Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead

Post New Thread Reply   

MarshalZCC
Old 04-03-2010 , 03:11   [L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead
Reply With Quote #1

When a tank is killed in L4D2, it goes into a death animation and its health shoots back up into the thousands. After a few seconds it finally "really" dies. However, I'd like to know when it actually begins to go into its death animation. As far as I can tell, player_death and tank_killed events only get triggered when it "really" dies. Anyone know of a way? Thanks.
Oshroth
Old 04-03-2010 , 03:43   Re: [L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead
Reply With Quote #2

player_incapacitated gets called around when the tank goes into its death animation. I'm not sure what you need to check for though, you might be able to find the tank by doing a team check (infected is 3).
Old 04-03-2010 , 03:45   Re: [L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead
Reply With Quote #3

check the team and zombieclass netprop ;)

Isn't there a tank_incapacitated event, or am I crazy?
MarshalZCC
Old 04-03-2010 , 11:00   Re: [L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead
Reply With Quote #4

Awesome. The incapacitated flag worked for what I needed. I didn't realize it applied to the tank in addition to the survivors. I would never have guessed that 3-5 second period would have been considered incapacitated.
Oshroth
Old 04-03-2010 , 12:53   Re: [L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead
Reply With Quote #5

According to the person who told me about it, L4D1/2 calls the incap event so that the death animation can play otherwise the tank would just ragdoll or require much more complicated coding to use the death animation.

Also whatever you do, don't give the tank health while he is in his death animation or it will loop continuously with his voice getting angrier and angrier.
Old 04-03-2010 , 17:14   Re: [L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshroth View Post
According to the person who told me about it, L4D1/2 calls the incap event so that the death animation can play otherwise the tank would just ragdoll or require much more complicated coding to use the death animation.

Also whatever you do, don't give the tank health while he is in his death animation or it will loop continuously with his voice getting angrier and angrier.
offtopic but glad to know this info because i used the weapon unlock plugin and made awp's do 99999 damge and wondered why tanks never did the death animation
Old 04-04-2010 , 20:20   Re: [L4D2] Capture tank dying before its dead
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M249-M4A1 View Post
offtopic but glad to know this info because i used the weapon unlock plugin and made awp's do 99999 damge and wondered why tanks never did the death animation
When Tank starts death animation, His health is temporarily set to default MAX and dies few seconds after.
So... I think If you deals damage more than his MAX health at a time, He dies without death animation.

Sorry for poor sentence.