12% 

Official DoD Community for Development of Amxmodx Plugins

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

m0gely
Old 10-13-2004 , 05:50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
I dont get why a new website is required for it
You know I was thinking the same thing. Setting up a new section here would have taken all of about less than a minute. As soon as you go there its apparent that its an AMXx only community. So the generic name for DoD isn't really any different than starting up a new forum section here other than someone went through the trouble to pay for a domain name and maintain an entirely new site. But hey, whatever floats your boat, heh.
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2004 , 05:57  

How is it an Amxmodx site? We only publish Amxmodx DoD Plugins? And I suppose it would have been easier, but the idea was not this. This is what the idea was to begin with...

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=3786

So please get your facts correct.

Cheers!
Old 10-13-2004 , 06:15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor
How is it an Amxmodx site?
Possibly from the title on the front page?

Amxmodx DoD Community

Color my silly but, thats just what it says.
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2004 , 06:24  

And your point? You are at the Amxmodx website...are you an amx lover? Here to complain about amxmodx? Read above mentioned thread, and understand. Yes we develop Amxmodx plugins for DoD, as the title infers. So, again, whats your point other than to clog this thread. I would love to see others create communities for the development of specific plugins for their mods. Again, sure, it would be just as easy to put up a new Forum here, but not so easy at the same time...you as a guest dont see about 4 other forums that are hidden from you. Testing, discussions, admin stuff, etx. These would:
1) Take up space at amxmodx
2) Be a real hastle to the amxmodx admins, having to request so and so to be made a developer or tester or admin
3) Take up disk quota, and space in the SQL....

Etx, etx...etx...

Cheers!
Old 10-13-2004 , 06:52  

My point was; Why go off and make another AMXx concentric site when this one exists? But you said "No it isn't", then "Ok fine it is". Look I don't care, really. I didn't mean to get under your skin so far. AMX lover, ouch that hurt...
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2004 , 07:05  

Hey, when I first read your post I had though, bad word that you were infering that we were just another Amxmodx site...lots of plugins...for everyone. So I stated...its not that, again with the incorrect assumtion. Happens. So I was defending my position. We are a Community of Amxmodx Developers who specifically develop dod plugins. We work as a team and help each other out developing dod plugins. So...misunderstanding aside, yes we are a DoD Development site, and a group working in collaboration. And as stated in the index page, once our stuff gets aproved by SidLuke, then he will be including it in future releases of DoDx for Amxmodx. And as you are a CS guy, there are TONS of plugins here for you...try and located easily DoD Specific plugins. Not easy, and if you want a CS plugin converted for DoD, you use to do it yourself, suffer without, or beg here, which of course is full of CS developers, nothing wrong there, just that they dont know DoD as well . So, I hope you can see the point of grouping it together. Hey if things go well we may get integrated here, as in www.amxmodx.org/dodplugins who knows...as it stands its a pilot project. And therefore expects to get a bit of heckling, forgive me for being defensive right off, but as the Amxmodx guys know, starting something new from something old meets with resentment and grumbling sometime.

Cheers!
Old 10-13-2004 , 16:19  

EDIT: This was posted prior to the post before this.. was unaware of that post when posting this.

Since this is a separate site from the main amxmodx forums, and from the sounds the domain, does that mean that the DoD Community will support other plugins besides that of AMXx? Possibly Admin Mod and AMX, or any other admin mod program of the like?

It would be nice if there was a one stop shop for everyone, and that we could all work together as a team, instead of insulting each other.

Please don't take this post as a flame, but look how much we're getting done, by arguing at each others throats. Imagine the possibilities of what could be done if we all worked together as a team.

Just my two cents. Take em or leave em. DoD forever. Can't wait for DOD:Source
Zor
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2004 , 16:24  

Thats an interesting idea. You want to see what kinda interest you can drum up?
1) Need programmers for other addons
2) Need testers for other addons

The site was originally for just Amxmodx. And may stay that way. But it would be cool to get an idea, then make it in ALL the addons. So many ideas...so little time....as I have programmed in ALL of them or more so, adminmod, amx, amxmodx, statsme, clanmod....etx etx...I have lots of experience. And mainly I'm looking to support DOD! Thats the priority....cause its a CS world, duno why but lets see where this goes...

Cheers!
Old 10-13-2004 , 16:37  

Well.. that's cool if you want to keep it just for amxmodx....

But if you were going to do that... Might I suggest a different Domain?

Like... http://dod.amxmodx.org ? Something that signifys that this is related to AmxModX. The point of it, is to keep from getting people confused. If I go to a website.. like dodplugins.com.. At that point.. it's not clear that this is an AMXMODX only site. I have to click on the site.. possibly read a banner or something like that.

but a subdomain like dod.amxmodx.org I immediately know!

What would be cool is that this pilot project, which I'm fine for you guys doing just for AMX Mod X, but imagine a site.. that was unbiased toward any of the admin mods.

Each mod had their sections, but all freely available from a one-stop shop. Support would be limited to the DoD Plugins, and not the actual Mod DLL's themself. If you need support on that, you would then be directed to the appropriate page.

The forums could be setup where each admin mod section had their own moderators.. possibly moderators from their "parent" website.

this is just stream of thought.. This whole discussion has had me thinking.

You know.. being a part of the AMX team.. There is a lot of resentment that I've seen, not just from the team itself, the whole community.. there's a lot of confusion going on.. ALOT.. and that's sad for me to see. Not to intentionally segway, here's an example..

SidLuke admitted to dropping support for the AMX version of DoDXMod. So.. I got the source, made it ready for the latest version of AMX, and even fixed a few bugs that were reeking major havoc on DoD servers. I tidy up the code, only because SidLuke refused to offer support to AMX, because he was now with AMXX...

so.. Enter an unbiased Community.. Where devleopers with each mod worked together to better everyone. Sure.. SidLuke would be apart of the AMXX team.. and I might be apart of the AMX team.. but we would both be members of the same forum. We could swap ideas back and forth and make that module always be available for both mods!

Sorry guys.. I didn't mean to rant on like this.. I just think there's a lot going on.. that I think a central unbiased location could benefit from.

Sorry for the rambling.
BAILOPAN
Old 10-13-2004 , 18:47  

I won't post my feelings on this here, if you want my real opinion on this whole thing I'll take it off the boards.

End result is this. If it's going to be blessed by AMX Mod X, compatibility with AMX Mod X is a priority over AMX Mod. I'm willing to give away services, but the services need to give our community priority.