Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Game server hosting recommendations

Post New Thread Reply   

8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-23-2019 , 07:21   Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, by the end of month my server hosted on EOReality provided by VPPGaming will be closed so I was wondering if anyone have any game server hosting recommendations for me
I'm not looking for VDS or dedicated servers just CSGO game server with the following criteria:
1. 128tick, 10 slots
2. free fastdl that user can upload to with ftp instead of using game panel to sync files (need to upload maps bigger than 150Mb)
3. not too expensive

Thanks
Old 06-23-2019 , 11:35   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #2

Deppends on where you are from?
Old 06-23-2019 , 12:30   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrept4 View Post
Deppends on where you are from?
well preferably the server should be in LA, United States
since that's where my current KZ server hosted on EOReality is at
Old 06-24-2019 , 07:34   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #4

NFO servers is the obvious answer for NA users. The majority of all top NA communities have their servers there. They have locations all over the states including LA, some of the largest DDoS protection you will find with any game server host, and their server performance is 2nd to none. They also do not use the shitty TCAdmin control panel and give you full FTP access with almost no restrictions. I've been hosting my servers with them for 7+ years now, they are top of the line at a price point better than most others.

You can get a 10 slot LA server with them for 8.99 a month. If you are renting a single game server, that 8.99 will include a free FastDL with basically unlimited space for your server content. There is no downside to using NFO, especially if you're paying for the servers yourself.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2019 , 11:48   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
NFO servers is the obvious answer for NA users. The majority of all top NA communities have their servers there. They have locations all over the states including LA, some of the largest DDoS protection you will find with any game server host, and their server performance is 2nd to none. They also do not use the shitty TCAdmin control panel and give you full FTP access with almost no restrictions. I've been hosting my servers with them for 7+ years now, they are top of the line at a price point better than most others.

You can get a 10 slot LA server with them for 8.99 a month. If you are renting a single game server, that 8.99 will include a free FastDL with basically unlimited space for your server content. There is no downside to using NFO, especially if you're paying for the servers yourself.
thx for your suggestion
the fastdl part sounds wonderful being able to upload directly to the fastdl with ftp
was wondering can i switch what tick the game server runs on?

i've also been looking at fragnet are they good?
really interested in their clan play group play feature.
does any1 have any experience with them?
i emailed them asking about the fastdl part and clan play group play feature but i would like to hear from real users as well
Old 06-25-2019 , 05:24   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #6

Fragnet is terrible, I know this from experience. I'd give up my community before having to use them. Same with Gameservers, Eoreality, Swiftnode...they are all pretty bad in their own right, and their customer service is worse. DAYS between responses.

NFO, you can switch tickrate from 33, to 50, to 85.3, to 102.5, to 128 at any time right from your Control Panel. NFO Support will respond to you 24 hours a day. During normal hours (9am - 9pm) they will respond in MINUTES and are actually helpful. Tickets rarely need to be elevated to someone "higher". Their front line customer support people are top notch.

I know I sound like a shill here but in all the years I've been operating my community and game servers, I've tested countless Game Server providers across the United States and Europe, and I've yet to find a company in either location that meets the same overall quality standards that NFO does. I honestly can't think of one bad thing to say about them or their service.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-25-2019 , 13:30   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Fragnet is terrible, I know this from experience. I'd give up my community before having to use them. Same with Gameservers, Eoreality, Swiftnode...they are all pretty bad in their own right, and their customer service is worse. DAYS between responses.

NFO, you can switch tickrate from 33, to 50, to 85.3, to 102.5, to 128 at any time right from your Control Panel. NFO Support will respond to you 24 hours a day. During normal hours (9am - 9pm) they will respond in MINUTES and are actually helpful. Tickets rarely need to be elevated to someone "higher". Their front line customer support people are top notch.

I know I sound like a shill here but in all the years I've been operating my community and game servers, I've tested countless Game Server providers across the United States and Europe, and I've yet to find a company in either location that meets the same overall quality standards that NFO does. I honestly can't think of one bad thing to say about them or their service.
thx for the reply
too bad nfoserver have my ip blocked or i might have tried their service
but their support does seem very fast since i get replies almost instantly after emailing about can't access their website
Old 06-29-2019 , 06:33   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #8

Swiftnode

Use them now for 2 years..... And would say go with them.
Old 06-30-2019 , 14:28   Re: Game server hosting recommendations
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:

Will have to agree with Mlov240 here. I've had servers and VDSes with NFO since 2011 and have never looked back. They are really the best for NA