Raised This Month: $90 Target: $400
 22% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Old 03-21-2010 , 23:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by tythefox View Post
I don't have access to this kind of feature. Is there any free host out there that can accommodate this addon?
It looks like your using xfactor to operate your forum and databases.
As a gameserver provider, they might not allow remote access as a security risk.

I would suggest asking them.

I don't know how it works, but I am guessing your using both a gameserver and forum/database with them? Not sure, but if on the same server, wouldn't they be able to communicate without remote permissions?
.=QUACK=.Major.pain is offline
muukis
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-22-2010 , 03:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by .=QUACK=.Major.pain View Post
It looks like your using xfactor to operate your forum and databases.
As a gameserver provider, they might not allow remote access as a security risk.

I would suggest asking them.

I don't know how it works, but I am guessing your using both a gameserver and forum/database with them? Not sure, but if on the same server, wouldn't they be able to communicate without remote permissions?
If the game and the DB server are hosted by the same IP (computer), the access point of the DB user should have access point from 127.0.0.1 or localhost. I'm not sure how the wildcards work, but AFAIK, if you'd set % as the access point, you'd be able to connect the DB server from anywhere. It is at least a moderate security risk however.
__________________
Monster Hunter

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
muukis is offline
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Old 03-22-2010 , 08:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
If the game and the DB server are hosted by the same IP (computer), the access point of the DB user should have access point from 127.0.0.1 or localhost. I'm not sure how the wildcards work, but AFAIK, if you'd set % as the access point, you'd be able to connect the DB server from anywhere. It is at least a moderate security risk however.
Not exactly what I was asking.

If a game server is on a rented server, and a website is also on the same rented server, but with different ip's, does remote sql permissions still have to be set up?

If they by share the same ip, I guess it wouldn't be required.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain is offline
xmagicboyx
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Old 03-22-2010 , 09:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #504

there is problem with the connection to datebase, all time i get this message "Can't connect to MySQL server on "xxxxxxx" (xxxxx the ip)
but i use garena and if i put the ip of garena so when i start the server
on the window "Starting Dedicated Server......) that stuck..
fix it please
xmagicboyx is offline
tythefox
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Old 03-22-2010 , 13:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
If the game and the DB server are hosted by the same IP (computer), the access point of the DB user should have access point from 127.0.0.1 or localhost. I'm not sure how the wildcards work, but AFAIK, if you'd set % as the access point, you'd be able to connect the DB server from anywhere. It is at least a moderate security risk however.
I know for a fact that they aren't hosted on the same box, and every time I've requested information regarding remote MySQL, and I've received no information. Considering my support ticket directly requesting information on this matter mysteriously disappeared, I'm going to guess that the security risks aren't worth divulging that information.

I'll try a different host, I made a website for a friend a few months ago, that site is still up, I don't think he'll mind me using a little bit of space.
tythefox is offline
muukis
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-23-2010 , 05:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmagicboyx View Post
there is problem with the connection to datebase, all time i get this message "Can't connect to MySQL server on "xxxxxxx" (xxxxx the ip)
but i use garena and if i put the ip of garena so when i start the server
on the window "Starting Dedicated Server......) that stuck..
fix it please
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Impossible to fix anything with the information at hand.
__________________
Monster Hunter

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
muukis is offline
muukis
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-23-2010 , 05:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by .=QUACK=.Major.pain View Post
Not exactly what I was asking.

If a game server is on a rented server, and a website is also on the same rented server, but with different ip's, does remote sql permissions still have to be set up?

If they by share the same ip, I guess it wouldn't be required.
AFAIK, MySQL users are identified by an IP-filter - All of them. Each user has it's own IP-filter. This means that anything that connects to MySQL database TCP/IP port, require that the login username/password and the IP-filter matches the user, even if connected locally.

"Remote permissions" from outside the MySQL hosted IP require a hole in the firewall (MySQL TCP/IP listener port) and a DB user with proper IP-filter to match the remote connection IP. "Remote permissions" locally usually do not require a firewall hole, but will still require a DB user with proper IP-filter.
__________________
Monster Hunter

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
muukis is offline
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Old 03-23-2010 , 08:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Impossible to fix anything with the information at hand.
Think this is what he is talking about: http://www.garena.com/

Looks like a xfire or steam type community.
Noy sure how it applies to using this mod.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain is offline
xmagicboyx
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Old 03-23-2010 , 11:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Impossible to fix anything with the information at hand.
i launch my server with scrds.exe so when i put my ip in datebase the scrds stuck on
Starting Dedicated Server...

what is not understandable?
xmagicboyx is offline
muukis
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-23-2010 , 12:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmagicboyx View Post
i launch my server with scrds.exe so when i put my ip in datebase the scrds stuck on
Starting Dedicated Server...

what is not understandable?
THAT I understand. But still, I do not understand how can I help you to solve your problem by fixing anything in the plugin this thread is for. Are you saying that running the server without this plugin your server runs fine, and with the plugin your server hangs like you said it does?

That garena site looks like a web site that is for gaming competitors (clans etc). I have no knowledge of that site, nor do I want to get to know it better. If you want help, you have to write a short summary from system specs you hold.

Do you...
  1. have a Left 4 Dead (1 or 2) server that you can modify = add plugins?
  2. have a MySQL server and in it a database that you can modify = full access? Can you connect to the database remotely = from the game server?
You do not need a site for webstats. Your plugin and stats will work without it, but it is easier to browse the stats with the webstats.

Sorry for being so blunt.
__________________
Monster Hunter

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
muukis is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode