Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?

Post New Thread Reply   

Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2006 , 17:03   Having trouble with those 'headshot/multikill' etc. sounds?
Reply With Quote #1

Okay so after seeing this question asked about 80 times I figured I'd write a small guide.
So you want to get those sounds like Headshot! and MultiKill!
Well look no further, this should cover the basics of what you want to do.
First of all, I'll assume you are running the latest AMXX and Metamod; if you aren't, go install them. Need help with that?

Getting started
Alright, let us begin. First of all, you have two choices here; you can use the miscstats.amxx plugin that comes with amxx, or you can use the ultimate sounds plugin.
What's the difference? The only big difference between them would be the sounds, ultimate sounds includes more sounds than the default amxx plugin.
You should not run miscstats and ultimate sounds together!

Getting started if you chose the default amxx miscstats plugin.
First of all, make sure your server has the files needed.
Since you chose to use the basic AMXX plugin, you can download the sounds needed for this plugin here.
Place the files in the appropriate folders of your server as seen in the .zip files.
Next is to enable the plugin, go to your plugins.ini file in amxmodx/configs,
Change:
Quote:
;miscstats.amxx ; bunch of events announcement for Counter-Strike
To:
Quote:
miscstats.amxx ; bunch of events announcement for Counter-Strike
Getting started if you chose the ultimate sounds plugin.
If you choose to use ultimate sounds, the download is on the first post.
Once again, you will need to download and place the sound files where necessary. The sound download for ultimate sounds is also on the ultimate sounds page.
Once you have the sounds in the correct folders, add the amxx file to the plugins folder and add ultimate_sound.amxx to plugins.ini
Need more help installing the ultimate sounds plugin?
Make sure if you decide to use ultimate sounds that miscstats.amxx is disabled!

Configuring
Configuring the default amxx miscstats plugin.
So now that you have the plugin and sounds installed, you will have to turn them on.
Join your server and type amx_statscfgmenu in your console, a menu will appear with different options.
You can set whatever you want to 'On' or 'Off' go through this menu and turn any sounds you want (Headshot, Multikill, Killing Spree, etc) to 'On'
Once you have set what you want in amx_statscfgmenu to 'On' press 8 to save your settings and then exit out of the menu.
If you are having trouble concerning access to that command, make sure you have correctly set up yourself as an admin.

Next you'll want to make sure that people connecting to your server download the sounds if they don't have them, there are different ways you can approach this.
A rather simple way of doing this is using a plugin to precache your sounds. This one is probably the easiest to use as the name implies: very simple precache mod
(If you do not wish to use an extra plugin to force players to download the sounds, skip the following precache.ini part.)
If you do decide to use that one, your precache.ini would look something like this:
Quote:
sound/misc/doublekill.wav
sound/misc/firstblood.wav
sound/misc/godlike.wav
sound/misc/headshot.wav
sound/misc/humiliation.wav
sound/misc/killingspree.wav
sound/misc/maytheforce.wav
sound/misc/monsterkill.wav
sound/misc/multikill.wav
sound/misc/oneandonly.wav
sound/misc/prepare.wav
sound/misc/rampage.wav
sound/misc/ultrakill.wav
sound/misc/unstoppable.wav
I have attatched an example precache.ini, it is easiest just to download mine and add it to your configs folder.

If you prefer not to use that plugin, Search for something else!
If you prefer not to use plugins at all, you will have to make res files for maps you want the sounds downloaded on. Below I have included a zip containing res files for the default counter-strike maps. If you want the sounds to download on a different map, make a copy of one of the res files and rename it.
Example: If you want the sounds to download on scoutzknivez as well, make a copy of de_dust2.res, and rename that copy scoutzknivez.res
That's it!

Configuring the ultimate sounds plugin
If you chose to use ultimate sounds, cvars are posted for it already.
If you are having trouble with a cvar in the ultimate sounds plugin, you should contact the author of it.
Unlike the amxx miscstats plugin, you will not have to worry about players downloading the sounds if they do not have them, ultimate sounds takes care of that for you!

That's it! Your server should now have the sounds working!

Other Stuff
If you followed these instructions and the sounds still aren't working

Did you install the sounds to the correct folder?
If this is a server hosted on your own pc and is a dedicated server make sure the sounds go in:
SteamApps\YourSteamAccountNameHere\dedicated server\cstrike\sound

If this is a server hosted on your own pc and is not a dedicated server make sure the sounds go in:
SteamApps\YourSteamAccountNameHere\counter-strike\cstrike\sound

If this server is hosted by a company, make sure you properly uploaded your files to the right folders via FTP.
Your server host should have supplied you with all FTP information needed.
If you have trouble with it, contact your server host.

Did you install the plugins properly?
Please make sure you have the amxx file in amxmodx/plugins and that it is enabled in amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini
Explanation Here.

Did you save your configuration?
Double-check you saved in amx_statscfgmenu if using miscstats.amxx
Place any cvar changes to ultimate sounds in server.cfg or amxx.cfg

If I think of anything else to add I'll make sure to do so.
Suggestions are always welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: ini precache.ini (369 Bytes, 10780 views)
File Type: zip miscstats_sounds.zip (497.2 KB, 28288 views)
File Type: zip CS Res Files.zip (6.2 KB, 6905 views)

Last edited by Bo0m!; 09-03-2006 at 02:50.
Send a message via AIM to Bo0m! Send a message via MSN to Bo0m! Send a message via Yahoo to Bo0m!
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 04-09-2006 , 17:13  
Reply With Quote #2

I stickied this thread. However, that guarantees that no one will read it. Regardless, good write-up. It's just a shame that you had to.

My only suggestion would be to separate the instructions for the base plugin and the 3rd party one. That would make it that much easier for people that are on shaky ground to begin with. Perhaps devote a paragraph to the differences between them and then link to the instructions for each.
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2006 , 17:15  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I stickied this thread. However, that guarantees that no one will read it. Regardless, good write-up. It's just a shame that you had to.
Ah well.. at least now if somebody posts reguarding the sounds you can just point them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
My only suggestion would be to separate the instructions for the base plugin and the 3rd party one. That would make it that much easier for people that are on shaky ground to begin with. Perhaps devote a paragraph to the differences between them and then link to the instructions for each.
Alrighty... guess I'll start on that.
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2006 , 06:35  
Reply With Quote #4

hmm, good someone wrote this, whas getting tired of seeing the question "how to enable the headshot/killingspree/doublekill sound ect. ect."

good job, man!
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2006 , 13:28  
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2006 , 16:11  
Reply With Quote #6

Updated it to better separate the base and third party plugin instructions.
Old 04-26-2006 , 17:04  
Reply With Quote #7

i run a dod server with amxmox 1.71 and it comes with the stassounds. i wanted those sound that the female says not the original ones. do i have to disable stats sounds? or the whole stats plugin?? and will this plugin for cs for the same way for dod? also i know many ppl said to once i dowloaded the sounds, just to replace those with the female voice ones, but theres a problem becuz the names are diff in a way that female starts with a capital letter and normal starts with s samll letter. so i casnt over write. help please
Send a message via AIM to cccpsmiley
feartheterp429
Old 05-07-2006 , 17:56  
Reply With Quote #8

nice very helpful
Old 06-06-2006 , 11:46  
Reply With Quote #9

Thank you! I was having a lot of trouble getting the sounds to work.
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 06-06-2006 , 11:47  
Reply With Quote #10

Heh...

Go bo0m!
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana