12% 

Just about Scripting

Post New Thread Reply   

tumtum
Old 09-30-2014 , 15:03   Just about Scripting
Reply With Quote #1

I just want to reply here about this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248964

It is trashed, because this happens different times.
Sometimes, like in this case it is hard to see who is wrong.

Quote:
Franc1sco: You never give the source of metamod plugin, maybe you have put more backdoors on it and that is very unfair

btw, asherkin (alliedmods admin) said me that I have done nothing wrong
He is focussing on backdoors, but where are the backdoors? Why he didnt published it? What happens with his store? is it weird what he is doing? No. it isnt.

Quote:
The occured with morell explained here -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5&postcount=62

And I never scam to tumtum, I sell a plugin that works fine, the conflict in irc was just a misunderstanding, he already are satisfied with my job

You have added a malicious code to your store that is a blacklist, you cant deny it
The way you handle is not fair. You ask different prices for the same plugins. Without support. It is sometimes a 15~ lines code. But then you need to think about it, is it fair? Is it my plugin or just an edit? With this i can be sure it will be fine. You didnt include the source from the hands too, is there spyware in it? i dont know. I think not ofcourse, but i can do the same.

With franc1sco it is just fine now, but be aware for yourself what is fair. SourceMod is open and free, so be open with publishing sources. The time from CS:S is gone, everyone hold things private.

If i pay Zephyrus, i am sure it works fine and also get support. Not every developer will do this. Just a risk you take as user.

Publishing private plugins is wrong, absolutely if the plugin is leaked.. and the reason is extreme bad. Like some stuff from Zeph. I just made the decission to buy it from him after i saw it.

Franc1sco did absolutely a lot things. He can't give all the support, as i am sure Zeph deliver quality and everything is possible (features, requests). So i appreciate the work from both.

Also as developer think not only about $$$ > Franc1sco. Sometimes like the last one from me. (it was my choice so i like it) There was no payment for needed. It is public. I just see it as a payment for the explanation.

Be aware of requests, place everything clear as possible and do not expect always support.

My experience with Zeph is very good. Franc1sco too, but i need to watch out how i ask it and what he do with it.

EDIT: I need to say: Frans1sco is not a scammer as i can see in the post. Just clear about it. After explaining it in IRC, he talked with me about some situations. After this i got answers.
I explained it to zeph and he helped me after a plugin didnt work. Thanks to him for this.. And Asherkin talked to Franc1sco after mIRC to speak with me.

Maybe it is time for a review section for developers, just to know what happens. ( Sorry for language mistakes in this post )

Last edited by tumtum; 09-30-2014 at 15:34.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2014 , 15:38   Re: Just about Scripting
Reply With Quote #2

That thread was trashed for a reason (i.e. it turned into a Flamewar) so you may want to drop it.
Old 09-30-2014 , 15:40   Re: Just about Scripting
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
That thread was trashed for a reason (i.e. it turned into a Flamewar) so you may want to drop it.
Exactly, it is dropped. Why is it dropped? It is the truth. And people ignores it when it happens on the forums. Just to know..

Some Quotes:
Quote:
.:TumTum:.: i asked zeph to fix it
.:TumTum:.: i got the fix before you, already from zeph.
.:TumTum:.: 15€ for 10 rules was not fair, even if you sold it for 30€ is not fair too. (i forgot the name Legendaryblabla he sold it)
.:TumTum:.: just watch out with this
.:TumTum:.: then it *is just fine
Franc1sco: ok, that is your problem my friend xD
Just all about $$ on his side, prepare for that..

Last edited by tumtum; 09-30-2014 at 15:56.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 09-30-2014 , 15:59   Re: Just about Scripting
Reply With Quote #4

As already said on the irc, AM simply allows private(/paid) requests. They're called private for a reason, and they should stay that way. However I understand the difficulty in assessing someone's scripting capabilities if you're a help-seeking outsider, but regardless it's easy to know from a simple conversation if someone is capable of walking in a straight line or not.

@Powerlord:
It has already been brought up on the irc, with no intention of closing this (yet). If you want this to be closed, use the "report"-button.

Anything else aka spamming "meh close this" will just provoke what you seemingly didn't want to have in the first place, a flamewar.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 09-30-2014 at 16:00.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2014 , 16:10   Re: Just about Scripting
Reply With Quote #5

Don't more Flamewar please, I have more things to say but I'll keep quiet, do not want to continue with more disputes, I told it to alliedmods modders for stop the dispute in the other post and they have closed it wisely.

If someone want to talk about complaints or anything else, do it privately (via steam or pm), I am always open to the dialogue, I dont want continue flamewars publicly here because no is good for anybody

Spoiler

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 09-30-2014 at 16:11.
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco