Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

duggy747
Old 08-08-2011 , 23:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1361

Hi, I've been using this plugin on my Windows server with zero problems. Worked perfectly.

I set up a new Linux server which is an exact replica of the Windows one but the Stats plugin disables other ones, specifically Monster Bots and Incapped Magnum

I loaded each and every plugin to find what was disabling them and it turns out it's the Stats plugin. When it's removed everything works normally.

I've spent hours tinkering about but can't seem to get a solution. Just wondering if anyone has had a similiar problem, especially with Linux?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2011 , 10:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggy747 View Post
Hi, I've been using this plugin on my Windows server with zero problems. Worked perfectly.

I set up a new Linux server which is an exact replica of the Windows one but the Stats plugin disables other ones, specifically Monster Bots and Incapped Magnum

I loaded each and every plugin to find what was disabling them and it turns out it's the Stats plugin. When it's removed everything works normally.

I've spent hours tinkering about but can't seem to get a solution. Just wondering if anyone has had a similiar problem, especially with Linux?
Sounds strange, but I can't comment this any better. Maybe it's the way it is hooking the Rank Vote commands? Try removing the l4d_stats.txt and disable rank vote, then see what happens? I don't own a Linux server, so I can't test this for you.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
duggy747
Old 08-15-2011 , 20:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1363

It's ok, I managed to figure it out.

Turns out it was a bigger problem that half of the plugins' .cfg files weren't been read from.

Had to add CVARS into the server.cfg and now all is well.
theblade
Old 08-20-2011 , 02:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1364

How to disabled the "take away points for shooting at teammate"? I have a plugin where damage is take away from the attacker so I don't want points being taken away from attackers for shooting at teammates. I checked out the cvars and am a bit confused.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2011 , 14:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblade View Post
How to disabled the "take away points for shooting at teammate"? I have a plugin where damage is take away from the attacker so I don't want points being taken away from attackers for shooting at teammates. I checked out the cvars and am a bit confused.
I'm sorry but I've totally forgotten how to disable friendly fire I did look into the config, but couldn't make myself to remember. You need to meddle with the ffire configurables to find the resolution you are looking for.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
EEdover
Old 08-25-2011 , 13:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1366

Hello,

Any ideas ?
I have done everything "by the book" but...
When connecting to server then it just crashes.
Got this from log:
L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [l4d_stats.smx] Failed to connect to database: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'd25722.mysql.zone.ee' (110) L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details. L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_stats.smx": L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] [0] Line 996, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/2/0/8/2/80462.attach::OnConfigsExecuted()

Last edited by EEdover; 08-25-2011 at 14:29. Reason: new info
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2011 , 02:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1367

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEdover View Post
Hello,

Any ideas ?
I have done everything "by the book" but...
When connecting to server then it just crashes.
Got this from log:
L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [l4d_stats.smx] Failed to connect to database: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'd25722.mysql.zone.ee' (110) L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details. L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_stats.smx": L 08/25/2011 - 18:204: [SM] [0] Line 996, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/2/0/8/2/80462.attach::OnConfigsExecuted()
Why hello there... I might have a clue what is going on: ;)
Quote:
Failed to connect to database: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'd25722.mysql.zone.ee' (110)
Check that you have remote access properly enabled.

Still confused? Try reading something like this: http://www.google.com/search?q=Can't+connect+to+MySQL+server+110

Last edited by muukis; 08-26-2011 at 02:29.
EEdover
Old 08-27-2011 , 08:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Why hello there... I might have a clue what is going on: ;)
Check that you have remote access properly enabled.

Still confused? Try reading something like this: http://www.google.com/search?q=Can't+connect+to+MySQL+server+110
Ok thanks for answer but i just could not figure that one out.
So i changed the server provider and using now localhost DB
But still... Problem still there....
I have s strange feeling that it is impossible for me to get this plugin running. Google is not my friend here because there was too much of coders talk. I am just a "drag & drop" guy

L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [l4d_stats.smx] Failed to connect to database: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_stats.smx":
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] [0] Line 996, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/2/0/8/2/80462.attach::OnConfigsExecuted()

EDIT:
I checked mysql database and found that there is socket path little bit different
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
So question stays where should be the changes done ?
There is not directory called "var" in my webserver !

Last edited by EEdover; 08-27-2011 at 09:01. Reason: New info
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 15:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEdover View Post
Ok thanks for answer but i just could not figure that one out.
So i changed the server provider and using now localhost DB
But still... Problem still there....
I have s strange feeling that it is impossible for me to get this plugin running. Google is not my friend here because there was too much of coders talk. I am just a "drag & drop" guy

L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [l4d_stats.smx] Failed to connect to database: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_stats.smx":
L 08/27/2011 - 12:10:08: [SM] [0] Line 996, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/2/0/8/2/80462.attach::OnConfigsExecuted()

EDIT:
I checked mysql database and found that there is socket path little bit different
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
So question stays where should be the changes done ?
There is not directory called "var" in my webserver !
Yeah I know, searching for an answer to this kind of question can get difficult if the knowledge on firewalls and MySQL database is basic at best (which I would set my own knowledge level on.)

My knowledge on unix/linux world is very limited, so I cannot help you on those issues. I would forward you to search google, but since you are a drag&drop kind of a guy like myself (=microsoft os), I can only forward you to ask help from people that know the system better than us.

The main thing is, that you need to be able to contact from your game server to your database server. There are two main issues that you are likely to face while getting things going:
  1. Firewall protecting your database might not allow connections to your DB server port.
  2. MySQL login is not configured to allow connections from game server IP.
Both are equal on the likeness of happening. First one is tougher to overcome, because the firewall is usually a service that is not likely to change for any simple customer crying for help. If you own the firewall or are an admin, then it's easy. Second one can usually be fixed. You will need to check the game server IP your DB sees and set the user remote access filter to allow the connections from that IP. Keep in mind that the IP can be different to the IP you use to connect from your desktop to your game server.

I hope this makes sense? I don't know how else I can help you at this point.

Last edited by muukis; 08-27-2011 at 15:47.
EEdover
Old 08-27-2011 , 20:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Yeah I know, searching for an answer to this kind of question can get difficult if the knowledge on firewalls and MySQL database is basic at best (which I would set my own knowledge level on.)

My knowledge on unix/linux world is very limited, so I cannot help you on those issues. I would forward you to search google, but since you are a drag&drop kind of a guy like myself (=microsoft os), I can only forward you to ask help from people that know the system better than us.

The main thing is, that you need to be able to contact from your game server to your database server. There are two main issues that you are likely to face while getting things going:
  1. Firewall protecting your database might not allow connections to your DB server port.
  2. MySQL login is not configured to allow connections from game server IP.
Both are equal on the likeness of happening. First one is tougher to overcome, because the firewall is usually a service that is not likely to change for any simple customer crying for help. If you own the firewall or are an admin, then it's easy. Second one can usually be fixed. You will need to check the game server IP your DB sees and set the user remote access filter to allow the connections from that IP. Keep in mind that the IP can be different to the IP you use to connect from your desktop to your game server.

I hope this makes sense? I don't know how else I can help you at this point.
Thank You very much for answer.
I communicated with the game server/web server provider. ( hope to get answers soon )
As both servers are from same provider, makes me think that firewall is not the issue(my logic)
What concerns MySql login .... really donīt know... I am pretty sure that I did everything "by the book" Is there way to check the thing ?
BTW website connects to database normally.