Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Getting an error compiling a plugin for changing TF2 item stats

Post New Thread Reply   

Dubswitcher
Old 10-01-2020 , 15:35   Re: Getting an error compiling a plugin for changing TF2 item stats
Reply With Quote #11

Months later and I still don't have an answer. There are many servers where the clip size and total ammo count are far higher than normal, and I'd really like to know how to do that. I went through the syntax and wrote the above file, but the server console proceeds to tell me it doesn't recognize the manager reload command, and the rocket jumper remains unaltered.

I've grown frustrated and can't get anywhere. If I don't get a response I'm afraid I'm screwed there and will end up giving up.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-01-2020 , 15:53   Re: Getting an error compiling a plugin for changing TF2 item stats
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBV10U3_NINJA View Post
but the server console proceeds to tell me it doesn't recognize the manager reload command
That seems like your problem.

Do you have the "TF2Items Manager" plugin loaded - i.e. can you see it in `sm plugins list`?

If you've downloaded TF2Items from builds.limetech.io, it doesn't come with the TF2Items Manager plugin compiled - you need to build it from source yourself with spcomp.
Old 10-01-2020 , 16:20   Re: Getting an error compiling a plugin for changing TF2 item stats
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
That seems like your problem.

Do you have the "TF2Items Manager" plugin loaded - i.e. can you see it in `sm plugins list`?

If you've downloaded TF2Items from builds.limetech.io, it doesn't come with the TF2Items Manager plugin compiled - you need to build it from source yourself with spcomp.
I had been wondering why double clicking spcomp does nothing, until I dragged the sp file onto it and saw an smx spit out. I feel like a complete idiot, lol.

Thanks for your help - even though it was small, it was enough for me to realize where I wasn't looking hahaha