Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:00   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Is there a list known of ingame (plugin) commands?

A: Yes, there are 3 ways of getting the ingame commands:
  1. Open your web browser and go to http:// your.site/stats/ingame.php?mode=help
  2. When on the server you can type 'help' (when the sourcemod plugin is loaded), the motd window should appear with a list of commands available.
  3. When on the server you can type 'hlx' (when the sourcemod plugin is loaded), next hit ESC and a menu should appear with commands.
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:01   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: The ingame plugin isn't working.
Q: The ingame plugin gives a 404 page.

A: This could be because of a nummer of reasons:

• The rcon password the server and the hlstats webpage aren't the same.
    The perl daemon sends the commands to the gameservers via rcon. If the rcon passwords aren't correct, the daemon can be banned by the server and not be able to send out the menu. (listip shows ipbans at the gameserver).
  • The stats url isn't defined / isn't defined correctly.
    The perl daemon sets the hlstatsurl to the url you have currently set the website up with. This url is send towards the gameservers via rcon from the perl daemon. If the hlstatsurl (which is found under "game settings --> mod --> edit servers --> configuration") isn't set to the correct url, the gameserver will not be ab/list]le to pull up the menu and show this ingame in the motd window.
  • If you change this be sure to restart the perl daemon AND the gameserver!!

Last edited by Mavrick4283; 11-23-2012 at 14:01.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:02   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: The daemon won't run, getting errors with ^M lines in the configuration file.

A: You edited the config file on a windows machine with either microsoft word or wordpad.

Windows, for some reason, finds in necessary to end all the lines with a ^M tag. While this tag isn't shown while editing in wordpad, on linux you can seem them clearly. You will need to de-windows-fy the configuration file. Under linux this can be done by installing "tofrodos".

After installing the above package, simply type the following:
Code:
dos2unix <dosfile> <outputfile>
Where "<dosfile>" should have the name of the file with the ^M markings and "<outputfile>" the name of the file you wish to store the changes in!
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:03   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Can't setup UDP socket on port 27500: Address already in use

A: It seems the port is already in use. This can be because of several reasons:

• Hlstats is already running.
    If you started hlstats via the 'run_hlstats' command, try to locate the 'hlstats.pid' file, in your scripts dir. If this file is present, it means hlstats is already running.
    You can use './run_hlstats stop' to stop the current hlstats daemon.
  • Some other program is running on that port.
    With linux, you can type 'netstat -a | grep 27500' to see if the port is already open. With 'ps aux | grep hlstats' you can see if hlstats is already running for example
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:06   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: I'm getting the following error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'".

A: This means that the mysql server you have installed doesn't seem to run or isn't placing the mysql socket file in the correct location.

On a linux machine you can do the following:
  1. Locate the mysql config file (usually located in /etc/mysql/, called 'my.cnf').
  2. Edit the file with a text editor and search for the string "socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock".
  3. If socket is pointing towards something different, please change the string to the above and save your config file.
  4. Restart the mysql server (/etc/init.d/mysql restart).
  5. Browse to the /var/run/mysqld/ directory and do a directory listing (ls) to see if the mysqld.sock file is placed there!

A different, but less likely situation, could be that the socket file is placed there but the server itself can't connect to the localhost. Instead of using localhost as mysqlserver address, revert back to the ip 127.0.0.1 or simply use the ip address that the machine has been given if it is directly connected to the internet.

Also check to make sure that the machine isn't running a firewall (which would commonly be called 'iptables' on a linux machine) and blocks any incoming traffic to port 3306 (default sql port). You can do a listing with 'iptables -L -n'. Remember you can only edit the iptables settings if you are using 'sudo' or 'root' itself!
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:07   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: I'm having issues with locked tables in mysql, why is this?
Q: My MYSQL command seems to hog 99% cpu all the time, why is this?
Q: I had to kill hlstats.pl and restart it before stats got updated again, why is this?

A: Your HLX:CE daemon may be geting overloaded with the number of log lines coming in.

Each gameserver, when sending their logs to the hlstats.pl daemon, spam the daemon quite a lot. The hlstats.pl daemon in turn builds sql injections from those loglines and sends this to your mysql server, which in turn tries to execute them and fill the database. When a high number of game servers are installed on one daemon, latency may be seen from the end users. Most mysql databases, which you as user use, aren't setup for this amount of data and begin to stop the immidiate flow of injections in order to keep it's head above water.

In order to fix this the best thing you could do is start up a multiple of HLX:CE Daemons. For more information, visit our wiki page on Controlling the HLX:CE Daemon (Link Removed)

Next in line would be your gameservers. Change some of your log lines to now use the higher port numbers as set up in the previous step.

Last edited by Mavrick4283; 11-23-2012 at 14:07.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:09   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: What are these SuperLogs plugins I keep hearing about and where can I get them?

A: SuperLogs are a collection of logging plugins written by psychonic that are seperate and apart from the HLX:CE project.

SuperLogs plugins, while not required for operation on most games for HLX:CE, provide advanced weapon logging for many of the popular Valve games. These plugins are not HLX:CE specific. They follow the Half-Life Logging Format specified by Valve, and as such can be used by any of the statistics generating systems, not just HLX:CE (although we're sure you want to use ours!).

SuperLogs are available as source code in our repository. However, as these plugins are not officially part of the HLX:CE project, they are typically not dealt with in great detail here on our forums or web site. More information is available on our wiki: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=204510

NOTE: A few of these plugins require SDK Hooks for some advanced logging (such as Team Fortress 2). SDK Hooks is not written by the HLX:CE development team and can be found separately on the SourceMod web site.

Last edited by Mavrick4283; 01-04-2013 at 14:22.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member

Q: The daemon gives the error "No data since 120 seconds".

A: Means the daemon isn't getting any gameserver log data to process.

Check your firewall settings for both the gameserver as the daemon.
UDP port 27500 must be open for the daemon (incoming and outgoing traffic).
TCP port 27015 must be open for the gameserver (incoming and outgoing traffic).

This often will require you to communicate with the host of your daemon and ask them to open up a firewall port.
Be sure to mention 'incoming and outgoing'-traffic, seeing some only unblock outgoing.

Q: I want to create separate stats per server of one mod. How can I do this?
Q: My gameservers are running plugins on one mod. How do I get these servers to separate their stats?

A: Follow the steps below:

1. Login to your hlx:ce website via the admin shortcut.
  2. Scroll to the right side of the screen, to the section called 'Tools'.
  3. Select 'Duplicate Game settings'.
  4. Select the gametype you wish to clone / duplicate and give it a new name.
    Note: Do not use a '/', '\' or ' ' (empty space) in your gametype-name!
    Instead of a ' ' you can use a '_'!
  5. Add the server(s) to your newly created gametype.
  6. Enjoy the new gametype with stats based on the server(s) you added!
  7. Drink your milk and become a strong and wiser man/woman/robot!
Old 11-23-2012 , 14:10   Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: My mysql server gives a 'Server error: Access denied for user 'user'@'host' (using password: YES)' error.
Q: My mysql server won't let my webserver connect.
Q: My mysql server only allows connections from localhost.

A:On a linux machine you can do the following:

1. Locate the mysql config file (usually located in /etc/mysql/, called 'my.cnf').
  2. Edit the file with a text editor and search for the string "bind-address=".
  3. My guess is the file only has "bind-address=127.0.0.1" set, change that into "bind-address=your.internet.ip.address".
  4. Exit and save the text editor.
  5. Restart the mysql server (/etc/init.d/mysql restart).
  6. Restart the daemon and wait for the servers to connect!