Post New Thread Reply   

Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2011 , 22:46   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #811

could just remove it by pressing like 3 buttons =P
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-04-2011 , 11:00   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverKing View Post
yeah nevermind that... i had snapshot 3166 of sourcemod installed via NFo's autoinstaller... manually uploaded 3175 and it fixed it... didnt realize there was a newer snapshot

if valve would stop putting out tf2 updates every 3 days maybe this wouldnt be an issue from time to time ;)
that's why I don't use autoinstallers plus I don't use snapshots unless a valve snafu happens and the latest snapshot addresses the issue - once that change is ported to an official release, I switch back to stable I don't like living on the edge unless I have to
lamasniu
Old 08-12-2011 , 08:22   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #813

Lebson506th

It could be that I have totally messed up, but I am not able to give all my admins the commands. They are not able to see it in their menu. I can since I am root but I have 3 levels of admins in my servers and they are not able to see the menu. I am currently running MetaMod:Source v1.8.7V, SourceMod v1.3.8 with the SprayTracer version 5.8a. I couldn't see anything in the plugin.spraytrace.cfg file which would be for admin flags or anything. Also I am not able to see others sprays and it seems I am not the only one with that problem right now. I don't have sprays disabled in my game and neither do those whom were able to see them before. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most grateful.

The plugin used to work before I updated it to this new 5.8a version. All my admins were able to see the menu commands.

Below is a copy of my plugin.spraytrace.cfg so you can take a look
Quote:
// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.2.4)
// ConVars for plugin "spraytrace.smx"

// Changes showing the trace messages on HUD. 0 - Only admin can trace sprays 1 - All players can trace all sprays 2 - All players

can trace all non-admin sprays.
// -
// Default: "1"
sm_spray_adminonly "1"

// Enables automatically removing sprays when a punishment is dealt.
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_spray_autoremove "1"

// How long the temporary ban is for. 0 to disable temporary banning.
// -
// Default: "60"
sm_spray_bantime "60"

// How long the burn punishment is for.
// -
// Default: "10"
sm_spray_burntime "10"

// How far away the spray will be traced to
// -
// Default: "75.0"
sm_spray_dista "75.0"

// set the time a sprayer is drugged as a punishment. 0 to disable.
// -
sm_spray_drugtime "0"

// Enables putting a beacon on the sprayer as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enablebeacon "0"

// Enables the use of Burn as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enableburn "0"

// Enables the use of Fire Bomb as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enablefirebomb "0"

// Enables the use of Freeze as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enablefreeze "0"

// Enables the use of Freeze Bomb as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enablefreezebomb "0"

// Enables the use of Kick as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enablekick "1"

// Enables the use of a Permanent Ban as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enablepban "1"

// Enables the use of Slay as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enableslay "0"

// Enables the use of Time Bomb as a punishment.
// -
sm_spray_enabletimebomb "0"

// Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to non-admins
// -
sm_spray_fullhud "1"

// Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to admins
// -
sm_spray_fullhudadmin "1"

// How often the program will trace to see player's spray to the HUD. 0 to disable.
// -
// Default: "1.0"
sm_spray_refresh "1.0"

// Enables or disables restricting admins with the "ban" flag's punishments. (1 = warn only, 0 = all)
// -
sm_spray_restrict "0"

// How much damage the slap punishment is for. 0 to disable
// -
// Default: "5"
sm_spray_slapdamage "0"

// Enables or disables using admin immunity to determine if one admin can punish another.
// -
sm_spray_useimmunity "1"

//Enables or disables global spray tracking. If this is on, sprays can still be tracked when a player leaves the server.
// -
sm_spray_global "0"

//Enables or disables using the HUD for spray tracking. Works on supported games. If this is off, hint will be used.
// -
sm_spray_usehud 1

//How long the HUD messages are displayed.
// -
sm_spray_hudtime 1
Could you give me a hand on this please?

Thanks in advance.
mortal888
Old 08-14-2011 , 13:06   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #814

I'm wanting to get this plugin working on my server so all players can see the name of the person who sprayed it.

I've installed the .smx file into the plugins folder, then the phrases file in translations.
Restarted the server.

Edited the cfg file for 1 - All players can trace all sprays and made sure that sm_spray_usehud is set to 1.
Restarted the server

Results:
Admins can see the name of the spray owner but no one else can. Admin can get detailed information by typing sm_spraytrace, but can't get the spraytrace menu to pop up.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-14-2011 , 16:36   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #815

try the other variable... what is it? 0 or 2? I know I think I found out that it's reversed... what says it's for admins only is for all players and what says is for all players is for admins only
xioSlayer
Old 08-30-2011 , 09:40   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #816

What exactly causes this plugin to crash when spraying another players spray? (sm_adminspray)

I just went around a map solo testing every surface i could spray on, using 'adminspray' to spray my own spray. Seemed to work just fine.

But then when i get into a versus game 4v4, and try to spray another players spray, maybe 50% of the time it causes the SERVER TO CRASH :[

With no error message of any kind :/

What is the cause of this and why is it 'impossible' to fix as a read a few posts back?
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2011 , 10:06   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #817

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post
What exactly causes this plugin to crash when spraying another players spray? (sm_adminspray)

I just went around a map solo testing every surface i could spray on, using 'adminspray' to spray my own spray. Seemed to work just fine.

But then when i get into a versus game 4v4, and try to spray another players spray, maybe 50% of the time it causes the SERVER TO CRASH :[

With no error message of any kind :/

What is the cause of this and why is it 'impossible' to fix as a read a few posts back?
I have never experienced what you are describing... it is possible you have a conflicting plugin regarding sprays or something... I dunno
xioSlayer
Old 08-30-2011 , 10:54   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #818

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
I have never experienced what you are describing... it is possible you have a conflicting plugin regarding sprays or something... I dunno

They talked about this a few pages ago if you read back, stating that it was a flaw of the plugin and that it cannot be fixed.

I just did some testing... and i sprayed my spray on every inch of the map using sm_adminspray, no crashes. That was solo.
I even sprayed right where I sprayed in versus that caused the crash (in the saferoom on the second level of the passing).

If I play versus and use it to spray another player's spray, its like russian roulette with the crashes when using that command :/

I can't test the performance in versus more because i dont want to ruin people's games.

However, if the commands works on my own spray, but has the potential to crash with other players sprays, then something tells me this can be fixed... but without an error being thrown by the crash i'm not really sure where to start.

EDIT: i'm running this on l4d2. and no I dont have any spray altering plugins or anything of the sort :/

Last edited by xioSlayer; 08-30-2011 at 10:59.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2011 , 10:59   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8b (Full v5.8a) updated 6/12/2011
Reply With Quote #819

oh, I run it on CSS... perhaps there is something different about l4d2 that needs to be added/modified to this plugin...

I'll read back a few pages and see if I can find the thread that talks about this issue.
xioSlayer
Old 08-30-2011 , 13:22   Re: Spray Tracer v5.8 updated 4/12/2009
Reply With Quote #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse View Post
... Also, the adminspray function doesn't work correctly on some maps. It won't spray the spray, and in some cases seems to crash the server. It is unfortunate. This was a built-in function with Beetlesmod, and was both easy to use and foolproof. With SM it seems to be ridiculously hard to just figure out who is using a bad spray.

Using the latest snapshot of SM. Sourcbans, a few custom player skins for admins, and a map rotation plugin are also added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Corpse, ... sm_adminspray works fine, you simply can't spray on all the surfaces that you can as a normal spray. I went through and tore the code apart trying to resolve this issue and tried a few other methods, but none of them work as well as the current one, so you just have to deal with it.
heres the posts i'm referring to.