUD is controlled. I'll try to look a bit more into that.

Last edited by djromero; 01-30-2009 at 15:56.
Dark-Reaper
Old 01-30-2009 , 16:44   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djromero View Post
Didn't get the first part .... are you saying that survivors can see when a bot appears or you wish for they to know when a bot is spawned???

About the "suddenly switched to a boomer", well, yes, i wrote that one down on the first post. The problem is that dead/spawning infected players will automatically take over infected bots when they're spawned. I really can't do much about this one, but don't worry, my plugin will automatically queue a new bot with the time you had left to enter ghost mode, so the survivors won't notice the difference. It's true that real infected players will have a bit more advantage, but lacking a real player on infected is a bigger disadvantage.

About making the bots show up on the infected HUD, well, that would be more like a client-sided plugin, since that's where the HUD is controlled. I'll try to look a bit more into that.
Thanks for your answer.

So, about the first part : You know when you have, for example, the bot " Bill " playing in coop with you and a mate, a players connects, and the survivors HUD, the place where the life etc... are, will change during 0.000001 second, but we can see it, and with your plugin, it changes too, during these 0.00001 seconds, but it can be seen, and it means : Oh ! A new bot appeared !

Last edited by Dark-Reaper; 01-30-2009 at 16:57.
djromero
Old 01-30-2009 , 16:53   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Thanks for your answer.

So, about the first part : You know when you have, for example, the bot " Bill " playing in coop with you and a mate, a players connects, and the survivors HUD, the place where the life etc... are, will change during 0.000001 second, but we can see it, and with your plugin, it changes too, during these 0.00001 seconds, but it can be saw, and it means : Oh ! A new bot appeared !
Hum, i know what you mean, and i know how to fix that.

Everytime i need to spawn an infected bot i create a fake player and then i use it to execute the "z_spawn" command. After that, i kick the fake player, since the z_spawn command will automatically create a new fake player for the spawned bot.

I'm going to change this, since i really don't need a new fake client for each bot i spawn, i could just create a single one at map start and use it to spawn all the bots needed during the game. I could even use any survivor's client to fake the command, but i'll stick to the single fake client to spawn all bots. I'll call it "Zombie Master"

Dark-Reaper
Old 01-30-2009 , 16:58   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Hum, i know what you mean, and i know how to fix that.

Everytime i need to spawn an infected bot i create a fake player and then i use it to execute the "z_spawn" command. After that, i kick the fake player, since the z_spawn command will automatically create a new fake player for the spawned bot.

I'm going to change this, since i really don't need a new fake client for each bot i spawn, i could just create a single one at map start and use it to spawn all the bots needed during the game. I could even use any survivor's client to fake the command, but i'll stick to the single fake client to spawn all bots. I'll call it "Zombie Master"
Thanks.
djromero
Old 01-30-2009 , 17:06   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Thanks for your answer.

So, about the first part : You know when you have, for example, the bot " Bill " playing in coop with you and a mate, a players connects, and the survivors HUD, the place where the life etc... are, will change during 0.000001 second, but we can see it, and with your plugin, it changes too, during these 0.00001 seconds, but it can be seen, and it means : Oh ! A new bot appeared !
Done. This has been fixed on version 1.1.1.

Dark-Reaper
Old 01-30-2009 , 17:14   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Thanks.

I'll test this tomorrow.
Number Six
Old 01-30-2009 , 17:49   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
1.1.1 crashed server on start up , loops .

1.1 work for me , you have again link for 1.1 plz ?

Last edited by Number Six; 01-30-2009 at 18:01.