Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 Can somebody explain to me how health formulas work?

Post New Thread Reply   

Rise
Old 01-13-2021 , 13:51   Can somebody explain to me how health formulas work?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm making this thread because I couldn't find other threads asking this question. For every boss I've made I have used the default health formula because I have no idea how these work. Is there some sort of calculator or something I can use to get an idea of what the boss HP would be in-game?.
J0BL3SS
Old 01-13-2021 , 15:07   Re: Can somebody explain to me how health formulas work?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise View Post
I'm making this thread because I couldn't find other threads asking this question. For every boss I've made I have used the default health formula because I have no idea how these work. Is there some sort of calculator or something I can use to get an idea of what the boss HP would be in-game?.
You can actually make any health formula you want.
n = Player Count (including the boss)
^ = It's taking the exponent of a number value. (5^2 = 25), (5^1.06 = 5.5069128628766009)
For Example:

Yes, it doesn't look like a formula, but it's a fixed health formula. For another example:

(((((1000+((n*2)-2)))*(n*1.13))^1.04)+2031)/1.4
Yes, even if it looks a little complicated, it is up to you to create the most balanced health formula possible.

1000*n
Maybe it's the simplest thing that could happen and I don't know if it's balanced. It gives 1000 Health for per player basically. Hope you understand somethings.
My Discord Name: J0BL3SS#5320 | j0bl3ss

I don't really look at steam or alliedmodders, contact me from discord if you need it.

Last edited by J0BL3SS; 01-13-2021 at 15:09. Reason: Fix
Rise
Old 01-13-2021 , 16:07   Re: Can somebody explain to me how health formulas work?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0BL3SS View Post
Yes, it doesn't look like a formula, but it's a fixed health formula.
Those tend to be annoying to play against if play on a server with few players. I remember my first version of Xyro (before the one I released recently) having a 10000 health formula or something like that.
The Great Weegee
Old 01-15-2021 , 05:17   Re: Can somebody explain to me how health formulas work?
Reply With Quote #4

Engineer calculators that do actions like making an exponent exist, so if you want to check how does it work - search for them, I suppose. I also wrote a small tool on Pascal, based on my previous co-owner thing to get a grasp what values should I get in the end with setting different numbers into basic formula value. Might publish it later, though.