8% 

[CS:GO] force team join

Post New Thread Reply   

stece
Old 03-18-2022 , 19:05   Re: [CS:GO] force team join
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by headline View Post
I updated it to the new syntax and added the CVAR functionality you wanted. Untested.

"forceteam_setting" is the new cvar and it's ONLY acceptable values are 0, 2, or 3.

0 - Plugin treats joining as it did before
2 - Forces players to the Terrorist team
3 - Forces players to the Counter-Terrorist Team
I was playing around with your old code. I notice when a player connects, he is forced to join a team. Which is great and what I was looking for. However, that player still sees the team assign options. In the background, you can already hear the weapon draw and player spawning. So I know he already spawned in the correct team. But I still need to "select" a team. Can I hide that somehow?
headline
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-21-2022 , 22:29   Re: [CS:GO] force team join
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stece View Post
I was playing around with your old code. I notice when a player connects, he is forced to join a team. Which is great and what I was looking for. However, that player still sees the team assign options. In the background, you can already hear the weapon draw and player spawning. So I know he already spawned in the correct team. But I still need to "select" a team. Can I hide that somehow?
If I remember correctly, Valve changed the team join UI since my post so that'd explain this behavior, I don't recall running into this issue at the time that I ran servers.