Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Old Simple Team Balancer

Post New Thread Reply   

Order66
Old 09-26-2008 , 20:59   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #151

Great plugin!

Just wondering if there are the following two features you will add in the future, or if it can be easily tweaked myself.

1) The ability for Players that get switched to NOT allow to switch back (even if the team is balanced)

2) A delay that I can set before autobalance kicks in. I notice it kicks in instantly when the team is unbalanced, and if there is a dead player, it will switch them instantly... would like to see a short delay between the two in case new players join the game and joins the unbalanced team (since no one likes to be switched)

Thanks!
Antithasys
Old 09-27-2008 , 01:10   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
Just wondering if there are the following two features you will add in the future, or if it can be easily tweaked myself.

1) The ability for Players that get switched to NOT allow to switch back (even if the team is balanced)
Really? That seems overly cruel. Are you sure you would want to be able to do this? What does everyone else think?

Quote:
2) A delay that I can set before autobalance kicks in. I notice it kicks in instantly when the team is unbalanced, and if there is a dead player, it will switch them instantly... would like to see a short delay between the two in case new players join the game and joins the unbalanced team (since no one likes to be switched)
I knew someone was going to ask for this. I think this can be done somewhat easily, will look into it.
ENF
Old 09-27-2008 , 12:00   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #153

Just wanted to report back that the latest release has been a bit of a hit with my regulars. I had to kick people off this morning to update the plugin, but it was well worth it.

Have no errors to report as of yet. Someone did say they got 'teleported' to a different map after he got auto-teamed. But, I was not there and have not verified this as of yet.

Thanks for a great addon.
Antithasys
Old 09-27-2008 , 14:21   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENF View Post
Someone did say they got 'teleported' to a different map after he got auto-teamed.
Now that is a feature! lol
ENF
Old 09-27-2008 , 15:17   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
Now that is a feature! lol
I still haven't talked to the person in question, but it was dustbowl, so I assume that he meant one of the other stages he got ported to. Still no real merit in this, just a real funny coincidence.
HanoverFist
Old 09-27-2008 , 20:25   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #156

How do I stop the welcome message and totally disable the buddy system?
Order66
Old 09-28-2008 , 04:19   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
Really? That seems overly cruel. Are you sure you would want to be able to do this? What does everyone else think?
I've came across some scenerios where once a person gets balanced, they would go spectator and wait until the team balances then he/she goes back to the original team.

This becomes more of a problem when there is team stack going on....and the player simply would resist to balance the losing team.

I hate the situation where the match becomes 12v9 (down by three players, and my unbalance_limit is 1), then the team gets balanced to 11v10. The person that got switch is pissed, so they go into spectator, making another person having to switch which I think is very unfair.

I think my request is directed towards team stacking, and it may not apply to other servers. If a player is not allow to switch back for lets say even 1min, they will either A) Deal with it and help the unbalanced team or B) Quit the server (which I dont mind since provoking team stacking may cause more lost in players)

Your thoughts?
Antithasys
Old 09-28-2008 , 06:26   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:
I hate the situation where the match becomes 12v9 (down by three players, and my unbalance_limit is 1), then the team gets balanced to 11v10. The person that got switch is pissed, so they go into spectator, making another person having to switch which I think is very unfair.
The way it works already is designed to prevent that very thing. A forced player cannot join spectator during the force period if that would cause an inbalance. In addition, if they were to go back to the original team when it wouldn't make them unbalanced, and then they become unbalanced once again, the autobalance will find the forced player first, switch him back to the team he is supposed to be on, and then only continue with the balance. Even if the team he is currently on is spectator, it will switch him out of spectator and to the team he is supposed to be on.

Turn on the log activity and watch it work in the logs.
ENF
Old 09-28-2008 , 09:25   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #159

Small question:

How hard would it be to have the balance plugin recognize the round timer in Dustbowl and other similar maps? People are getting switched at 30 seconds etc...

Or... is that setting there and I just don't have it set right?
Antithasys
Old 09-28-2008 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] Simple Team Balancer
Reply With Quote #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENF View Post
Small question:

How hard would it be to have the balance plugin recognize the round timer in Dustbowl and other similar maps? People are getting switched at 30 seconds etc...

Or... is that setting there and I just don't have it set right?
stb_timeleft - Amount of secs left in the round to stop balances. Setting to 60 means it will stop with 1 minute left

That feature was added in 1.3.2, but it does not appear to be working exactly as intended. The code makes sense to me, but I have done some simple mistakes before resulting in a completely undesired result. Something is not right with it, I think I may have a tag mismatch or misunderstand what returns with the built-in function. Will look into it.

I have a new version in testing now and will try to incorporate this fix into it as well.

EDIT: It seems that the function I am using actually gets how much time is left in the map, and not the round. I am checking to see if I can find a round time cvar or function to get this info. If there is not, there is no way I could implement it. My cvar description should read:

stb_timeleft - Amount of secs left in the map to stop balances. Setting to 60 means it will stop with 1 minute left

Last edited by Antithasys; 09-28-2008 at 19:05.