Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

The way things are done here???

Post New Thread Reply   

Seke
Dark Knight
Old 02-11-2011 , 15:25   The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #1

Hello to you all
I will start by apologising for my english because this is not my first language and i will ocazionaly make mistakes.
I have been directed here by one of my friends because i ocazionaly like to get involved with modding tools and he said that this is the place for learning more...
After browsing through threads (because i like to know who is teaching me) i got to this http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=karma&page=30 and subsequently i got to this one http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=81916 and i really must ask.....is this the way things are handled here???

The way i see it is that this ComisarSS character criticised the way that plugin was made and after a discussion with the plugins creator they came to an understanding.
After the conflict was over the modders felt compelled to gang up on him because they felt that their Godlike status was somehow threatened.
It all starts with a little moderators abuse deleting his posts for reasons like "yawn" end ending with all moderators and team members involved in the discussion assaulting him with offensive words like "chill the fuck out" , "HEY DUMBASS!!I BANNED YOU, NOT GREENTRYST",
The team's posts reek of self-importance and self-absorbed demagogy, patting each other on the back in the process.
While he admits the team jobs is obviously important he states that administrators jobs is important too but the gang states that their job is vital and administrator's job can be done by an monky.
Team members who don't even care about the game (and implicitly the subject at hand) like Hawk552 are allowed to spam the thread and offend the user.

Hawk552 and Xor actually post after they see that he's banned telling everyone that he lost the disscution and left, hahahaha.
How lame is that?
They go on having ad-hoc psychoanalytic breakthroughs explaining to him what he realy thinks and how his life really is.
Xor is actually funny because he states that (even though he's apparently married) ComisarSS's life is pathetic and sad because he is an administrator for hours every day but then Xor goes on telling his story about how he spends his whole life between playing and programming (and from what i can see on this forum he is not lieing).
Way to go Xor
I will patiently wait the administrators answer and if i get directly banned i will take it as another way of answering (the Allied Modders way of answering ).

Last edited by Seke; 02-11-2011 at 15:28.
Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 02-11-2011 , 15:36   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #2

What's the point of this thread?
vaan123
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2011 , 16:06   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #3

I see bot people....

Send a message via MSN to vaan123 Send a message via Yahoo to vaan123 Send a message via Skype™ to vaan123
Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 02-11-2011 , 16:08   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #4

You clearly need to talk more to humans.
fang
Old 02-11-2011 , 16:15   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #5

Frankly he deserved to be banned. Here's why

a) Off topic in a plugin thread
b) Flaming plugin authors for CONTRIBUTING TO THE COMMUNITY
c) Wasting time of moderators and other users

Why does Greentryst delete the posts with "Yawn" as the reason?

Sorry, but do you know how annoying it is to type in the reason for EVERY SINGLE post that was deleted? If there is a clear and obvious reason as to why they were deleted then you shouldn't have the need to question it.

On top of that, the posts were cataloged in xOR's response thread to him.

Towards your argument as to why hawk or other staff members can insult such users:

They are staff members for a reason. They worked their way to their positions and therefore do have a higher authority than other users in the say of administrating the forums. If the user truly is a total moron, then what's to stop them from being angered at his/her ignorance?

Honestly if you have an issue with the way a forum is run, you shouldn't be here. Users are banned for creating issues within the community. If banning someone prior to another incident is necessary then it will happen. So it doesn't matter whether you are fluent in english or not, you just lack in understanding that forums aren't a free for all. There are rules and there are necessary actions. It's up to the people who have been running this community for years to decide, not you.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2011 , 17:48   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #6

Some are worse than others just like in real life. There are still many people here who are able and willing to help. You can also learn a lot without participating in the chatter at all as there is an abundant amount of scripting resources here.
Old 02-11-2011 , 17:54   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Frankly he deserved to be banned. Here's why

a) Off topic in a plugin thread
b) Flaming plugin authors for CONTRIBUTING TO THE COMMUNITY
c) Wasting time of moderators and other users

Why does Greentryst delete the posts with "Yawn" as the reason?

Sorry, but do you know how annoying it is to type in the reason for EVERY SINGLE post that was deleted? If there is a clear and obvious reason as to why they were deleted then you shouldn't have the need to question it.

On top of that, the posts were cataloged in xOR's response thread to him.

