Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

HLG anti hack protestion

Post New Thread Reply   

Talibankiller
Old 02-06-2005 , 15:35   HLG anti hack protestion
Reply With Quote #1

Can we get a plugin like HLG? To prevent hackers coming in and ruining the game. Protect against wall hacks aim bots...

Please someone make this asap..and email me [email protected]
Tali
Send a message via AIM to Talibankiller
|2ob
Old 02-06-2005 , 19:24  
Reply With Quote #2

i think he meant wallhack and speedhacking, i personally hate the script detections...
64.247.24.125:27015

Visit Vitrus's Clan Site!

I would put more, but they have a limit on chars
Send a message via AIM to |2ob Send a message via MSN to |2ob
Talibankiller
Old 02-06-2005 , 21:22   aimbot and wallhack
Reply With Quote #3

yes aimbot and wallhack is what i'm talkin about. I know there hackin and at least hlg kicks and banns them when i'm not around
Talibankiller
Old 02-06-2005 , 21:35   Beetle
Reply With Quote #4

Its aimbot through boxes and wall from far away. There has to be something that looks into joining clients that look through there counter-strike,cstrike folder.. something. you did great job with admin ! \

manybe update cheating death, i really dont care what it is as long as it works, i was just using hlg as exmaple..

come on beetlefart you can do it baby!
vancelorgin
Old 02-06-2005 , 23:59  
Reply With Quote #5

Imagine CD as a bank vault full of money with the door wide open, for lack of a better analogy and motiviation to think one up - alot of good ideas, but..

There are some ways to detect cheats *in use* from server plugins, but there's no way to detect if they're loaded or installed anymore. Delta aim angles, irregular movement, aiming through walls, and reverse nospread are some good tests, but none of which are trustable as proof positive, and should be relegated to useful tools for admins activly spectating.
Old 02-07-2005 , 08:24  
Reply With Quote #6

Actually, Beetle agrees as well. We are not the only ones either. I figure once Valve releases VAC then the others will make Hlguard and yes even Cheating-Death.

"Cheating Death is closed source and requires the client to install something which is very unpopular."

I used to be 100% with Cheating-Death. Our Server used it. We seldom had a full Server but hey... the ones that were in there were on a level playing field. If Cheating Death is made better Than VAC we may revert Back to it.

Hlguard and Cheating-Death = 1 deadly combo against Hacks and unfair scripts.

Oh well we cant even seem to get Source_mod and Vac. Surely Hlg and Cheating-Death are out of the question. The guys over at UnitedAdmins are working on CD for Source. All they will say about a release date is sometime in 2005.

Same for Vac. They say In the Near future.

Source_mod, Sometime in 2005.
Old 02-10-2005 , 10:09  
Reply With Quote #7

If you want anti-cheat then start hassling Valve and get them to get VAC2 out!
I've heard good things about it's development (god know's if it was true or not) but that's going to be the best shot at the moment.
For the time being you are just going to have to accept that some people will choose to hack, just let them know that if they do choose to do so they will be banned.
vancelorgin
Old 02-10-2005 , 14:08  
Reply With Quote #8

Lol - if caught. I hope VAC2 is good - but according to the trend it will be more of the same shit (probably a VM _inside_ a VM - that'll throw us off! ). Whenever good HL2 MP mods come out [TF2 perhaps... please don't be gay and package it seperatly] I'm sure a third party AC worth looking at will arrive, but until then it's up to cheesy scans and manual spectating :s

I can already see the laughably useless full plugins based solely on GetAlias
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-10-2005 , 14:14  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancelorgin
Lol - if caught. I hope VAC2 is good - but according to the trend it will be more of the same shit (probably a VM _inside_ a VM - that'll throw us off! ). Whenever good HL2 MP mods come out [TF2 perhaps... please don't be gay and package it seperatly] I'm sure a third party AC worth looking at will arrive, but until then it's up to cheesy scans and manual spectating :s

I can already see the laughably useless full plugins based solely on GetAlias
yeah I though about added a few getalias type checks for commanly known
hacks ..but its really useless.
We will do as we always have...rely on admins spectating.
vancelorgin
Old 02-10-2005 , 22:14  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkaway69
Beetle,
Is/would there be a way to list/view what files are in a clients cfg folder.
No.

GetAlias / CVar checking systems are not wholly useless, but their creators go way overboard thinking it stops all hacks when it just stops normal players little tweaks - they don't and can't touch the heavy stuff. Yeah, admin spectating is probably the best way, but should be done with the help of a plugin spewing the stuff I mentioned - tell if they're aiming at someone through a wall, if somebody's visible or not, delta aim angles, nospread reversing, and all of that. I'd write it if I wasn't already bogged down with stuff to do - it's really, really easy guys :s