Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

jouva
Old 01-19-2011 , 02:07   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Yeah just hope you don't do it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think voogru would want to hunt you down if you tried to do it.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 01-19-2011 , 02:17   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouva View Post
Yeah just hope you don't do it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think voogru would want to hunt you down if you tried to do it.
O_O; ....wait.....who in gods green earth is Voogru?
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2011 , 10:08   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdarnkid View Post
O_O; ....wait.....who in gods green earth is Voogru?
I wouldn't mess with voogru if I were you, and I wouldn't try using Valve's hats unless it's in your tf2 backpack. You'll have your ass banned faster than you can blink.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 01-19-2011 , 11:33   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afronanny View Post
I wouldn't mess with voogru if I were you, and I wouldn't try using Valve's hats unless it's in your tf2 backpack. You'll have your ass banned faster than you can blink.
*blink*

(Kidding, kidding. Believe me, I've given up on the whole "trying to make fake hats" thing. I could've potentially done it with my rework of noodleboy347's Premium Mod. His !glow command is set up to use particle effects, and I'm pretty sure I could've swiped some code from the Horsemann Spawner plugin to change the command over to use MDL's instead of particles. BUT, I'm lazy, and not that good at coding.)

Last edited by thatdarnkid; 01-19-2011 at 12:12.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2011 , 23:48   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Even if you tried, it wouldn't work. Particles =/= mdls.

Also please don't plan on using my GiveWeapon plugin to give hats, nor TF2 Equipment Manager, nor anything else I have ever worked on. I have working Darwin's Danger Shield, Razorback, Chargin' Targe, and Gunboats, and I don't want people like you going "HURF DURF I CAN MAKE THIS A HAT" and ruining my plugin. It's GiveWeapon, not GiveHat.

Don't use laziness as an excuse to cover up your second reason, "not good at coding".

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 01-22-2011 at 23:50.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2011 , 23:36   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Hey guys I probobly missed something. But wht does the "*" mean in the example file?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2011 , 00:05   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

It means apply to all of either players, or weapons, depending on where it is.

Psyduck likes replays.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-26-2011 , 22:11   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
It means apply to all of either players, or weapons, depending on where it is.
Oh ok so is I have
Code:
"*"

{

"quality"      "3"

"level"         "100"
}
Will that give all the Steam ids I have listed vintage lvl 100 items? Does that include hats+weapons?
Btw FlaminSarge, I use your Giveweapon plugin on my server all the time it's Amazing! And your right about getting upset with people who want to use your giveitem plugin to give hats, while that seems cool it ruins the main goal of the plugin. If I were you I would create a second plugin that just gave hats and misc items so that people get off your back.

Last edited by Unreal1; 01-26-2011 at 22:14.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2011 , 00:59   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal1 View Post
Oh ok so is I have
Code:
"*" //this is the PLAYERS it gives it to
{
    "*" // this is the WEAPON it applies to
    {
        "quality"    "3"
        "level"        "100"
        "preserve-attributes"    "1"
    }
}
Will that give all the Steam ids I have listed vintage lvl 100 items? Does that include hats+weapons?
Btw FlaminSarge, I use your Giveweapon plugin on my server all the time it's Amazing! And your right about getting upset with people who want to use your giveitem plugin to give hats, while that seems cool it ruins the main goal of the plugin. If I were you I would create a second plugin that just gave hats and misc items so that people get off your back.
I fixed what you might have been trying to do. But beware, this will break certain weapons, like all engineer melee weapons and all mediguns.
There is a pre-made config to exclude those, find it in this thread.

Also, I shall NOT make any second plugins to give hats and misc items. If you haven't read through some certain threads, Valve has made it very clear not to give Hats/Misc to players.
It's not about "main goal of the plugin", it's about not getting my butt kicked by voogru/valve.

If you want to give CUSTOM hats, it's ok. Use the TF2 Equipment Manager plugin (use the download in the first post, but then update the SMX with the one on the last page).

Psyduck likes replays.
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2011 , 07:33   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

I'd like to use your UnlockBlock method in my tUnlockReplace plugin, so i've started investigating whether one could patch this into the tf2items extension and was wondering:
a) Would changing newitem.m_iPosition in Hook_GiveNamedItem be enough or does it need to be changed in ItemHasBeenUpdated? This brings up another question - did you create a new extension for UnlockBlock because you wanted it to be clean of stuff it wouldn't need or because it had to use a new detour anyway and it would have been a mess to merge it into tf2items?
b) If on GiveNamedItem is sufficient, the smoothest way to add this feature is to add a flag (here) DONT_EQUIP or sth like that, am i correct? Or would one want to change m_iPosition specifically - afaik its the position in the backpack, so the answer to that would be no, i assume.
c) Does m_szWideName or m_szName contain the uhm, lets call it 'language identifier' (like TF_UNIQUE_FRYINGPAN) by any chance?

Thanks!