Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] gScramble (Redux)

Post New Thread Reply   

_david_
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-18-2013 , 12:39   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddii View Post
Would upgrading be as simple as simply overwriting the files? Or did any new files get introduced? And did any old files disappear?
just overwrite the files, no new files

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji View Post
One more (rare) bug:
Code:
L 12/08/2013 - 17:56:56: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 12/08/2013 - 17:56:57: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "gscramble.smx":
L 12/08/2013 - 17:56:57: [SM]   [0]  Line 1587,  gscramble.sp::timer_Restore()
Random value from the uninitialized variable iIndex in Event_PlayerDisconnect() sometimes get written to the client cookie "team index".
Fixed gscramble.sp and the patch for 3.0.18 are below. Not tested yet but this is a simple change.

Code:
15-12-2013 (v3.0.18)
* Fixed a bug with getting topplayers (Thanks reij & Dr. McKay)
I'm glad I helped but my name is reji
Thanks for the fix!

---
Code:
18-12-2013 (v3.0.19)
* Fixed a rare bug  (Thanks reji)
This zip contains the right compiled version btw, zipped the wrong one last time.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (gscramble.sp - 61 views - 80.7 KB)
File Type: zip Gscramble (redux).zip (118.5 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by _david_; 12-18-2013 at 12:53.
Grimman
Old 01-03-2014 , 13:26   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #72

The old gScramble also had a bug on our servers that somehow prevented players from manually switching to a team that has less players. So they couldn't themselves try to balance the teams, they had to wait for the autobalance to kick in. No scramble had happened and we used the TF2's own autobalance.

This caused major complaints on our servers and ultimately it was one of the reasons we had to disable the plugin. Does the redux fix this bug?
_david_
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-03-2014 , 14:03   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimman View Post
The old gScramble also had a bug on our servers that somehow prevented players from manually switching to a team that has less players. So they couldn't themselves try to balance the teams, they had to wait for the autobalance to kick in. No scramble had happened and we used the TF2's own autobalance.

This caused major complaints on our servers and ultimately it was one of the reasons we had to disable the plugin. Does the redux fix this bug?
i use the plugin on 3 servers and non of them have this issue and i also haven't seen any reports of this bug, so i don't think this version has this bug.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2014 , 20:53   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimman View Post

We've had this, too, at times. It's caused by the cvar which locks players onto their scrambled teams for a certain amount of time not having a proper exception for players trying to even the teams. You'll have to disable that, or tell people to try the swap after X seconds instead.

What did you switch to after disabling gscramble? I'd switch if there was something else out there.

I mean, I'd rather get this fixed, and have offered money for someone to fix it above, but nobody's offered yet.
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
Grimman
Old 01-07-2014 , 15:27   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
We've had this, too, at times. It's caused by the cvar which locks players onto their scrambled teams for a certain amount of time not having a proper exception for players trying to even the teams. You'll have to disable that, or tell people to try the swap after X seconds instead.

What did you switch to after disabling gscramble? I'd switch if there was something else out there.

I mean, I'd rather get this fixed, and have offered money for someone to fix it above, but nobody's offered yet.
After disabling gscramble, we started using the TF2's own stock scramble. Obviously not the best choice since it lacks features and customization, but team scrambling was decent and it's better than nothing.

I have now tried this redux for a few days in our servers and so far things seems to be running fine. I'll keep an eye out for any sorts of bugs or errors.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2014 , 15:54   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #76

Is their a source code repository for this plugin? I know George's old version did (although it was part of a larger repository that stored all his plugins).

Basically, I want to see what changed over time.

Edit: Incidentally, if you link me back to my own Github repo which I'm trying to populate now with the various versions of gscramble redux before I try any experimental changes, I will hurt you.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-07-2014 at 16:35.
_david_
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-07-2014 , 17:00   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #77

I only have the last version on a bitbucket repo, so I don't have any diff's between the versions if that is what you are looking for.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2014 , 17:07   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by _david_ View Post
I only have the last version on a bitbucket repo, so I don't have any diff's between the versions if that is what you are looking for.
Sadly, that was. I have some changes I did way back in 3.0.13 and I wanted to see if redoing any of those in redux would break anything.

I suppose I could compare 3.0.13 versus 3.0.19 directly.

Edit: The changes were dealing with the preround scramble... basically, forcing players to a team before doing said scramble. Also, making it so that the preround scramble didn't block a scramble vote/command later in the round.

I also want to look at the internals and see when it decides to scramble... and move it from round start to round end if necessary so I can pop the UI message that says rounds will scramble next round (after finding out which teamplay_alert alert_type is the scramble warning).

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-07-2014 at 17:11.
Grimman
Old 01-15-2014 , 13:43   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #79

Has anyone else had issues with the "gs_prevent_spec_imbalance" convar?

Recently a player in my server was autobalanced to the other team, but he immediately managed to switch to spectate and caused another autobalance. He then obviously joined back to his old team once someone else was autobalanced.

Edit: scratch that, I think someone from the team disconnected just as he switched to spectate.

Last edited by Grimman; 01-18-2014 at 04:00.
Nelak
Old 01-23-2014 , 11:45   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #80

Is anyone else having an issue with the plugin not loading "Hooking Events" on server restart, or either stopping on map change? Once this happens, the "auto balance" quits working and only the "force balance" is used. I have to manually reload the plugin to make it start auto balancing. Here's what I'm referring to in the logs:

L 01/23/2014 - 07:00:13: -------- Mapchange to ctf_doublecross --------
L 01/23/2014 - 07:00:14: [GEOIP] GeoIP database info: GEO-106FREE 20091001 Build 1 Copyright (c) 2009 MaxMind Inc All Rights Reserved
L 01/23/2014 - 07:00:14: [afk_manager.smx] [AFK Manager] Log File: addons\sourcemod\logs\afkm_20140123.log
L 01/23/2014 - 07:00:14: [afk_manager.smx] [AFK Manager] Detected Mod Team Fortress 2
L 01/23/2014 - 07:00:21: [gscramble.smx] HlxCe Unavailable
L 01/23/2014 - 07:00:21: [gscramble.smx] GameMe Unavailavble
L 01/23/2014 - 07:00:21: [gscramble.smx] Hooking events.
L 01/23/2014 - 09:56:21: [SM] Changed map to "ctf_sawmill"
L 01/23/2014 - 09:56:22: -------- Mapchange to ctf_sawmill --------
L 01/23/2014 - 09:56:26: [gscramble.smx] HlxCe Unavailable
L 01/23/2014 - 09:56:26: [gscramble.smx] GameMe Unavailavble

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.