Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    myGaming's ultra precise karma kill system
    Old 02-05-2022 , 12:59   [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin [V3.9 2022/06/12]
    Reply With Quote #1

Updater will force you to download all plugins. Make sure you download all of them and shut down any cvar you don't want

I intend to make this plugin staple, so you will have no reason under any circumstance to edit it. If you have a reason to edit it, contact me on Discord so I can solve it on my behalf: Eyal282#1334

Left4Dhooks is not only required, it also requires you to use a very new plugin version

Fuck Zones will allow you to make custom karma kill spots, and create custom spots where chargers will stop immediately, useful for servers with charger jump because it involves some glitches.

A karma kill is the act of removing a survivor from life, the map or both, with barely or no regard to his health. This can be really high fall, water, removing from map ( concert ) and ledge hangs resulted by the primary attack of every infected except for hunter, boomer* and spitter.
    *Boomers have a known bitch slap plugin that allows registry of karma if installed.
    Got permission from myGaming to publish the best plugin ever with more options, and an API for a karma event for my Point System.

Features:

Very precise karma system.

Karma Charge kill, like the guy I took this plugin from. Unlike the original, karma charge is now calculated by asking if there's a trigger_hurt ( or trigger_hurt_ghost for infected* ) below you that deals fall damage, or drown damage, and if yes, play the karma sound ignoring the height. Also double charging a survivor won't trigger karma because it doesn't actually kill most of the time.

Karma Impact Kill, because chargers have 2 ways to send you to the after life.

Karma Jockey Ride Kill. Both by jumping with custom mods, and by a survivor being forced to hang with a jockey, only to be abandoned.

Karma Slap Kill. Supports servers that don't have bitch slap by using a OnPlayerFling checker.

Karma Punch Kill. This is pretty simple, for tanks.

Karma Smoke. Works ( for me ) only in BoatHouse finale, Atrium, Mall and Memorial Bridge in the standard insta-killing method, and works everywhere when a survivor hangs onto a ledge long enough thanks to you.

Karma Stagger. This is for boomer explosion kills. It's very rare to accomplish but if I don't add it it might trigger as a karma jump.

Bird Charge. This is from the original, triggered when a charger flies with a survivor like a bird within the map's boundaries from a high height. Bird Charges do not allow the target to die unless abusing a bug like !buy kill or a bug from this plugin, which neither should happen...

Karma Jump. Disabled by default ( cvar l4d2_karma_jump ) allows you to detect suicides. I already factually know it can false positive, so use it with caution ( but your admins will thank you as the plugin announces their steam ID on suicide, so records instantly attach a steam ID to them )

* trigger_hurt_ghost is something that actually exists with the purpose of instead of slaying the survivor with that trigger, slay the charger to make the survivor take fall damage. You can find it in No Mercy Finale. Normal trigger_hurt doesn't exist there.

Get Plugin

View Source

Discord integration plugin below ( same instructions as HERE, but of course use the plugin l4d2_karma_jump_discord.smx, also use the cvar list found in l4d2/cfg/sourcemod/l4d2_karma_jump_discord.cfg )

Get Plugin

View Source

If you want to get rid of griefers, this is a very simple way to counter most of them, it will ban anybody making a karma jump within 30 seconds of replacing a bot ( both game join and !takeover )

If you run a custom campaign, review maps like Glubtastic that have very common suicide jumps and use an external map cvar to make it not ban or log jumps if you're playing on a map like that.

Get Plugin

View Source

You MUST use myJockey Jump Redux IF you need a jockey jump in your server
    Original Plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132366

Video Demontration
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_343.png
Views:	617
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	194015  

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 06-12-2022 at 07:09.
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-05-2022 , 13:02   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #2

Q.A:

Q: How does the karma jump ban works?

A: Basically, to ensure as little false positives as possible, a player who makes a karma jump will be banned, and his bot will be respawned to where he stood before the jump, if all of these occur:

1. The karma jump occured by the player jumping, and never landing until he died ( either jumped directly to death, or jumped and hung to a ledge )

2. The player's moment of jump and the moment of taking over his bot were less than 30 seconds apart. This is also round start and !takeover.

3. No other karma has occured in addition to the karma jump. This means that if you make a jump and a tank links that jump to a punch, you will not be banned, and not even be declared a karma jumper.

Q: Anything else to know about the plugin?

A: Three things to note about the plugin:

1. Whenever you make a karma charge, your ability is reset to instantly allow charging again. This is a bug fix as sometimes your ability will never work again.

