Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2014 , 13:38   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Dare Devil. View Post
Anyways, what about copyright things then guys?
Can i do it or not?

I tried to search on internet but didin't found any reliable source.
Maybe you should try harder. If you do everything yourself you can copyright it but it costs money.
Old 10-16-2014 , 13:45   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #22

minecraft doesn't have any copyright
for fucks sake, it started out as a copy of infiniminer

gimme a pm if you need a website(under the hood, I'm shit at UX)
taking the masterserver idea would also be nice, for the servers of course
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2014 , 14:28   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #23

Just a quick tip: Before you even start touching any game engine you write a GDD (Game Design Document). Planning is almost as important as the real development.

Making a basic minecraft clone in Unity3D can be done within 7 days, you also want to look at minepackage (at sourceforge).
Old 10-17-2014 , 07:37   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia View Post
Just a quick tip: Before you even start touching any game engine you write a GDD (Game Design Document). Planning is almost as important as the real development.

Making a basic minecraft clone in Unity3D can be done within 7 days, you also want to look at minepackage (at sourceforge).
The thing is that i don't want to clone minecaft.
Only the idea of blocky world and that i wrote. Graphics, combat systems and even the physics will be different. Much more complex than minecaft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron9forever View Post
minecraft doesn't have any copyright
for fucks sake, it started out as a copy of infiniminer

gimme a pm if you need a website(under the hood, I'm shit at UX)
taking the masterserver idea would also be nice, for the servers of course
Is there any prove or something, i have to be 100% sure.

Quote:
Unity3D is the engine you want, maybe Unreal Engine 4 if you like to try out visual scripting.
Feel free to ask specific questions if want to know something.
As i wrote before, there just no way im going to use existing game engines because they are just not what i seek at all.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2014 , 08:59   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
As i wrote before, there just no way im going to use existing game engines because they are just not what i seek at all.
And what exactly do you seek? tbh, I believe you have no idea what Unity3D and UE4 are able to create with.
Old 10-17-2014 , 09:06   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
And what exactly do you seek? tbh, I believe you have no idea what Unity3D and UE4 are able to create with.
When the graphical stuff is done , i'll upload a demo to show you what they can't do.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2014 , 13:29   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #27

Nothing stops you to even create almost the same game as Minecraft, or any other game, I am sure. There should be no problems at all, unless you steal the name of a registered trademark for your product. Just having a similar game idea as some other game is not going to get you into any trouble.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2014 , 06:17   Re: Minecraft & Mythruna copyright, can i create game like minecraft?
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
When the graphical stuff is done , i'll upload a demo to show you what they can't do.
gl&hf, I'm pretty sure you won't find anything. There are dozens of developers behind each engine with years of development and I highly doubt that you will find / make anything that they are / were able to do. Especially Unity3D has a rich asset store with many extensions.