[ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-04-2015 , 20:18   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedbug View Post
So, I'm completely new to running a server. I have no idea how to use anything outside of FTP, and I'd like to know, what commands would I have to do to make this plugin work ONLY FOR ADMINS?

I'm trying to make it so admins can resize themselves and others with commands, but other players who aren't on my admin list cannot use the plugin.

It should be simple according to my buddy, but he's busy with his own server, and can't help.
Anyone wanna help a newbie out?

Thanks!
Read the very first post and the part about Overrides.
Argos
Old 11-09-2015 , 21:55   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #582

The plugin works "well" on my servers, but never respects the values of sm_resize_defaultresize set in server.cfg, if I not restart the plugin with "sm plugins reload ResizePlayers". This may seem like a minor inconvenience, but it is very annoying to have to be reloading plugin to comply with the established values of sm_resize_defaultresize, any time who server restart or change map. Any suggestions?
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2015 , 22:13   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
The plugin works "well" on my servers, but never respects the values of sm_resize_defaultresize set in server.cfg, if I not restart the plugin with "sm plugins reload ResizePlayers". This may seem like a minor inconvenience, but it is very annoying to have to be reloading plugin to comply with the established values of sm_resize_defaultresize, any time who server restart or change map. Any suggestions?
Put it in your sourcemod.cfg instead. The server.cfg loads before any plugins load.
Argos
Old 11-10-2015 , 15:04   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
Put it in your sourcemod.cfg instead. The server.cfg loads before any plugins load.
I am trying to follow his advice, but does not work in sourcemod.cfg. it's the same thing.
cheddar
Old 11-21-2015 , 21:47   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #585

Is anyone else having trouble with getting sm_resize_steps to work?

Everything else in this plugin seems to be working except this. It doesn't have any impact on speed.

Ideas?

-Ched
cheddar
Old 11-23-2015 , 00:18   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #586

Resize Players (FLEA AND ZERO DAMAGE EDITIONS)

WTF is this?
This decreases the damage players deal (when small) to somewhere around 5% of their normal damage. Hence *FLEA* edition (I'm also uploading a *ZERO Damage Edition* in which players smaller than 1.0 deal ZERO damage.
FLEA Example: Spy backstab deals 14 damage when resized to 0.45. Heavy bullets hit for like 2 or 3 points. hehe that tickles

Why did you make this you nerd?
I saw several people were asking for a "friendly only" version of this plugin and decided to take a whack at it. I got so tired of people running around tiny on my server and instantly killing me.

Installation Instructions
1. Install Resizeme like normal (Read the main pages Instructions)
2. In the folder /addons/sourcemod/plugins replace ResizePlayers.smx with ResizePlayers(fleadamage).smx or ResizePlayers(zerodamage).smx
3. Set the following values in /cfg/server.cfg
"sm_resize_backstab 1"
"sm_resize_damage 2" OR "1" ('2' Just nerfs small players. '1' nerfs small players and buffs large ones)

DISCLAIMER: I didn't freaking make the original plugin, I only modified how it calculates the damage you deal/take. It seriously needed a nerf. Enjoy

UPDATE: I've added a few extra lines to FLEA DAMAGE ONLY to make this plugin fully compatible with my G-Fortress Plugin. It pulls the default G-Fortress resize and sets anything smaller than THAT as nerfed. If you don't have G-Fortress it won't matter, it won't change a thing in that case.

You can find out more about G-Fortress HERE

-Ched
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZERO Damage Edition.zip (37.9 KB, 145 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ResizePlayers(fleadamage).sp - 259 views - 53.7 KB)
File Type: smx ResizePlayers(fleadamage).smx (28.5 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by cheddar; 04-12-2016 at 02:55.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-31-2015 , 12:51   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #587

add resize weapons?
Old 01-07-2016 , 08:12   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
Resize Players (FLEA AND ZERO DAMAGE EDITIONS)

WTF is this?
This decreases the damage players deal (when small) to somewhere around 5% of their normal damage. Hence *FLEA* edition (I'm also uploading a *ZERO Damage Edition* in which players smaller than 1.0 deal ZERO damage.
FLEA Example: Spy backstab deals 14 damage when resized to 0.45. Heavy bullets hit for like 2 or 3 points. hehe that tickles

Why did you make this you nerd?
I saw several people were asking for a "friendly only" version of this plugin and decided to take a whack at it. I got so tired of people running around tiny on my server and instantly killing me.

Installation Instructions
1. Install Resizeme like normal (Read the main pages Instructions)
2. In the folder /addons/sourcemod/plugins replace ResizePlayers.smx with ResizePlayers(fleadamage).smx or ResizePlayers(zerodamage).smx
3. Set the following values in /cfg/server.cfg
"sm_resize_backstab 1"
"sm_resize_damage 2" OR "1" ('2' Just nerfs small players. '1' nerfs small players and buffs large ones)

DISCLAIMER: I didn't freaking make the original plugin, I only modified how it calculates the damage you deal/take. It seriously needed a nerf. Enjoy

PSS: [note to coders] Seems to totally work but gives some compilation warnings. I think it has some functions in the ZERO Damage Edition that it no longer uses. Nothing major.

-Ched
You're a god, thank you so much for this.
Old 01-08-2016 , 10:56   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #589

i need help with installing,ugh,tf2 doesnt have a addond folder,i've been trying to find it forever,it simply isn't there,maybe i'm blind,please send me something for help
Wormy
Old 01-09-2016 , 09:15   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokka View Post
i need help with installing,ugh,tf2 doesnt have a addond folder,i've been trying to find it forever,it simply isn't there,maybe i'm blind,please send me something for help
When you install Metamod: Source and Sourcemod, there will be an addons folder in the tf directory. Follow a tutorial on how to install it, you more or less only have to drag-and-drop the files to the server (with the exception of the Metamod: Source TF2 .vdf file which you gotta generate and add manually yourself).

Last edited by Wormy; 01-09-2016 at 09:27.