Raised This Month: $134 Target: $400
 33% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
jonitaikaponi
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Finland
Old 07-07-2015 , 15:04   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0squid View Post
sqlite (hosted through eoreality/ dunno if this matters)

"cksurf"
{
"driver" "sqlite"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "cksurf-sqlite"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""

i added this to databases.cfg, and i was able to add the zones with the "sm_insertmapzones" and "sm_insertmaptiers" commands, all the maps that were pre designed work fine.
Error logs?
jonitaikaponi is offline
Sup
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Old 07-07-2015 , 15:20   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #102

I don't mean to be a downer on this, but you releasing such a high quality plugin publicly, which before would require people to hire developers to make and set different servers apart, creates saturation in the community. Before it was all about exclusivity, and it was perfect that way. Now everyone and their mother can just pop your plugin, stripper files, and database config in in under 30 minutes and have a surf server.

Don't get me wrong, you did a very good job at creating this, but you've almost ruined it for the others that have paid for these private server plugins to stand out from the rest. Now, soon, whenever you go to the browser community servers, all you'll see is surf servers running ckSurf. There is no distinction between servers. There is no real competition left, because there is so much of it, if you get what I'm saying, or will be at least.

I think releasing such a customized plugin, which takes basically no effort to put in a server will be the downfall of surf servers. So many people will attempt to create these servers, but just end up with the same as everyone else, and it could be worse. Their admins, their people, could be the scum of the earth just trying to make a quick buck, and you gave them that opportunity.

When all you see is ckSurf is the browser server communities tab, and there is nothing unique, nothing original, nothing actually worth going on.... I'm just saying, I told you so.
__________________

Last edited by Sup; 07-07-2015 at 15:21.
Sup is offline
jonitaikaponi
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Finland
Old 07-07-2015 , 15:45   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
I don't mean to be a downer on this, but you releasing such a high quality plugin publicly, which before would require people to hire developers to make and set different servers apart, creates saturation in the community. Before it was all about exclusivity, and it was perfect that way. Now everyone and their mother can just pop your plugin, stripper files, and database config in in under 30 minutes and have a surf server.

Don't get me wrong, you did a very good job at creating this, but you've almost ruined it for the others that have paid for these private server plugins to stand out from the rest. Now, soon, whenever you go to the browser community servers, all you'll see is surf servers running ckSurf. There is no distinction between servers. There is no real competition left, because there is so much of it, if you get what I'm saying, or will be at least.

I think releasing such a customized plugin, which takes basically no effort to put in a server will be the downfall of surf servers. So many people will attempt to create these servers, but just end up with the same as everyone else, and it could be worse. Their admins, their people, could be the scum of the earth just trying to make a quick buck, and you gave them that opportunity.

When all you see is ckSurf is the browser server communities tab, and there is nothing unique, nothing original, nothing actually worth going on.... I'm just saying, I told you so.

Hey,

I am a software engineering student, who just made this for fun on my free time, because I didn't like the existing public plugins out there. I'm not really interested in running CSGO servers, as I have no interest in making a big community or anything like that. My servers were always like a playground to test this plugin, but eventually I realized that it was just a waste of the plugin.

I had been running the plugin for about 6 months prior to release, had a few beta testers, but didn't get any offers to buy it or anything, so I decided to release it for free. I was running out of motivation to keep developing it, and zipcore's timer had pretty much died, so I thought why not.

It's too bad that the competetive surf scene's opinion seems to be negative, but hey, you have your own, more advanced private servers, so I really don't see how this would kill off the real competition there. I actually think that this will just introduce more people to the scene, and therefore will bring more competition etc, but I guess we'll see.
jonitaikaponi is offline
Sup
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Old 07-07-2015 , 16:02   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #104

Btw, why is it that your sourcecode aka .sp file not compile? Maybe you uploaded the wrong .sp file?
__________________
Sup is offline
jonitaikaponi
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Finland
Old 07-07-2015 , 16:13   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
Btw, why is it that your sourcecode aka .sp file not compile? Maybe you uploaded the wrong .sp file?
Compiles on SM 1.63

EDIT:

I recommend updating asap!

