Old Simple Team Balancer

Post New Thread Reply   

ENF
Old 10-01-2008 , 03:26   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog115 View Post
Suggestion:

Don't switch live players carrying the intelligence.
You could just use dead players, unless you already are and people just aren't dying... lol.

In other news: This latest revision has been working pretty smoothly. Getting some people to understand the concept of the "buddy" system is proving to be a challenge. lol.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2008 , 16:40   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #172

Again forgive me if this has already been addressed or requested, but I have noticed that even if I have the Buddy system set to Admin Only, regular players are still getting the Buddy notification and are getting confused about it not working.

Also, the plugin seems to stop working if you select yourself as a Balance Buddy. It doesn't crash and the server stays up, but people don't get switched anymore and there aren't "Teams are Unbalanced" notifications.

Lastly a request, could you make an advertisement or text notification of some sort for when a player gets team balanced? I would like to send a message to someone when they get switched that says something to the effect of "Donators are immune to team balance", and I think a lot of server admins would find this useful. The text message and type (chat, center, etc.) could be set through CVARs.
Old 10-01-2008 , 16:59   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #173

I just went into the translation file, found the on move message and changed it to say donate

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2008 , 17:05   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #174

Hah yeah I thought about doing that too. Is it just a normal chat message or does it center text it? I've never been teambalanced since I have the flag and I've never bothered to remove admin for myself and try.
Old 10-01-2008 , 17:12   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Again forgive me if this has already been addressed or requested, but I have noticed that even if I have the Buddy system set to Admin Only, regular players are still getting the Buddy notification and are getting confused about it not working.

Also, the plugin seems to stop working if you select yourself as a Balance Buddy. It doesn't crash and the server stays up, but people don't get switched anymore and there aren't "Teams are Unbalanced" notifications.

Lastly a request, could you make an advertisement or text notification of some sort for when a player gets team balanced? I would like to send a message to someone when they get switched that says something to the effect of "Donators are immune to team balance", and I think a lot of server admins would find this useful. The text message and type (chat, center, etc.) could be set through CVARs.
I will have to check on that select self code for the balancer. I am not sure off hand how that would stop a balance, but I will look into it.

The other is simple to do and I can add something like that. I do send hint messages to the living players before they are switched, but I do not send messages to dead players. I can add a message to dead players and a cvar to control it. That I think will get you your "Donate and dont get switch" message etc.

I have not double checked the admin only buddy message on myself either. The code is to skip the person if you have buddy restriction and the person isn't a admin/donator. I will double check this as well to make sure it's working as intended.

EDIT: When you selected yourself, did you do it from the command line or menu? I have checked and both look perfect. I still can see no reason for it to stop balances. I will have to test this on a live server later this evening.

EDIT: I have been unable to reproduce the self buddy and no balance result. I need a confirmation of this error please.

Can you also confirm that if you have buddyrestriction set to 1 and you don't have the flags, that you still get the advertisement? Please double check your settings and try to test this for me with someone who doesn't have admin while it's restricted. Thanks.

Last edited by Antithasys; 10-02-2008 at 00:41.
tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2008 , 03:24   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #176

I gotta say, im using your new one and the immunity works now and i set it so only dead players get switched and that works PERFECTLY!

The buddy system also looks awesome so thanks once again for this amazing plugin.
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-02-2008 , 07:37   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #177

I've added the german translation and changed the format of the translation file to UTF-8, otherwise the vowel mutations (or however you say to it in english) are not shown.
If you edit the translation file make sure you keep the UTF-8 format by using an advanced editor like Notepad++
Attached Files
File Type: txt simpleteambalancer.phrases.txt (3.7 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by gH0sTy; 10-02-2008 at 07:42.
Antithasys
Old 10-02-2008 , 14:12   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #178

Thanks!

++
jasonfrog
Old 10-02-2008 , 21:36   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #179

great plugin. good work.

is there a way to disable buddy system or the advertising of it?
ENF
Old 10-03-2008 , 02:16   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfrog View Post
great plugin. good work.

is there a way to disable buddy system or the advertising of it?
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Post
Console Variables:
  • stb_enabled - Enable or Disable Simple Team Balancer
  • stb_balancedelay - Delay in seconds to start an autobalance
  • stb_logactivity - Enable or Disable the displaying of events in the log
  • stb_unbalancelimit - Amount of players teams are allowed to be unbalanced by
  • stb_deadonly - Enable or Disable the switching of only dead players
  • stb_forcedenabled - Enable or Disable forcing the player to accept the balanced team
  • stb_priorityenabled - Enable or Disable the prioritization of living players
  • stb_uberlevel - Min level medic must have to have priority over other players. Setting to 0 will rarely switch a living medic
  • stb_switchbackforced - Amount of time in seconds to not switch a player twice and force the team if enabled
  • stb_livingplayercheckdelay - Delay in seconds to start checking living players once teams become unbalanced
  • stb_livingplayerswitchdelay - Delay in seconds to switch living players once selected
  • stb_roundstartdelay - Delay in seconds to start balancing teams after the start of a round
  • stb_adminflag - Admin flag to use for immunity. Must be in char format.
  • stb_buddyrestriction - Enable or Disable Admin Only buddy lists
  • stb_timeleft - Amount of secs left in the MAP to stop balances. Setting to 60 means it will stop with 1 minute left
  • stb_convarcontrol - Enable or Disable the control of builtin console variables
  • stb_mp_autoteambalance
  • stb_mp_teams_unbalance_limit
If I am correct, this disables the buddy system for all players except admins. (If stb_buddyrestriction = 1)