Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)

Post New Thread Reply   

Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-31-2010 , 13:10   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
Hi Damizean,

I understand little of it since i'm not a coder. I don't know if this info adds another perspective on the case.
Nothing new, the plugin already deletes the entity upon death.

Quote:
Could this be because his plugin creates a prop_physics instead of a prop_physics_override or even a prop_dynamic?
I don't know, that's up to voogru and his method.
jouva
Old 07-31-2010 , 22:49   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1252

Hey FYI I found a SMALL issue with my "fix". It doesn't properly work for when a player initially connects. They "change classes" and as such the model view doesn't show up initially til a player dies or changes classes.

Probably simple to fix. Array of clients, stating if it's their first time setting a class. False by default (reset on player disconnect) and set to true once they trigger the player_changeclass event. And just wrap that in its own function that calls Event_RemoveItem
alinayg
Old 08-01-2010 , 03:12   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinayg View Post
Personally I don't like adding files that players have to download on connection. When I join a server that makes me download a ton of custom files that take for ever I usually cancel the connection.

But I do love custom hats, Would there be a way to add these files to the maps bsp? Pakrat all the custom content into the bsp and point the files in the right dir?

Would this mod still read those files?
Any info?
Old 08-01-2010 , 22:23   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1254

Can anyone help me with adding two hats from the TF2 Mod Emporium XXI (http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=970320), the Bonk'n'Flash and the Bionicle Mask? I've renamed all six files for the bonk'n'flash to bonk_n_flash.whatever (it used to be scout_domination) and changed the folder to custom/items/ or something. The specific error I'm getting says something about scout_domination.mdl and soldier_viking.mdl (the one I used for the Bionicle mask, renamed to avohki.mdl). Any instructions I can do to fix or is it a model problem?
The error only shows up in client console, not in server console, and has something about checksum being wrong.

EDIT: I just tried again using the guitar on back thing from Emporium XX, and it gave this error when I did tf_equipment_reload
Error Vertex File for 'playeritemsengineerengineer_earbuds.mdl' checksum -1746583945 should be -1742988
I did NOT rename the model files, but I DID change the directory from models/player/items/engineer/ to models/custom/items/engiguitar. Any help? (I think some of the error's second number got cut off)
EDIT2: It also doesn't seem to matter what index I use.

EDIT3: Just saw Zuko's tutorial on it, but I have no idea what to do concerning the tutorial. Anyone willing to make those three? Both the links to Tools.7z are broken on his tutorial...

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 08-02-2010 at 00:42. Reason: More info on error + request to use Zuko's tutorial to make them
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2010 , 09:22   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1255

You can't rename filenames and paths because they can only be set when compiling the models. That's what the tutorial Zuko made is about, what don't you understand about that tutorial. It helped me porting the models perfectly.
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-02-2010 , 14:17   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1256

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinayg View Post
Any info?
You can compile hat and item files into a map just like you would normal models (like a prop) and all players connecting will see them.
I'm not sure if it works with this plugin or not though. I've only done it way back when hats were first released.
Old 08-02-2010 , 15:11   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1257

I don't know, I've never experimented with maps nor tried to make one. I guess it would work as long as the hats were used on the specific map you packed them in.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2010 , 17:45   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1258

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
You can't rename filenames and paths because they can only be set when compiling the models. That's what the tutorial Zuko made is about, what don't you understand about that tutorial. It helped me porting the models perfectly.
The links to the files needed for his tutorial are broken, it seems. Can somebody rehost them?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2010 , 23:46   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1259

Eraserhead, how would I modify the plugin so that, if I put in a steamid in the steamid flag from your modification, it restricts the hat to that steamid only, but if the string for that is empty, such as "steamid" "", then it applies normal restrictions such as ADMIN_ONLY? According to your modification, it does not allow hats unless the hat is user_default or specific steamid. I want to set it up so that it only restricts if the steamid is specified, otherwise it will use the "flags" line.
r14170
Veteran Member
Old 08-06-2010 , 08:11   Re: [TF2] Equipment manager 1.1.8 (05/22/10)
Reply With Quote #1260

nice