Update 1.14:
- Fixed an exploit with practice mode - thanks to mazdarx8
- Added CVar ck_force_players_ct - forces players to join the CT team. (default 0)
- General fixes and improvements

Last edited by jonitaikaponi; 07-07-2015 at 19:10.
jonitaikaponi is offline
ne0squid
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Old 07-07-2015 , 20:49   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonitaikaponi View Post
Error logs?
L 07/07/2015 - 11:46:16: [SM] Changed map to "surf_ace"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:46:16: -------- Mapchange to surf_ace --------
L 07/07/2015 - 11:46:17: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" changed cvar (cvar "sv_enablebunnyhopping") (value "1")
L 07/07/2015 - 11:49:58: [funcommands.smx] "Andrw_<2><STEAM ID><>" toggled noclip on "Andrw_<2><STEAM ID><>"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:544: [basecommands.smx] "Andrw_<2><STEAM ID><>" changed map to "surf_Ace"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:547: [SM] Changed map to "surf_Ace"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:547: -------- Mapchange to surf_Ace --------
L 07/07/2015 - 11:548: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" changed cvar (cvar "sv_enablebunnyhopping") (value "1")
L 07/07/2015 - 12:00:59: SourceMod log file session started (file "L20150707.log") (Version "1.7.2-dev+5203")

hey sorry for wait, had to run out. there doesn't seem to be anything in here that shows zones being added or removed. (might be in the wrong location?{/SERVER IP/addons/sourcemod/logs}found them here, let me know if thats the wrong location.)

thanks for the help

Last edited by ne0squid; 07-07-2015 at 20:49.
ne0squid is offline
splewis
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United States
Old 07-07-2015 , 21:47   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
I don't mean to be a downer on this, but you releasing such a high quality plugin publicly, which before would require people to hire developers to make and set different servers apart, creates saturation in the community. Before it was all about exclusivity, and it was perfect that way. Now everyone and their mother can just pop your plugin, stripper files, and database config in in under 30 minutes and have a surf server.

Don't get me wrong, you did a very good job at creating this, but you've almost ruined it for the others that have paid for these private server plugins to stand out from the rest. Now, soon, whenever you go to the browser community servers, all you'll see is surf servers running ckSurf. There is no distinction between servers. There is no real competition left, because there is so much of it, if you get what I'm saying, or will be at least.

I think releasing such a customized plugin, which takes basically no effort to put in a server will be the downfall of surf servers. So many people will attempt to create these servers, but just end up with the same as everyone else, and it could be worse. Their admins, their people, could be the scum of the earth just trying to make a quick buck, and you gave them that opportunity.

When all you see is ckSurf is the browser server communities tab, and there is nothing unique, nothing original, nothing actually worth going on.... I'm just saying, I told you so.
Please tell me you're joking.
__________________
splewis is offline
Jaykrog
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2015
Old 07-07-2015 , 22:03   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
I don't mean to be a downer on this, but you releasing such a high quality plugin publicly, which before would require people to hire developers to make and set different servers apart, creates saturation in the community. Before it was all about exclusivity, and it was perfect that way. Now everyone and their mother can just pop your plugin, stripper files, and database config in in under 30 minutes and have a surf server.

Don't get me wrong, you did a very good job at creating this, but you've almost ruined it for the others that have paid for these private server plugins to stand out from the rest. Now, soon, whenever you go to the browser community servers, all you'll see is surf servers running ckSurf. There is no distinction between servers. There is no real competition left, because there is so much of it, if you get what I'm saying, or will be at least.

I think releasing such a customized plugin, which takes basically no effort to put in a server will be the downfall of surf servers. So many people will attempt to create these servers, but just end up with the same as everyone else, and it could be worse. Their admins, their people, could be the scum of the earth just trying to make a quick buck, and you gave them that opportunity.

When all you see is ckSurf is the browser server communities tab, and there is nothing unique, nothing original, nothing actually worth going on.... I'm just saying, I told you so.
Use joni's contributions to this plugin to your community's advantage so that you can put more focus on the member experience rather than maintaining a server monopoly because one server is the only server that has a surf timer. The rate in which plugins like these improve will be too slow if everyone works silos, which is one of many reasons why plugins like these are becoming open source.

