Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Black_Wolf
Old 01-07-2024 , 20:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #191

Hello.
i love this plugin.
Is it possible to add a cvar that makes so the friendly fire gets reversed only after a damage cap?

For example, if i play on expert, i want the ff to get reversed only after dealing 50 damage to a teammate, because usually griefers just spam the trigger without caring.
Option for it to be cumulative over each map (and resets at the next level) or reset after x seconds would be wonderful to have too.
Maybe an option that checks the distance when specifically using a shotgun could be great to have too.

Last edited by Black_Wolf; 01-07-2024 at 21:05.
Mystik Spiral
Old 01-07-2024 , 23:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #192

I like this idea @Black_Wolf! Treat FF as NoFF as long as it stays below a certain damage rate, but if it exceeds that damage rate then treat FF as ReverseFF. With this option, a regular player will probably never notice this plugin (which is good when an idiot/griefer runs from behind you to directly in front of your gun), but a griefer will still be punished when trying to TK. However, between "real life" and coding I am doing on a yet to be released plugin, it may take a while before I get to this. Added to my to-do list.