Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 11-21-2011 , 17:27   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #971

Can someone take over the metamod l4dtoolz plugin? i mean like downtown was taken over by ProdigySim for example
Old 11-22-2011 , 05:44   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #972

l4dtoolz already does what it's suppost to do and don't really need anything else so that's why I think no one should take it over.

if you ask me downtown got worse when people took over it because they started adding things to it that didn't have anything to do with the slot patching (which was the original idea) , and it became
an extension full of natives and stocks instead. (Useful natives for some, unfortunently not for me)

Last edited by Visual77; 11-22-2011 at 05:55.
ivailosp
Old 11-22-2011 , 12:49   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #973

well... I'm in USA for business and I dont have time right now
so can someone give me ssh access to machine that dont load l4dtoolz
TeeCee
Old 11-22-2011 , 14:31   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #974

I too was briefly affected by the L4D2 update which broke L4DToolZ on my Debian machine (running under an OpenVZ virtual machine). However, the next subsequent L4D2 update made it work again (for the most part). I now have my old 9 vs 9 versus game back, with bots and/or players.

OS is an old build admittedly (Debian 2.6.18-1-openvz). I am running L4DToolZ version 1.0.0.10RC2 by Ivailosp. Metamod version 1.8.8-dev ( build ID 777 ). Sourcemod version 1.4.1-dev ( build ID 3438 ).

However, I have the issue that despite the console / server-browser and everything reporting 18 maxplayers, the Steam Group window ingame (and presumably thus the matchmaking) only reports 8 slots. More people can connect manually if they knew to, but as a result the server generally only gets 8 random people from matchmaking.

It seems to be unreserving the game fine. I have the l4dtoolz and key cvars all set as follows:-
maxplayers 18
sv_visiblemaxplayers -1
sv_maxplayers 18
sv_removehumanlimit 1
sv_unlock_sb_add 1
sv_force_unreserved 1

I am unsure how L4DToolZ manipulates the matchmaking system and steam-group reporting, but I presume some feature of the plugin is broken as it used to report 0/18 in the Steamgroup previously.

Strangely I can see other servers running with 18 or 20 slots in the Steam Group Server list, and they appear on the surface to be running the same meta / sourcemod plugins and versions.

Any ideas if this is likely to be down to a failing within L4Dtoolz post-game-update, ivailosp? Appreciate you are busy (and all the help to date).

- TeeCee

Last edited by TeeCee; 11-22-2011 at 14:32.
MonkeyDrone
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-22-2011 , 14:36   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
l4dtoolz already does what it's suppost to do and don't really need anything else so that's why I think no one should take it over.

if you ask me downtown got worse when people took over it because they started adding things to it that didn't have anything to do with the slot patching (which was the original idea) , and it became
an extension full of natives and stocks instead. (Useful natives for some, unfortunently not for me)
Dear Mr. Visual,
As you might have noted that a lot of people are having problems with L4DToolz on their systems.

By some sheer luck your server is running that doesn't mean that L4DToolz is working for everyone, it would be nice to see that you keep your opinion to yourself regarding the 'works, improvement & management of L4DToolz' to yourself since you clearly don't seem to care if its working or not for others.

All I see is that you care sincerely about yourself and your own server.

For once do something good and not stop progress and development of a community.

People have been asking for help and you have been stone-walling them, if you can't formulate an opinion that helps / improves / fixes the situation then do stay out of it.

Everyone would be better off in that case.

Sincerely,
Monkey Drone.
rava
Old 11-22-2011 , 14:56   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDrone View Post
Dear Mr. Visual,
As you might have noted that a lot of people are having problems with L4DToolz on their systems.

By some sheer luck your server is running that doesn't mean that L4DToolz is working for everyone, it would be nice to see that you keep your opinion to yourself regarding the 'works, improvement & management of L4DToolz' to yourself since you clearly don't seem to care if its working or not for others.

All I see is that you care sincerely about yourself and your own server.

For once do something good and not stop progress and development of a community.

People have been asking for help and you have been stone-walling them, if you can't formulate an opinion that helps / improves / fixes the situation then do stay out of it.

Everyone would be better off in that case.

Sincerely,
Monkey Drone.

... no comment !

Last edited by rava; 11-22-2011 at 14:58. Reason: oublie mention
cutman
Old 11-22-2011 , 15:10   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #977

I agree with Monkey! When you can not help Do not clutter the forum useless messages! thank you!
MonkeyDrone
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-22-2011 , 15:13   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by rava View Post
... no comment !
@Rava, Still having problems with your server after the last update?
rava
Old 11-22-2011 , 15:16   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #979

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDrone View Post
@Rava, Still having problems with your server after the last update?
Hello Monkey Drone,
yes like no more than 8 players!
Old 11-22-2011 , 15:16   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #980

ivailosp glad to see your about mate, just found out by asking gameservers. the french server for my 6v6 is CentOs, just so you keep track of the setups working or not working, seems fine except for downtown no longer working any suggestion on a less over done downtown version with a web link that works with l4d2 appreciated?

Its a shame unreserveing the lobby stops easy access , its difficult to find the right kinda people who dont ragequit soon as they see its modded after a lobby