Towards your argument as to why hawk or other staff members can insult such users:

They are staff members for a reason. They worked their way to their positions and therefore do have a higher authority than other users in the say of administrating the forums. If the user truly is a total moron, then what's to stop them from being angered at his/her ignorance?

Honestly if you have an issue with the way a forum is run, you shouldn't be here. Users are banned for creating issues within the community. If banning someone prior to another incident is necessary then it will happen. So it doesn't matter whether you are fluent in english or not, you just lack in understanding that forums aren't a free for all. There are rules and there are necessary actions. It's up to the people who have been running this community for years to decide, not you.
No, he did not deserved and here's why:
As i understand it the topic itself was in fact over and all his done was defend himself.
Flaming is not synonymous with criticising and if you use flaming as a ban reason everytime you are criticised you are just a coward hiding behind the staff position.
Wasting time of moderators ?
I smell brown nosing...
He only posted "Yawn" as a reason at his post, other posts have been deleted but his was the only one with "Yawn".
Don't post your opinions if you don't know the facts.
So, if you have a "higher authority' you can say and do whatever you want is that it?
Rules do not apply to you and even if you are suposebly a role model for other users in fact now that you can and you have the power and immunity to the rules you will do whatever you want, insulting, abusing, doing everything you couldn't do when you were just a user.
It's that how it works?
"Forums aren't a free for all"
Forums are free just for people who agree with the staff?
Rules are rules but i never saw him breaking any, i only see the people who suppose to lead by example breaking them.
Even you are insulting him for no reason even though he never did anything to you and he can't be here to defend himself only because you know you will never be punished as long as you allye yourself with the staff when you do that.
Look, i don't really care about ComisarSS's problems with that plugin but it doesn't make him less right, all staff members were abusing their power in that thread displaying a mob mentality reflecting that you don't have to be right or civilised or even human to be part of the team, you just have to be part of the staff..
My question however was to the main administrators and is quite simple actually:
Is this the site policy?
I just want to know if i will join this community that's all.
I don't think of myself as God's gift to this site or as a great acquisition, i am just a simple user.
I hate abusers in any community and i don't want to join such a community.

Last edited by Seke; 02-11-2011 at 18:07.
fang
Old 02-11-2011 , 18:17   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Aight just done testing the plugin
-in my opinion this plugin is useless
Blatantly posting in a plugin's thread that it's absolutely useless isn't exactly criticism. I understand he listed facts but calling someone's work useless isn't exactly the way to go to get a good response.

Quote:
Don't post your opinions if you don't know the facts.
Then why don't you ask him yourself? I'm sure he'll give a similar answer to mine as I moderate my own forums and I don't always leave a reason when clearing out threads.

Quote:
Forums are free just for people who agree with the staff?
No, forums aren't free at all. They're places where you may discuss relevant information. You can't go into a random thread and go off at a tangent or randomly insult people. If there is reasoning then sure. I get it. But as I said above, just going in and saying something is useless is not the way to go. Nor is speaking about things that have been suggested in something that isn't meant to do those things.

An aimbot detection plugin is for detecting aimbot. Not taking screenshots, not for suggesting new plugins, and most definitely not for unhelpful criticism.

Quote:
Even you are insulting him for no reason even though he never did anything to you and he can't be here to defend himself only because you know you will never be punished as long as you allye yourself with the staff when you do that.
I couldn't give a damn if I insulted a staff member if there was a reason to do so. However you have no grounds to do so on something as old as an argument that resulted in a ban that happened like two months ago.

I'm posting because you don't seem to understand the mechanics of how a community forum works. If a user is found to be a source of problems, they are generally removed. The admins work so in order to maintain the site.

Greentryst said he did some research and found the user to be an annoyance on other forums and decided it would be best to ban the user. If it is the case, then what else can you argue? It's not abuse if it's been researched and is meant to safeguard the forums.
Seke
Dark Knight
Old 02-11-2011 , 19:14   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Blatantly posting in a plugin's thread that it's absolutely useless isn't exactly criticism. I understand he listed facts but calling someone's work useless isn't exactly the way to go to get a good response.

Then why don't you ask him yourself? I'm sure he'll give a similar answer to mine as I moderate my own forums and I don't always leave a reason when clearing out threads.

