Plugin to communicate with forum

Post New Thread Reply   

lyric
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2013 , 17:06   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Yes. With this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=510469 , you can create commands users can type in game to call up the link to your forum that handles reports.

Of course, the only downside is it won't work for those with HTML disabled.
with the advent of pinion adverts it's safe to say that the majority of people playing tf2 have html motd disabled via scripts. not only that but it would require effort on the player to sign up/in a forum and do the report the long way. it's far more easier for them to do !report and pick the player from a list of connected players then input what they are doing wrong then have the plugin capture all the relevent information like steamid's and ip address and such.

Last edited by lyric; 03-14-2013 at 17:10.
minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-15-2013 , 07:17   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #22

I don't know about much about MyBB, but about XenForo (which is what the example is using), I remember writing an API to communicate between the forums and server, which is what they are doing, I'm assuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp.KryptoNite View Post
For some reason his Plugin never worked for me ,
@credits were added
im not stealing any plugins dude its my THING
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2013 , 07:35   Re: Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoney1 View Post
I don't know about much about MyBB, but about XenForo (which is what the example is using), I remember writing an API to communicate between the forums and server, which is what they are doing, I'm assuming.
So I have the basic working. No sql part working the bugs out of the actual reporting part right now.

The issue with sql I'm having maybe some one can come in. I can create the thread but the contents of that thread need the tid number auto generated from the database.

Any ideas?
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2013 , 08:31   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
with the advent of pinion adverts it's safe to say that the majority of people playing tf2 have html motd disabled via scripts. not only that but it would require effort on the player to sign up/in a forum and do the report the long way. it's far more easier for them to do !report and pick the player from a list of connected players then input what they are doing wrong then have the plugin capture all the relevent information like steamid's and ip address and such.
Let's just say mine's the lazyman's way of going about the issue
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2013 , 10:19   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
So I have the basic working. No sql part working the bugs out of the actual reporting part right now.

The issue with sql I'm having maybe some one can come in. I can create the thread but the contents of that thread need the tid number auto generated from the database.

Any ideas?
Would this help?

Code:
tid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0'
I literally googled mybb generate tid and that popped up. I dont know much about it but maybe that will create a random tid that doesn't already exists?
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2013 , 12:21   Re: Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Would this help?

Code:
tid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0'
I literally googled mybb generate tid and that popped up. I dont know much about it but maybe that will create a random tid that doesn't already exists?
Is auto increment so when I create the new thread it went up.. Not sure how to go back and select only that row that I just entered? Maybe fetch all the rows until I match a time stamp? Lol
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2013 , 14:02   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #27

I think auto increment is where it automatically goes up so yeah. though im not 100% on that certain.
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2013 , 14:34   Re: Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
I think auto increment is where it automatically goes up so yeah. though im not 100% on that certain.
It is. The problem is trying to edit the post table. That's Where the actual content in the post is. The tid is needed to put it in the right thread
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2013 , 15:02   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #29

I don't know if this will help but here it is anywyas http://docs.mybb.com/Database_Tables.html

its hard to find information on this since tables is such a broad word and typicall means tablutar results are given back from google
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2013 , 15:34   Re: Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
I don't know if this will help but here it is anywyas http://docs.mybb.com/Database_Tables.html

its hard to find information on this since tables is such a broad word and typicall means tablutar results are given back from google
Yea I installed a treat copy on my Web server and it creates the thread but I guess i will check the rows for a specific time stamp and retrieve the fid. But I can upload the menu part. That way if any one else wants to try to play with it.