Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Advanced Slow Motion By Krot@L ::

Post New Thread Reply   

TiMbErLaNd
Old 01-31-2006 , 23:21  
Reply With Quote #11

Yeah id like to see a lil kickback from when its implimented, seems like guys just fall to the ground slower, lets give them a lil boost in the air to add something more like flying backward
Arucard
Old 01-31-2006 , 23:49  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMbErLaNd
Yeah id like to see a lil kickback from when its implimented, seems like guys just fall to the ground slower, lets give them a lil boost in the air to add something more like flying backward
Sounds like an idea for an updated version of this plugin pimpin.

Would be amazing to add that, and also add the cvars to enable or disable that kickback. Nice suggestion

**In some cases that I have seen, full frontal headshots did cause some sort of kickback with this version of the plugin. Sometimes the bodies did sort of fly up a little bit and then die slowly.**
Old 02-01-2006 , 09:23  
Reply With Quote #13

Yes after adding this into my a couple of my servers I did see this but usually only at instances where the person killed was slightly in the air or in the process of jumping. I had a few other ideas for this as well. I dont know if they can be done. is it possible to slow down the entire server into slowmotion? If possible then im sure you can see a few practial applications for this without creating an annoying server. Only in a few instances would this be very dynamic, such as last kill in a round or the bomb blowing up. I think the key in this would be if you were able to tell if the last amount of damage would be the killing factor before the damage is actually delt to the client.
Arucard
Old 02-01-2006 , 09:47  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Yes after adding this into my a couple of my servers I did see this but usually only at instances where the person killed was slightly in the air or in the process of jumping. I had a few other ideas for this as well. I dont know if they can be done. is it possible to slow down the entire server into slowmotion? If possible then im sure you can see a few practial applications for this without creating an annoying server. Only in a few instances would this be very dynamic, such as last kill in a round or the bomb blowing up. I think the key in this would be if you were able to tell if the last amount of damage would be the killing factor before the damage is actually delt to the client.
Well if your able to achieve one person in slow motion I would imagine you could make all clients go in slowmo. But I do not see the point in this as that would turn it way too much into the HLTV realm.

The entire point of this plugin was to give the server the ability to do HLTV like effects, without the entire server slowing down. ^_^

Dont understand what you mean exactly with this ::

Quote:
If possible then im sure you can see a few practial applications for this without creating an annoying server. Only in a few instances would this be very dynamic, such as last kill in a round or the bomb blowing up
Unless you mean stripping the headshot slowmo, knife kill slowmo and just maintaining it to the bomb and last kill in the round. If thats what you would wish to do, I personally like the the plugin the way it is. But for your servers im sure you can do what you wish with the .sma and customize it to your liking.
Old 02-01-2006 , 13:53  
Reply With Quote #15

This is excellent I love it.

Just a warning to potential users, if you have AMX Gore on your server, knife slow-mo and grenade slow-mo do not work.
TiMbErLaNd
Old 02-01-2006 , 15:23  
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arucard
Quote:
Well if your able to achieve one person in slow motion I would imagine you could make all clients go in slowmo. But I do not see the point in this as that would turn it way too much into the HLTV realm.

The entire point of this plugin was to give the server the ability to do HLTV like effects, without the entire server slowing down. ^_^

Dont understand what you mean exactly with this ::

Quote:
If possible then im sure you can see a few practial applications for this without creating an annoying server. Only in a few instances would this be very dynamic, such as last kill in a round or the bomb blowing up
Unless you mean stripping the headshot slowmo, knife kill slowmo and just maintaining it to the bomb and last kill in the round. If thats what you would wish to do, I personally like the the plugin the way it is. But for your servers im sure you can do what you wish with the .sma and customize it to your liking.
What I was trying to get accross that in the middle of the round if something dynamic happens in the server such as a knife kill of headshot you cant go slowing down the ENTIRE servers events im not just tryin to single out one person like this plugin currently does. If you were to slow down the entire servers events it would be annoying unless done at an appropriate time. Say im on one sid eof the map and you are on the other and I kill someone with a knife....why should it slow you down, te event shouldnt even register becuase it will cause an annoyance in the server. A headshot happens all the time too so therefor it couldnt happen at that time either. I am not saying change the plugin its fine just the way it is yes, with hopefully the addition of the kickback with the kills instead of the guy just falling in slowmo dead to the ground. I just was suggesting adding more dynamic scenes like the last kill of the round or the bomb blowing up. Making those events in slomotion for the entire server.

Example - When the guys get killed from the bomb exploding now. They get thrown at a very fast rate away from the bomb.....yet they die in slomotion. With the suggestion I was looking for is that they are thrown away from the bomb while it explodes in slomotion.
diamond-optic
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2006 , 18:40  
Reply With Quote #17

has anyone given this a try with DoD? or will i be the 1st lol?
Old 02-01-2006 , 19:37  
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Example - When the guys get killed from the bomb exploding now. They get thrown at a very fast rate away from the bomb.....yet they die in slomotion. With the suggestion I was looking for is that they are thrown away from the bomb while it explodes in slomotion.
Now I see what you mean. Sounds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond-optic
has anyone given this a try with DoD? or will i be the 1st lol?
You very well may be the first... (I do not know of course)[/quote]
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2006 , 07:30  
Reply With Quote #19

Ah yes, lots of these:
Quote:
L 02/03/2006 - 01:20:01: [AMXX] Run time error 10 (plugin "advanced_slowmo.amxx") - debug not enabled!
L 02/03/2006 - 01:20:01: [AMXX] To enable debug mode, add "debug" after the plugin name in plugins.ini (without quotes).
L 02/03/2006 - 01:20:01: [ENGINE] Invalid player 1 (not in-game)
Should be a simple fix. Good luck! I'm off to bed.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Arucard
Old 02-03-2006 , 09:54  
Reply With Quote #20

Thanks for the heads up. Even running developer 1 and playing for hours I never saw that O_O

Regardless thank you and will try to have a fix ready.