Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

if i want to buy a mod of a server ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Expendable77
Old 07-09-2018 , 09:08   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #11

i didn't come here to fight with any kids like you my friend i just want to learn that's all and please read what i wrote carefully i just need help and i didn't ask your help i asked for the others so you can sh....
GlobalPlague
Old 07-09-2018 , 10:57   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable77 View Post
Thanks for the answer GolbalPlague yeah you got a point i am not gonna make my server successful from first time.

about dowlanding any zombie plague mod nah i don't want that i wanna learn in a zombie plague that i wanna buy from that guy from hes server but i am afraid of being scammed you know this life man they are only scammers in it

anyways In subject.

as far as i know now from you guys if i want to buy a mod the guy must give me the sma + amxx right ?
and the server must contain amxx files to work not sma files right ?

about compiling sma file to amxx file thats too much for a beginner noob like me

but i still need this answer guys how .sma files look and how amxx files look and if it possible please screen shoots so i can realize bettwen them and how to compare between amxx and sma files!

and what that mean sma files are files that contain the code (the functions of the plugin).

and waht that mean scripting?

I hope you guys give me some strong answers i really aprreciate your help and i am so existed to become like you and thank you in advance ^^
It depends. Who is the guy? If he is some random Internet guy, then there is a big chance to scam you. You should buy things from guys that already proven themselves.

Its not necessary for someone to give you sma files. The server needs only amxx files to work, and if the plugins are private, the guy will not give you sma files. If he give you sma files, this put his hard work on risk because you can share these files for free with everyone. You know what i mean, right? But also, he can sell the sma files to you.

Compiling is very easy. In the folder "scripting" you will find application, named "compile.exe". Copy sma file and paste it on the "compile.exe"and you are done.

How sma and amxx looks like? Here is an example of plugin -https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=238638

In the first post you will see" Attachments". Click on "Get plugin" to get the amxx file, click on "Get source" to ge the sma file. Open them and you will see the difference. The amxx file (compiles sma) contains symbols... the sma file contains code with english words.

Scripting is proccess of coding.
GlobalPlague
Old 07-09-2018 , 10:58   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Thanks for the answer GolbalPlague yeah you got a point i am not gonna make my server successful from first time.

about dowlanding any zombie plague mod nah i don't want that i wanna learn in a zombie plague that i wanna buy from that guy from hes server but i am afraid of being scammed you know this life man they are only scammers in it

anyways In subject.

as far as i know now from you guys if i want to buy a mod the guy must give me the sma + amxx right ?
and the server must contain amxx files to work not sma files right ?

about compiling sma file to amxx file thats too much for a beginner noob like me

but i still need this answer guys how .sma files look and how amxx files look and if it possible please screen shoots so i can realize bettwen them and how to compare between amxx and sma files!

and what that mean sma files are files that contain the code (the functions of the plugin).

and waht that mean scripting?

I hope you guys give me some strong answers i really aprreciate your help and i am so existed to become like you and thank you in advance ^^
It depends. Who is the guy? If he is some random Internet guy, then there is a big chance to scam you. You should buy things from guys that already proven themselves.

Its not necessary for someone to give you sma files. The server needs only amxx files to work, and if the plugins are private, the guy will not give you sma files. If he give you sma files, this put his hard work on risk because you can share these files for free with everyone. You know what i mean, right? But also, he can sell the sma files to you.

Compiling is very easy. In the folder "scripting" you will find application, named "compile.exe". Copy sma file and paste it on the "compile.exe"and you are done.

How sma and amxx looks like? Here is an example of plugin -------------------------5------- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=238638

In the first post you will see" Attachments". Click on "Get plugin" to get the amxx file, click on "Get source" to ge the sma file. Open them and you will see the difference. The amxx file (compiles sma) contains symbols... the sma file contains code with english words.

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 13:04   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
i didn't come here to fight with any kids like you my friend i just want to learn that's all and please read what i wrote carefully i just need help and i didn't ask your help i asked for the others so you can sh....
You won't learn anything if you don't search and try to do it yourself. Trying to run a CS server without knowing what a plugin looks like is simply a joke.

PS: I'm pretty sure I'm much older than you.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-09-2018 , 15:52   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPlague View Post

How sma and amxx looks like? Here is an example of plugin -https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=238638

You are required to always distribute the sma file, because of the license. Distributing only amxx files is illegal. If you don't like that then stop creating amxx plugins.
Old 07-09-2018 , 16:06   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
You are required to always distribute the sma file, because of the license. Distributing only amxx files is illegal. If you don't like that then stop creating amxx plugins.
I can edit plugins, so they to be what i want to be but i cant make plugins by myself because i have low scripting knowledge.

Im talking about private plugins. If you want someone's private plugin, he will give you only amxx file. He will not give you sma file, because this will put his hard work at risk. When you have the sma file of the private plugin, you can do everything with the plugin, including sharing. Do you understand me what i mean? The guys who make private plugins, they dont want their hard work to be shared to everyone.

Last edited by GlobalPlague; 07-09-2018 at 16:07.
HamletEagle
Old 07-09-2018 , 16:10   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
I can edit plugins, so they to be what i want to be but i cant make plugins by myself because i have low scripting knowledge.

Im talking about private plugins. If you want someone's private plugin, he will give you only amxx file. He will not give you sma file, because this will put his hard work at risk. When you have the sma file of the private plugin, you can do everything with the plugin, including sharing. Do you understand me what i mean? The guys who make private plugins, they dont want their hard work to be shared to everyone.
Then they should stop making plugins. Learn what open source is and what license you agreed to when creating plugins. What this guys are doing is illegal. As simple as that.
If you want to protect the "hard work" then don't give the plugin to anyone. If you give it you must also give the sma.
Old 07-09-2018 , 16:21   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Then they should stop making plugins. Learn what open source is and what license you agreed to when creating plugins. What this guys are doing is illegal. As simple as that.
If you want to protect the "hard work" then don't give the plugin to anyone. If you give it you must also give the sma.
I understood you, buddy. But why you are talking to me? I told you im not making plugins.

After its illegal, can they go to court if they do this illegal thing?
HamletEagle
Old 07-09-2018 , 16:26   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
I understood you, buddy. But why you are talking to me? I told you im not making plugins.

I'm not talking to you directly lol. Sorry if it was not clear.
I'm not a lawyer so I don't know. Read about gnu gpl license.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 07-10-2018 at 05:01.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-09-2018 , 19:30   Re: if i want to buy a mod of a server ?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Yes.