Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

General Plugin question - In regards to how much is safe.

Post New Thread Reply   

Revolution
Old 05-25-2005 , 19:55  
Reply With Quote #11

Well Said Dr. Nuckles.....
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-27-2005 , 13:26  
Reply With Quote #12

Thank you Evolution
Old 05-27-2005 , 15:15  
Reply With Quote #13

nice speech
to bad the guy's name is Revolution
;)

www.psmod.net (the better psychostats)
PAOL
Send a message via ICQ to Proach
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-27-2005 , 19:06  
Reply With Quote #14

No shit Proach, he called me Nuckles, without the K, so I called him Evolution, without the R. Using the same thought process, I would call you Roach. Eat me.
Old 05-27-2005 , 19:53  
Reply With Quote #15

Can you feel the love...?
Send a message via ICQ to Grump Send a message via AIM to Grump Send a message via MSN to Grump Send a message via Yahoo to Grump
Cereal.Killer
Old 05-27-2005 , 22:30  
Reply With Quote #16

Sorry - Havent been around in awhile..

Yes - although the 'blind' has an amx announce.. so they might realize it.

however, amx_flash doesnt have any announce.. it justs makes the flash SOUND.. .. if ur doing it.. and their just running around shooting still (You dont get the flash in spec) then you know they arent blind.

To revo - regarding eject CD

I'll admit, I almost never use this plugin. And I dont know enough of the command structure for execclient to do it via that command.

reason to have execclient AND clexec

I hate typing execclient, but it works somewhat better for more advanced commands then clexec .. and clexec is a nice easy one to use

Reason to have either of those - This is a 32 slot Ult war3 pub. (havent yet filled it to 32.. but have gotten damned close.

A large chunk of the plugins of those 51.. (now 54) are the default ones, that dont do to much.. (Im not sure which of the default ones I can turn off safely) All the custom ones are used on a regular basis, otherwise I wouldnt use them

Question on usage: Example: amx_restartround.amxx plugin - all it does is wait 30 seconds after a map change, exec (restart the round) and then do nothing.. so.. how much resources does it use? does it use more then ultwar3.amxx? less? if so, how much more/less?

TO knuckles:
I do not have fireworks, nore chickenmod, nor low gravity wars, nor extra hp plugins (see plugins list, READ carefully ) In regards to flashing them, Yes I can still see. Thank you very much. How do I know they were lucky with a blind shot? Time. - I bind a key to flash with their name, then spam it.. It'd be like 3 flashbangs exploding in ur face every second. Now.. how many people can they kill? did they line up? no, were they at different x, y, and z angles? Yes? then ban them for hax.

Thank you for the information about sv_restart in server.cfg I didnt realize that would work. -1 plugin

I know very well how hacks work. I keep tabs on new hacks for CZ and run them against the bots in Lan and record demos of myself with a second computer. Watch, and compare. Its a good way.

Your last statement "Back to the point. If you NEED 51 plugins on your server, fine. But I would look for ways around having them all by doing some of the things I noticed right off the bat. I am sure there is more if you look around."

Please, by all means, look around a little for me.. I will admit that I AM new to server running, and most likely will NOT see the connections you do - Please post any new ideas regarding my plugin setup here.

My current plugin setup:
;amx_all.amxx
;lastmanbets.amxx
changescore.amx
;amx_ejectcd.amxx
admin_clexec.amxx
team_balancer.amx
admin_allinone.amxx
admin_ammo.amxx
adminlisten.amxx
;amx_bank.amxx
amx_ejl_personalgravity.amxx
amx_exec.amx
amx_gore_ultimate.amxx
bullet_damage.amxx
cs_team.amx
amxx_atac_cfg1.1.06.amxx
amxx_atac2.5.4.11.amxx
deagsmapmanage227d.amxx
uwc3.amxx
voicecom_speakall.amxx
ACS.amxx
amx_blind.amxx
admin_flash.amxx
surfminiplugin.amxx
;amx_autorestart.amxx
automatic_knife_duel.amxx
vote_aio.amxx
;knifes_only.amxx
voicecomm_ban.amxx
;afkkicker.amxx
;amx_warn.amxx
loadingsound.amxx
maphandler.amxx
;teamcolorchat.amxx
admin_slash.amx

Commented ones are ones that Im talking to the plugin maker about bug fixes - or a plugin that isnt working with another plugin that is currently running - or one that Im removing and trying to see if something else in the server.cfg will work (credit to Dr. Knuckles)

Edit: Credit changed- Saw the wrong name for the wrong symbol - Thx Knucks.
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-27-2005 , 23:27  
Reply With Quote #17

I know you don't have all those plugins on your server, I am fully capable of reading and understanding what I have just read. I was just making a point about all new admins who think they need every "fun" plugin they see.

And, uh, that was my idea about the server.cfg
Old 05-28-2005 , 01:55  
Reply With Quote #18

so the point is too many plugins are bad? or only have the neccessary ones that are always in use? cause i feel i have a lot of plugins on my server too some are used a lot some are used so so
StopSpazzing
Old 11-27-2005 , 20:29  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump
Can you feel the love...?
God i can feel the pure love here. Anything more than 20-30 is enough, and i totally agree, there is no love. Also depends Cpu ram and how much bandwidth your server has to be able to make it run stable.
Send a message via AIM to StopSpazzing Send a message via Yahoo to StopSpazzing