Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] TF2 Scupt Teleport advanced manager

Post New Thread Reply   

rtk
Old 07-31-2012 , 00:37   [REQ] TF2 Scupt Teleport advanced manager
Reply With Quote #1

I know there is another plugin to disallow scouts from using teleports but it would make more sense to disallow them only when there are other players from other classes waiting to use the teleport. So maybe someone should create/adapt a plugin to check for players in specific teleport radius and show the lazy scout a message saying to move their ass. Is someone willing to do it ?
Old 07-31-2012 , 14:05   Re: [REQ] TF2 Scupt Teleport advanced manager
Reply With Quote #2

Good idea. If any players are around a Scout and an active Teleporter Entrance then disallow the Scout from using it and display a message.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2012 , 14:31   Re: [REQ] TF2 Scupt Teleport advanced manager
Reply With Quote #3

You need an extension to do it, and even then the signature files need to be updated since they are from back in 2010...

Also, apparently the newest version was never compiled and the older version doesn't have the teleporter's entity index (which you need to do a check for nearby players).

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-31-2012 at 14:33.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-20-2013 , 07:42   Re: [REQ] TF2 Scupt Teleport advanced manager
Reply With Quote #4

Since this the extension mentioned above has now been integrated into SM1.5, is this plugin or something similar any more likely to happen / is there anyone interested in making it?

For what it's worth, the following idea was posted in the thread, which I think is a bit better than what was described in the op:
Quote:
Originally Posted by casvdry View Post
What we need is a teleporter that is smart enough to prioritize. If two targets step onto it at once, teleport the slower class.
edit: While searching, I also found this thread, which mentions something similar to the above quote, so I'll crosspost to that thread mentioning this one.

Last edited by Atreus; 06-20-2013 at 07:47.
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus