Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Spinx_Missiles. Upgraded LUD's ported to all mods! Updated: April 11th 2023

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff       
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2021 , 13:00   Spinx_Missiles. Upgraded LUD's ported to all mods! Updated: April 11th 2023
Reply With Quote #1

This is a fork of LUD's missiles. The one in the Approved Section does not meet current standards or work; at all. This works on Half-Life also. Tested for long time on crash easy maps and mods without a glitch. To make the tips atomic use my other plugin HL Neon grenade trails. It makes the C4 into a bug-zapper to boot when sv_neon_rad is 0|1 for radioactive properties. Luckily jtp10181 had something preserved to start with otherwise I would have to go get piano lessons from Lud possibly to get the AMX script. It's gone! Ref:Creation Date: 2000-02-06T00:08:44Z

Is Ninja rope used anymore? I made plugin a lot more dynamic by simply expanding it so clients can type names or parts of names to program their own missiles. For example.
Quote:
user puts set_info "heat" "spinx" to make seekers target player named spinx
Name the bullets to heat seek by player name. A real military style inspired HUD comes up showing who it is "[LOCKING COORDINATES ON]" or that no heat signatures or parachutes are within view. Clan tagging works too. That's how I have mine set-up. All the bots are clan tagged and it blasts the bots or anybody who wants to pose.

I updated jetpack as well and made it a lot more efficient. The unattended approved one does not work in all mods like mine. Jetpack is hardly used.

With all the parachute work I have been doing like making them destroyable and freefall. IE more realistic. I added parachute seeking missiles. That was the jetpack replacement. The likelihood of a server having parachute over jetpack and ninja rope is a myriad to one.

Heat was inspired by 1980s movie Runaway and Sniper 3D Assassin Slow Motion final shot.

The gun cam made me reach for LUD's. This script is what I wanted to share along that journey.
Skip to part with bullet.

Plugin can be compiled with or without the Counter-Strike buy system but works either way on Cstrike. Other mods the plugin won't load if script is compiled for Cstrike. Buy system is disabled stock so this works on all mods without having to manually compile. The CVAR method became a mess with that 1 aspect that is hardly needed just make the rockets free. All the CVAR are the same as original plugin.

//Set to 1 to require missiles to be purchased
amx_missile_buy 0

Classic CVAR list along with both client and missile settings.
Spoiler

New CVAR list
  • heatseeker_bot 0|1
    //toggles if heat seekers look for bots.
  • heatseeker_runaway 0|1
    //toggles runaway support so heat seekers go after playernames!
  • heatseeker_nametag "bteam"
    //Auto name tag setting for admins to choose. For instance put rival clan tag in!
  • amx_missile_cost 0|1000
    //self-explanatory. 0 makes the missiles a free-for-all.
  • mp_logdetail 0|3
    //log analysis setting. 3 is great detail. What body part, how much damage. etc.

Client's special heatseeking programming instructions.

It's easy. Open up console. Type set_info "heat" "opponent's_name"
set_info "heat" "playername|partname|clantag"

For example:
user puts set_info "heat" "spinx" to make seekers target player named spinx

TODO: make think for all bots.

Install Instructions
  • Download Arnold heat seeker wav and place in mod's sound/misc/ directory.

Compile manually to reinstate Counter-Strike buy system.
//#define CSTRIKE /*uncomment for continued cstrike buy system.*/

Therefore causing spinx_missile.sma(449) : warning 204: symbol is assigned a value that is never used: "g_costcvar".
Don't worry all that means is we disabled the Counter-Strike buy system. That is helpful if you want it back.
#define CSTRIKE.

Tips
mp_logdetail 3 to get more details in console and logged.

Script writer glimpse on HOW IT WORKS.
Spoiler

SMA

Bot think to shoot heat seekers or whatever.
Attached Files
File Type: zip arnold_heatseeker.zip (25.1 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 04-25-2023 at 15:51. Reason: Add link to bot think.