2. With the plugin of fuckZones, as mentioned above, you're able to set up two types of zones, karma kill zones that will kill the survivor and declare a karma, and force pummel zones.
    Force pummel zones are built by naming a zone to contain the words "ForcePummel". It is to prevent glitches of chargers in some spots to remove someone from the map in a moronic way.
    Karma zones are built like this: If you want the survivor to die, the zone's name must contain "KarmaKill". If you want both the survivor and the pinner to die, the zone's name must contain "KarmaKillAny"

Edit: Another zone was added named "NoKarma", which prevents karma registration while you're inside it. Some weird geometry maps exist like c8m5_rooftop.

Q: What happens if you jump to death taking 30 damage but were black and white, so it's a karma jump with only 30 points of damage?

A: All karma kills have a built in protection to avoid false positives. If you didn't take 100 or above fall or drown damage, it will not count for a karma kill, including karma jump.
    While it means that now karma jumps detect with less damage, no player should make a suicide jump that will incap him if he's black and white.

Last edited by eyal282; 07-09-2023 at 21:13.
    Silvers
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 02-05-2022 , 15:57   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #3

Ewwww old syntax. Why??? Newer is not difficult to learn and much easier to read.
    Old 02-05-2022 , 16:39   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
    Ewwww old syntax. Why??? Newer is not difficult to learn and much easier to read.

I'll fix it eventually, but right now I need to figure out how to make it more global.

eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-05-2022 , 16:40   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
    PHP Code:
    L 02/06/2022 02:46:27: [SMUnable to load plugin "l4d2_karmacharge_with_points.smx"Native "PS_GetPoints" was not found 
    Yeah, for now this is a Point System plugin. It should not be hard to get rid of the lines that grant points and call the native. I'll soon grab the motivation to actually work on it, but not today.

eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-07-2022 , 18:52   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #6

Karma smoke will be added soon as well. It's apparently a real thing that works in Dead Center, Mall and Atrium. Really really really really hard to pull off, but it's real.

Gold Fish
    Old 02-08-2022 , 07:20   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #7

Can I clarify the essence of the plugin? Does he slow down for infected during attack?

PHP Code:
    public OnClientConnect(int Client) {

KickClient(Client"sorry");

eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-08-2022 , 11:11   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gold Fish View Post
    Can I clarify the essence of the plugin? Does he slow down for infected during attack?
    The plugin begun when AtomicStryker decided to make a loud announcement when a charger moved a survivor outside the map.

When a survivor is moved outside the map ( skyscraper, or even a low ground like in Dark Carnival Finale outside the audience ) the survivor is met by an entity that empties his health. Sometimes the charger dies too by that entity. The entity is built in the map and decides in advance if it kills both infected and survivors or just survivors.

When a survivor dies in that fashion ( which happens a lot when the height of the charger from the ground is really high ) the announcement is given. That is called a "Karma Charge"

I discovered every trapping SI except for Hunter can do that, and made a plugin for that.

eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-12-2022 , 12:08   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    PHP Code:
    L 02/06/2022 02:46:27: [SMUnable to load plugin "l4d2_karmacharge_with_points.smx"Native "PS_GetPoints" was not found 
    That's it, it's an independent plugin now. Grab it with karma smoke.

Full disclosure, I find some false positives here and there, but mostly a nice system.

eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-12-2022 , 14:03   Re: [L4D2] myGaming's Ultimate Karma Kill Plugin
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    PHP Code:
    L 02/13/2022 01:27:32: [SMException reportedClient index 13 is invalid (arg 2)
    L 02/13/2022 01:27:32: [SMBlamingl4d2_karma_kill_system.smx
    L 02
    /13/2022 01:27:32: [SMCall stack trace:
    L 02/13/2022 01:27:32: [SM]   [0VFormat
    L 02
    /13/2022 01:27:32: [SM]   [1Line 388D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting 1.10\include\halflife.inc::PrintToChatAll
    L 02
    /13/2022 01:27:32: [SM]   [2Line 718l4d2_karma_kill_system.sp::AnnounceKarma
    L 02
    /13/2022 01:27:32: [SM]   [3Line 321l4d2_karma_kill_system.sp::event_playerDeathPre
    L 02
    /13/2022 02:18:12Error log file session closed
    Another suggestion:
    PHP Code:
    AutoExecConfig(true"l4d2_karma_kill_system"); 
    Soon will do.