No, forums aren't free at all. They're places where you may discuss relevant information. You can't go into a random thread and go off at a tangent or randomly insult people. If there is reasoning then sure. I get it. But as I said above, just going in and saying something is useless is not the way to go. Nor is speaking about things that have been suggested in something that isn't meant to do those things.

An aimbot detection plugin is for detecting aimbot. Not taking screenshots, not for suggesting new plugins, and most definitely not for unhelpful criticism.

I couldn't give a damn if I insulted a staff member if there was a reason to do so. However you have no grounds to do so on something as old as an argument that resulted in a ban that happened like two months ago.

I'm posting because you don't seem to understand the mechanics of how a community forum works. If a user is found to be a source of problems, they are generally removed. The admins work so in order to maintain the site.

Greentryst said he did some research and found the user to be an annoyance on other forums and decided it would be best to ban the user. If it is the case, then what else can you argue? It's not abuse if it's been researched and is meant to safeguard the forums.

Calling a plugin "useless" from his point of view is not insulting if he listed the facts, maybe it was usless for him at that stage.
If the plugin did in fact not work i don't think he could call it useful do you?
At any rate, from what i can gather the problem was not the fact that he criticised the plugin the problem was that he dared to criticise a team member.

"Then why don't you ask him yourself? I'm sure he'll give a similar answer to mine as I moderate my own forums and I don't always leave a reason when clearing out threads."
Well he left a reason, the reason space was not blank, don't look for excuses for him because he doesn't seem to care.

"No, forums aren't free at all. They're places where you may discuss relevant information. You can't go into a random thread and go off at a tangent or randomly insult people. If there is reasoning then sure. I get it. But as I said above, just going in and saying something is useless is not the way to go"

Yes, they are free, maybe this one is not (i don't know yet) but most forums have reasonable rules and everyone obeys them.

"An aimbot detection plugin is for detecting aimbot. Not taking screenshots, not for suggesting new plugins"

What are you talking about?
I don't see him asking that.

"I couldn't give a damn if I insulted a staff member if there was a reason to do so"
Are you sure?

"However you have no grounds to do so on something as old as an argument that resulted in a ban that happened like two months ago."
Now i insulted people? hahahha

"I'm posting because you don't seem to understand the mechanics of how a community forum works."
Don't patronize me, you dont know anything about me and i did not assume anything about you.
You don't know me or what i do or don't understand about "the mechanics of how a community forum works".

"If a user is found to be a source of problems, they are generally removed"
So your ideea about a society is "If anyone questions the government of that society should be taken in out back and shoot"
That's a familiar policy in europe, and not only there

Greentryst clearly lied,he needed a reason and he invented one, he was even asked to post those links but mom was the word.
Pretty silly for you to believe such an an obvious lie
How i the hell could he know what was said in those forums if he did not understand the language?hahaha

Last edited by Seke; 02-11-2011 at 19:25.
fang
Old 02-11-2011 , 19:42   Re: The way things are done here???
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Hawk552 and Xor actually post after they see that he's banned telling everyone that he lost the disscution and left, hahahaha.
How lame is that?
They go on having ad-hoc psychoanalytic breakthroughs explaining to him what he realy thinks and how his life really is.
Xor is actually funny because he states that (even though he's apparently married) ComisarSS's life is pathetic and sad because he is an administrator for hours every day but then Xor goes on telling his story about how he spends his whole life between playing and programming (and from what i can see on this forum he is not lieing).
Way to go Xor
Perhaps it's just because you're not 100% fluent in English. However that phrasing can be taken as sarcastic and insulting.

Quote:
"If a user is found to be a source of problems, they are generally removed"
So your ideea about a society is "If anyone questions the government of that society should be taken in out back and shoot"
That's a familiar policy in europe, and not only there
Welcome to the Internet where things can't be related to real life situations. It's a forum, not real life. If you have to take someone out they're not going to die. They're not going to suddenly lose all access to the world around them.

In your view you might as well never ban anyone or deal with problems then. I don't relate my views on society to forums because they don't work the same way.

Quote:
Pretty silly for you to believe such an an obvious lie
And if it wasn't a lie? Or perhaps we don't have things called translators anymore. Maybe Google doesn't exist. Can't be translating pages now can we? Or how do you know Greentryst ISN'T Romanian?