Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Kigen
BANNED
Old 05-16-2010 , 12:53   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

I'd avoid XFactorServers.

All the others seem to be fine tho.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 05-16-2010 , 14:04   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

I have to agree with Kigen, XFactorServers has a bit of a stigma attached to it thanks to it's owner, not to mention I've had nothing but problems since I got a server under them.
Old 05-16-2010 , 14:16   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Well, the reason why I suggest avoiding XFactorServers is because of Derek. In particular the way he screwed n00bSalad when we wanted to just get a dedicated box from the datacenter.
savagekid
Old 05-16-2010 , 14:44   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Similar to what Kigen said, I've heard a lot of bad things on GSPTruth about Derek from XFactorServers. However, this is just what I see from the posts on there. I have not personally spoken to him, so I don't want to offend him in anyway on this forum.

On the other hand, I've used GameServers.com before and they basically treat you as just another "customer". If you contact support, they usually send you a generic fix or a link to the FAQ. I won't say their servers are bad, but they're low tier compared to other GSPs I've been with. On a lighter note, their control panels are easy to use.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
Samantha
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-16-2010 , 14:57   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

OMG Agreeed, Xfactorservers are terrible, i ordered one for 18 slots and they gave me a 16 slot one, and they refused to give me my money back, when i talked to derek. I dont recommend them at all.
savagekid
Old 05-16-2010 , 15:22   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Hmm...is it me or is Jewz posting that everywhere?

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
Samantha
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-16-2010 , 23:41   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

lol i though u were being racist at first
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2010 , 11:25   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

To the original poster, I'm not sure if you've found a host yet, but I've been with artofwarcentral.com and gameservers.com and the host I've been most impressed with has been my current host: serverffs.com
marianow
Old 05-17-2010 , 11:33   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

gameservers rlz
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-17-2010 , 11:43   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
Well, the reason why I suggest avoiding XFactorServers is because of Derek. In particular the way he screwed n00bSalad when we wanted to just get a dedicated box from the datacenter.
I agree. Once I get my admin management script finished, my xFactor server will be gone. He (Derek) screwed our community by dropping our sponsored servers with no warning and then I ended up having to demand they be put back online to get the files off. I had to re-request it about 12 hours later as they had taken them down again.

If it wasn't for Derek, I'd have no problem with them.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Closed Thread