Last edited by Jaykrog; 07-07-2015 at 22:06.
Jaykrog is offline
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jun 2012
Old 07-08-2015 , 02:16   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.14, 8.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #109

server crash, using latest version of plugin

Code:
PutClientInServer: no info_player_start on level
Dropped Volf from server: Disconnect
Dropped DesktOp from server: Disconnect
Client "coliniscolin" connected (67.169.176.105:27005).
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM] Native "PushArrayArray" reported: Failed to grow array
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "ckSurf.smx":
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM]   [0]  Line 587, ckSurf/replay.sp::RecordReplay()
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM]   [1]  Line 616, ckSurf/hooks.sp::OnPlayerRunCmd()
Wrote minidump to: /servers/skillsurfsg/csgo/addons/sourcemod/data/dumps/7e9a5fd9-808e-d9db-62f81de7-3624f79f.dmp
./exec_skillsurfsg.run: line 318: 13977 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
debug.cmds:5: Error in sourced command file:
No function contains program counter for selected frame.
email debug.log to [email protected]
Tue Jul  7 23:24:30 CDT 2015: Server Quit
__________________
PresidentEvil is offline
jonitaikaponi
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Finland
Old 07-08-2015 , 04:30   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.13, 3.7.2015)
Reply With Quote #110

Update 1.15
Recommend updating the .smx file asap again.

- Fixed issues with spectator menu
- Fixed an exploit with restore position (Thanks to apatcheeee)
- Fixed issue with sm_gag not gagging properly
- General fixes and improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0squid View Post
L 07/07/2015 - 11:46:16: [SM] Changed map to "surf_ace"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:46:16: -------- Mapchange to surf_ace --------
L 07/07/2015 - 11:46:17: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" changed cvar (cvar "sv_enablebunnyhopping") (value "1")
L 07/07/2015 - 11:49:58: [funcommands.smx] "Andrw_<2><STEAM ID><>" toggled noclip on "Andrw_<2><STEAM ID><>"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:544: [basecommands.smx] "Andrw_<2><STEAM ID><>" changed map to "surf_Ace"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:547: [SM] Changed map to "surf_Ace"
L 07/07/2015 - 11:547: -------- Mapchange to surf_Ace --------
L 07/07/2015 - 11:548: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" changed cvar (cvar "sv_enablebunnyhopping") (value "1")
L 07/07/2015 - 12:00:59: SourceMod log file session started (file "L20150707.log") (Version "1.7.2-dev+5203")

hey sorry for wait, had to run out. there doesn't seem to be anything in here that shows zones being added or removed. (might be in the wrong location?{/SERVER IP/addons/sourcemod/logs}found them here, let me know if thats the wrong location.)

thanks for the help
Those are SM's normal log files. Error logs are named "errors_xxxxxxx.log".



Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentEvil View Post
server crash, using latest version of plugin

Code:
PutClientInServer: no info_player_start on level
Dropped Volf from server: Disconnect
Dropped DesktOp from server: Disconnect
Client "coliniscolin" connected (67.169.176.105:27005).
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM] Native "PushArrayArray" reported: Failed to grow array
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "ckSurf.smx":
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM]   [0]  Line 587, ckSurf/replay.sp::RecordReplay()
L 07/07/2015 - 23:24:14: [SM]   [1]  Line 616, ckSurf/hooks.sp::OnPlayerRunCmd()
Wrote minidump to: /servers/skillsurfsg/csgo/addons/sourcemod/data/dumps/7e9a5fd9-808e-d9db-62f81de7-3624f79f.dmp
./exec_skillsurfsg.run: line 318: 13977 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
debug.cmds:5: Error in sourced command file:
No function contains program counter for selected frame.
email debug.log to [email protected]
Tue Jul  7 23:24:30 CDT 2015: Server Quit
This can happen with long maptimes or multiple extensions. There is no real fix for this afaik..
jonitaikaponi is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:12.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode