Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release

Post New Thread Reply   

SirLamer
Old 08-20-2009 , 13:06   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #21

Attached is an upgrade patch from 0.3.2.1 to 0.3.3.0. This update adds support for any named database connection. The connections are still defined in SourceMod's database.cfg server.

NOTE that this patch includes a replacement for addons/configs/jukebox.cfg to add the value "db_conn_name". You can just update your own config to add "db_conn_name" with the default value which is literally "default" or add your own connection name. Just using your existing config file will work fine; it will assume the "default" connection if it's not defined.

The first post will also be updated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source - UPGRADE 0.3.2.1 to 0.3.3.0.zip (69.5 KB, 96 views)

Plugins: Jukebox for Source
exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-20-2009 , 13:42   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #22

Awesome work, I am wondering why you still didn't release it.

For developers: Colors library
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
SirLamer
Old 08-20-2009 , 17:44   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #23

Huh? You can download it from this thread.

Or maybe you mean why haven't I published it the official way? There is a big bug that makes Jukebox stop working for random periods. It is very common on a full server. I can't put it in the plugin list like that.

Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2009 , 18:21   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #24

Unfortunately with my host, it seems i am unable to get 664 chmod access to folders, just 755. Is there a way to get this to work without the 664 access?

Also: I get this error when reloading jukebox:
Code:
15:28:29 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:32: [EXP] Exploitable FS_Open() call!, file=addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt redirecting to exploits/1250807312.txt
15:28:30 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:33: rcon from "66.75.5.172:50001": command "sm plugins reload jukebox"
15:28:30 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:32: [EXP] Exploitable FS_Open() call!, file=addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt redirecting to exploits/1250807312.txt
15:28:30 Jukebox: WARNING - Failed to apply global configuration update to file 'addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt'.
15:28:30 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:32: [jukebox.smx] WARNING - Failed to apply global configuration update to file 'addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt'.
15:28:30 [SM] Plugin Jukebox reloaded successfully.

Last edited by Sexual Harassment Panda; 08-20-2009 at 18:29.
jockersoft
Old 08-22-2009 , 13:35   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #25

I followed your guide to the letter but got stuck at "UPLOAD NEW TRACKS": clicking on "Add New Tracks" i can see the list of files i uploaded in the uploads directory. No matter how many files i check, clicking on "Continue with selected" will show me an empty page titled " - Jukebox - HTTP post" with only the top menu and no content. No error message whatsoever. Any idea?
apache 2, php 5.2.42, mysql 5.0.75

And a little feature request: what about adding support to streaming music? I see you are using windows media player, and so the only change needed should be in the web admin part of the project (instead of feeding the media player with the url of our web server, it will get the url of a shoutcast server/windows media server and the media player will be able to render it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
Also: I get this error when reloading jukebox:
Code:
15:28:29 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:32: [EXP] Exploitable FS_Open() call!, file=addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt redirecting to exploits/1250807312.txt
15:28:30 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:33: rcon from "66.75.5.172:50001": command "sm plugins reload jukebox"
15:28:30 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:32: [EXP] Exploitable FS_Open() call!, file=addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt redirecting to exploits/1250807312.txt
15:28:30 Jukebox: WARNING - Failed to apply global configuration update to file 'addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt'.
15:28:30 L 08/20/2009 - 15:28:32: [jukebox.smx] WARNING - Failed to apply global configuration update to file 'addons\sourcemod\data\jukebox\jukebox_data.txt'.
15:28:30 [SM] Plugin Jukebox reloaded successfully.
it seems your host is using this plugin to block the arbitrary file upload/deletion exploit.
If you are on TF2 you can ask them to remove it since it has been patched in yesterday update, otherwise you are out of luck.

Last edited by jockersoft; 08-22-2009 at 13:38.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2009 , 19:06   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockersoft View Post
I followed your guide to the letter but got stuck at "UPLOAD NEW TRACKS": clicking on "Add New Tracks" i can see the list of files i uploaded in the uploads directory. No matter how many files i check, clicking on "Continue with selected" will show me an empty page titled " - Jukebox - HTTP post" with only the top menu and no content. No error message whatsoever. Any idea?

And a little feature request: what about adding support to streaming music? I see you are using windows media player, and so the only change needed should be in the web admin part of the project (instead of feeding the media player with the url of our web server, it will get the url of a shoutcast server/windows media server and the media player will be able to render it)

it seems your host is using this plugin to block the arbitrary file upload/deletion exploit.
If you are on TF2 you can ask them to remove it since it has been patched in yesterday update, otherwise you are out of luck.
I am getting the same error in the upload section, and also I am unable to add users.

In terms of the shoutcast/media server: The purpose of this plugin doesn't really match how a shoutcast server, or stearming windows media server work. I wouldn't mind the extra functionality, althought the bugs are still being worked out here and I'd rather have this current plugin 100% working.
Old 08-22-2009 , 20:59   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #27

ugghhh, wrong section? xD wouldn't this go in the "New Plugins" or "Approved Plugins"?
jockersoft
Old 08-23-2009 , 04:02   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
just tried on another linux host, and on my windows machine with XAMPP and got the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda
In terms of the shoutcast/media server: The purpose of this plugin doesn't really match how a shoutcast server, or stearming windows media server work. I wouldn't mind the extra functionality, althought the bugs are still being worked out here and I'd rather have this current plugin 100% working.
yeah, i didn't say it's high priority
just that it would be cool to select from the menu something like "listen to server radio" or "listen to the clan teamspeak broadcast"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zverina View Post
ugghhh, wrong section? xD wouldn't this go in the "New Plugins" or "Approved Plugins"?
it may go in the New Plugins forum, but SirLamer stated clearly that this release is NOT yet being submitted for official inclusion in the SourceMod plugin library until known bugs are closed and the SourcePawn code is cleaned up so he put it here.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2009 , 04:28   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockersoft View Post
It seems your host is using this plugin to block the arbitrary file upload/deletion exploit.
Thanks for this. That plugin was crashing my server like crazy. I thought i had disabled it, but i Guess not.
Old 08-23-2009 , 13:23   Re: Jukebox for Source, Streaming Music System - Beta Release
Reply With Quote #30

Thanks everyone for your feedback. This is great!

Panda's error may also be related to a design oversight in the plugin. It is trying to create a file jukebox_data.txt in a custom subfolder "jukebox" within "data". This is due to historical debugging needs and a subfolder is no longer warranted. I will change the location of that text file in the next release, which may correct the issue. That exploit plugin would definitely also prevent it from working, since I designed it to create the file instead of requiring admins to copy yet another file over.

It would be possible to support streaming music in the future, but I don't think I will get to this. This is not the operational intent of Jukebox. There are already "radio" plugins that stream radio stations using SourceMod. If someone wants to make a streaming media server for SourceMod, then I invite anyone to pull the relevant Windows Media Player-serving code from Jukebox and appropriate it.

This inability to process uploaded tracks is a new bug to me. I will have a look at it and may come back with questions. Is there anyone that is not encountering this issue? FYI, I am able to upload tracks just fine. I will also try to stamp out the "create new user" issue. These will be the top priority issues for the next update.