Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting

Post New Thread Reply   

decaprime
Old 06-03-2009 , 19:44   [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #1

2010-5-26
Updated Notepad++ UserDefinedLang.xml
(right click > Save As)

I do a majority of my programming in Visual Studio and I'm starting to write scripts for my server and sought to replicate that environment. With pawn studio no longer being/no longer fully functional, and not enough time to code a language service for Visual Studio I have mimicked the functionality in Notepad++

A picture probably demonstrates this best:

Important: There are issues with the latest version of notepad++, this was developed and tested with the 5.1.X version. Later versions have an issue that won't expand functions with long descriptions try SetHudTextParams( to test with your version. I haven't pinpointed the version this starts occurring, input is appreciated.

A few notes:
-Installation instructions are in the readme.txt in the zip
-I have nothing to do with notepad++ itself and the auto-completion functionality isn't super reliable.
-In generating the inline docs I set the word wrap arbitrarily, and I run on a fairly high resolution (1920x1200) if this is an issue for enough people I can make another version.
-If notepad++ crashes there is a good chance the preferences for the auto-completion got reset, just reapply them.
-Feel free to recolor the syntax and redistribute with credit

Thanks to CShadowRun and devicenull
Attached Files
File Type: zip decas_npp_tools.zip (79.2 KB, 10275 views)

Last edited by psychonic; 05-26-2010 at 14:01.
theY4Kman
Old 06-03-2009 , 20:11   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #2

Brilliant!
Send a message via ICQ to theY4Kman Send a message via AIM to theY4Kman Send a message via MSN to theY4Kman Send a message via Yahoo to theY4Kman Send a message via Skype™ to theY4Kman
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2009 , 03:18   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #3

Would this have hotkeys to build by any chance? Would be nice . Using Pawn Studio right now but it crashes a lot.
Chris-_-
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-04-2009 , 06:28   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #4

Wow, awesome.
decaprime
Old 06-04-2009 , 11:25   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Would this have hotkeys to build by any chance? Would be nice . Using Pawn Studio right now but it crashes a lot.
Shouldn't be a problem, if you go to the Run menu you can do a run command like

YourPathHere\spcomp.exe $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)

Then you can just save it and assign a hotkey. Here is the docs on that: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/run-HOWTO.php I'm also thinking about making a small program to automate play testing a bit, like compile/check/upload/replace with backup/rcon sm reload or something.
Shaman
Old 06-06-2009 , 21:21   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #6

Great job!
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2009 , 22:18   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #7

Looks really cool
Old 06-07-2009 , 02:45   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #8

Fantastically helpful. Thanks!

This'll definitely lower bandwidth usage from me on the "Script Functions" portion of this site.
http://www.brothersofchaos.com/
Chris-_-
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-07-2009 , 18:19   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #9

What a way of perspetive >.<
Cadav0r
Old 06-08-2009 , 13:14   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #10

Thanks

My plugins : Admin Sounds