Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

I need a bit of help

Post New Thread Reply   

Spetznaz
Old 08-19-2009 , 05:13   I need a bit of help
Reply With Quote #1

First off, to those of you that put all of this out here for us to use and to the ones that offer their help, thank you.

I recently had Mani Mod installed but I did not like that it limited me to what what I could do vs what I wanted to do. So now I am working with sourceMod. I have been doing nothing but reading and reading more to try to understand how to set up the things I wanted.

To start I will ask about Admin. I am aware of the wiki and it was helpfull to a degree but it does not cover everything. I would like to have three levels of admin on my server. The first and highest level will basicly cover all permissions(including models) and immunities. The second will be basic admin(slap, slay, kick, ban etc) and some level of immunity. The third isn't really an admin at all, rather it's a VIP. To do this I understand it would be easier to create three groups ie UHL, UHL2, and VIP where UHL is the admins with the highest level and so on.

So I think I understand how to create a group and in doing so the admin "file" would look something like this:

"Steam ID" "10:@UHL" <--Being the highest admin
"Steam ID" "5:@UHL2" <--Being the normal admin

My biggest question here is the immunity. I understand the numbers are "arbitrary". But what is one immune to? If I set the hiest level of imunity to 10, and the lowest as 1, what is 1 immune to? As well, when dealing with my VIPs I only want them to be immune to votekick and voteban(further more I only want to give them the permission to !give* where* is a weapon, acces to VIP models, and reserved slots). So how do I configure that?

Hopefully my questions in my head haven't warped the questions here in text. I'll stop here for now.
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-19-2009 , 07:35   Re: I need a bit of help
Reply With Quote #2

You should use groups and set the immunity levels there. The highest immunity number would be for the highest level.

A lower number for the basic admin and lower number still for the VIPs. Regular guests are assigned zero by default.

Immunity ensures that lower levels can't run admin commands on higher levels. There is also a setting so that same level immunity cann't pull things on others at their level.

Then all you have to do is assign your admins and VIPs to the groups. This makes it much easier when you later promote/demote someone.
Spetznaz
Old 08-19-2009 , 08:27   Re: I need a bit of help
Reply With Quote #3

Alright, that makes sense.

Now, I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out how to create custom flags and can't find anything on it. I have my admin permissions set but for my VIPs all I want them to have is access to models and giveitem.

Example:

VIP logs onto server and types in game !givem4 and recieves an m4. I understand that to give the VIP that "flag" it would have to be in the VIP groups "flag". Problem is, I can't find a command for it.

So how do I do that?
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2009 , 17:53   Re: I need a bit of help
Reply With Quote #4

First, you want to give certain groups certain flags as I'm sure you understand, a custom flag is one that is not already assigned to something. I usually use "o" as my custom flag. After you have your groups with their flags, I would ovveride access to certain commands only to vips, a tutorial on ovveriding command access is here http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Overridin...ess_(SourceMod)
Old 08-20-2009 , 09:13   Re: I need a bit of help
Reply With Quote #5

Got it all figured out. Just grabed the !buy plugin and it works fine. Thank you for the help.