Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )

Post New Thread Reply   

ceasedU
Old 09-26-2020 , 00:12   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #121

can you please add a check if its last stand to force survivor set to l4d1? if anyone changes to l4d2 characters they will always die on escape boat. it cant be beaten as l4d2 survivors.
Shao
Old 09-26-2020 , 04:07   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDiggidyD0G View Post
Bump for Last Stand update.

Also, one issue, I just realized that when I use this plugin, the revive animations via defib breaks and the character immediately stands without the animation playing.

With the new update, is there any possibility of playing as the L4D1 Set on L4D1 maps while having L4D2 survivors as bots with working identities and icons instead of having duplicates?

Example: https://imgur.com/a/Yq3CYXp
With how the L4D1 maps are ported, it's not possible.

This plugin has the ability to set bots as relevant survivors for the map, but that's as far as it goes. If you join as Zoey, you'll still be Rochelle and will have to switch to Zoey.

The plugin also allows for survivor_set "2" which allows for L4D2 voices on L4D1 maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasedU View Post
can you please add a check if its last stand to force survivor set to l4d1? if anyone changes to l4d2 characters they will always die on escape boat. it cant be beaten as l4d2 survivors.
That has to do with detection at the end, some maps are made in such a way that only fixing the map itself can solve the issue. I haven't seen such plugin like this yet however maybe it's possible to tweak with Stripper:Source.

Last edited by Shao; 09-26-2020 at 04:09.
Shadowysn
Old 09-26-2020 , 06:23   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasedU View Post
I have a workaround plugin that gives godmode to survivors in order to prevent them dying in the cutscene.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...44&postcount=6

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
yzybb
Old 09-27-2020 , 02:05   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #124

bug:

When Modify only 【 l4d2_survivor_set "0" 】

Open the game and go directly to the map of the first-generation survivors. You will find that they are the heads and arms of the first-generation characters, but the appearance of the second-generation characters.

Last edited by yzybb; 09-27-2020 at 02:08.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2020 , 17:37   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDiggidyD0G View Post
Bump for Last Stand update.

Also, one issue, I just realized that when I use this plugin, the revive animations via defib breaks and the character immediately stands without the animation playing.
Thats always been a thing getting defibbed is classed as being spawned changing the model while playing a sequence will stop the main sequence of the orignal model.
Quote:
A plugin that sets bots to least used survivor character in selected set when spawned(by default).
Unless valve network the changes in mission files/current set ect it could solve issues with icons and arms, however you can workaround it by dispatching your own names and avatar images for the bots, the interface exists but looks like alot of work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
With how the L4D1 maps are ported, it's not possible.

This plugin has the ability to set bots as relevant survivors for the map, but that's as far as it goes. If you join as Zoey, you'll still be Rochelle and will have to switch to Zoey.

The plugin also allows for survivor_set "2" which allows for L4D2 voices on L4D1 maps.
I thought ABM/superversus deal with this, since i use superversus and don't have players dying on the maps at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
That has to do with detection at the end, some maps are made in such a way that only fixing the map itself can solve the issue. I haven't seen such plugin like this yet however maybe it's possible to tweak with Stripper:Source.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 09-27-2020 at 17:41.
strikeraot
Old 10-02-2020 , 11:46   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #126

when the game have someone picked Rochelle, every chapter one random bot will be replaced by rochelle clone for no reason, so the game have 2 Rochelle o_o, one bot and one player who picked her.
I had no plugins in your conflict list, just use this plugin, i'll give it a try with ABM without cvars that you list

Edit1: Tried to use ABM but also got the same problem
Edit2: Tried to use Multislots and still got the same problem

Last edited by strikeraot; 10-03-2020 at 10:05.
swiftswing1
Old 12-04-2020 , 08:15   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
PHP Code:
// Should manage people aswell as bots? 0 = (disable) 1 = (enabled) (Will overwrite identityfix when taking over a bot)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
l4d2_manage_people "0" 
This helped with me some people load too fast and would get an odd clone.
could someone please clarify what this cvar does and what it's used for? unfortunately i don't quite understand it - thanks
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2020 , 08:54   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #128

This cvar is to apply for human players (0 = only bots, 1 = bots and humans), probably exists because of others plugins that mess with the identity too, like csm, lmc and others.
Old 12-06-2020 , 08:02   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #129

thanks marttt. sorry to bother just a few more question for clarification. this is in relation to lux's reply to this post
the identity fix is not meant to save each players' character after each map transition? only during current map?
people are expected to change their character model using LMC or SCS or whatever after every map change if they want to exclusively use one character for the whole game? otherwise i might be having an issue.
i'm a bit of a newb so apologies if i don't understand something simple lol

Last edited by swiftswing1; 12-06-2020 at 08:05.
Tonblader
Old 12-06-2020 , 11:52   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftswing1 View Post
thanks marttt. sorry to bother just a few more question for clarification. this is in relation to lux's reply to this post
the identity fix is not meant to save each players' character after each map transition? only during current map?
people are expected to change their character model using LMC or SCS or whatever after every map change if they want to exclusively use one character for the whole game? otherwise i might be having an issue.
i'm a bit of a newb so apologies if i don't understand something simple lol
As far as I am concerned, [L4D2]Character_manager does not work properly the selection of the survivor's model, especially if you are one of the people like me who uses idle mode all the time.
To this case I use this version of the [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 ) and Survivor Chat Select 1.6.1 (Forked) with the following cvars:

l4d2_character_manager.cfg - [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
PHP Code:
l4d2_identity_fix "1"
l4d2_manage_people "0"
l4d2_survivor_set "3" 
l4dscs.cfg - Survivor Chat Select 1.6.1 (Forked) Config file
PHP Code:
l4d_csm_admins_only "0"
l4d_scs_botschange "1"
l4d_scs_cookies "1"
l4d_scs_zoey "1" 
Note:
To l4d_scs_zoey "1" , If you are windows, you need [L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock
Additionally if you want users not to abuse the sm_csm command (this apply to chat command too), you can add cooldown with this plugin [Any] Command Cooldowns

Last edited by Tonblader; 12-07-2020 at 10:23.