Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(

Post New Thread Reply   

theuser
Old 07-17-2020 , 03:44   Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(
Reply With Quote #1

hello, i cant compile xredirect with amxmod1.9, what should i do ?

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 07-18-2020 , 07:27   Re: Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(
Reply With Quote #2

xredirect doesn't work anymore, so who cares?
If it still works for you you are eighter using non-steam or a bypass to make it work. Both are not supported here.

FR0NTLINE
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-25-2020 , 04:33   Re: Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(
Reply With Quote #3

Yea it quit working after a valve update some months back.
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2020 , 16:46   Re: Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR0NTLINE View Post
Just a little sidenote, it's been a few years already now.
Old 11-04-2020 , 20:08   Re: Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR0NTLINE View Post
Lol, there's other one that still working on steam. Previously I joined in one server then it redirect me to romanian server lol. I'm using steam version of cs that time. So, it just means it's working even valve updates it. Even amx_destroy is also working.
Old 11-05-2020 , 17:01   Re: Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nG_getwreck View Post
Lol, there's other one that still working on steam. Previously I joined in one server then it redirect me to romanian server lol. I'm using steam version of cs that time. So, it just means it's working even valve updates it.
That's probably one of those "spam" kind of plug-ins that just redirect everyone, usually used on fake game servers that show fake data (e.g. simulate as if players were playing there). They work like honeypots, gathering players clicking on them and sending them all to a specific server. That's exactly the kind of malicious activity that made Valve try to disable those redirections.

xREDIRECT was meant to redirect players by their explicit wish and with their consent - with the exception that only if a server is full it might redirect players to one of the other servers belonging to the same community. But in these cases players were not joining a fake server, just one that is currently full and they could then have themselves queued to be redirected back to the server they want to as soon as a slot is free there and play on the alternative server while waiting.

Those "spam redirection" plug-ins mentioned before are exactly the kind of malicious activity why Valve tried to disable this kind of redirection. I say "tried" because Valve unintentionally left backdoors open, causing a situation where legitimate plug-ins like xREDIRECT stopped working but malicious plug-ins are of course simply using these backdoors. So not only did Valve fail to achieve the original objective but in the process they killed the legitimate cases where redirection was not done in a malicious way (mostly a guy called "Alfred" from Valve did those updates).

When I tried to make xREDIRECT work again to also use the backdoor I've been warned that I may not do this, since it's going against the obvious intention that Valve has.

I don't agree with how Valve handled the situation (there would've been easy ways to achieve what they want in a better way but this suggestion has been open for 7 years now) and I am not happy with how mods here handled the situation either, but there's not much I can do about it, getting myself banned by keeping on releasing updated plug-ins using the backdoor would help nobody, so I basically retired work on this plug-in.
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2020 , 20:50   Re: Xredirect not compile with amxmodx 1.9 :(
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nG_getwreck View Post
Lol, there's other one that still working on steam. Previously I joined in one server then it redirect me to romanian server lol. I'm using steam version of cs that time. So, it just means it's working even valve updates it. Even amx_destroy is also working.
of course there is a way to make the plugin work, people always come with a way to bypass, but steam blocked, so even if there is a way, its illegal, and we are not gonna tell how