Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Why is this plugin not giving correct ammo?

Post New Thread Reply   

TBFP
Old 06-11-2023 , 12:57   Why is this plugin not giving correct ammo?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there,

I have been trying to figure out why this plugin I am trying to setup has some sort of problem with setting the ammo (NOT the magazine already in the weapon), where no matter what I set it to, it just gives it the default amount of ammo.

The problem persists where I everything I try (which is limited) has not worked to try and get my ammo to 0. It was updated 4 months ago so not totally outdated... It works fine otherwise. I was hoping somebody could maybe look at the last couple lines of guns.sp to see what is the issue and how to fix? i doubt it would be difficult, i am just unfamilar with sourcepawn!

Attached .sp file and .txt file for setting up the menu options.

This is the Jail Warden Pro plugin, I have tried to contact the person running the plugin but I haven't had much luck.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2575010

vvvvvv

--this part isnt important, its here just if you don't understand the point of this.

This is for a jailbreak warden menu category for spawnable weapons, and what I am trying to do is create weapons that do not have any ammo or bullets in the magazine (an empty weapon.) I can remove all the bullets from the magazine, but not from the ammo i can reload it with, which is the default amount. You can use these in game as a prize or a way to choose a winner (throwing it into stacks) etc etc. Its just an easier method than emptying the gun you already have, also being able to keep your weapon at the same time instead of using it as a prize.

The infinite ammo weapons are "fake" infinite ammo, and are probably not staying so you do not need to worry about those entrys.

--

EDIT 1: It seems to work if you are already holding the exact weapon that you are trying to spawn. So in this instance; You already have a deagle, you use the menu to spawn an empty one, pick up the empty one, works fine. If you do not have a deagle, it will spawn with ammo.

This could also be a plugin confliction maybe? Maybe the hosties plugin is causing some issues. I will look into this alternatively.

Edit 2: this is for CS:S by the way.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (jwp_guns.sp - 14 views - 3.3 KB)
File Type: txt guns.txt (1.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (jwp_laserbeam.sp - 7 views - 15.6 KB)

Last edited by TBFP; 06-25-2023 at 11:49. Reason: Edit 1; Edit 2
TBFP
Old 06-11-2023 , 13:34   Re: Why is this plugin not giving correct ammo?
Reply With Quote #2

Attached is an error from srcds console.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	200909