Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

tf2items not working after today's update

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 07-13-2013 , 01:31   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Not asking for you to add this anytime soon Asherkin, especially with the current active problems, however, can you please enlighten me the story of not being able to change weapon classnames? I was talking to Sarge a while back about it and he said something about you creating something for it? I barely remember the conversation.

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 07-13-2013 at 01:32.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-13-2013 , 09:18   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

The latest binaries at http://builds.limetech.org/?project=tf2items have some experimental changes that might work, I can't test them myself at the moment, they could crash horribly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison View Post
Not asking for you to add this anytime soon Asherkin, especially with the current active problems, however, can you please enlighten me the story of not being able to change weapon classnames? I was talking to Sarge a while back about it and he said something about you creating something for it? I barely remember the conversation.
Changing the classname should work fine, if it doesn't, I don't have a clue why.
Old 07-13-2013 , 10:59   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The latest binaries at http://builds.limetech.org/?project=tf2items have some experimental changes that might work, I can't test them myself at the moment, they could crash horribly.
Using it now (1.5.3-hg244). So far so good. Only tested it with Give Weapons and BeHHH so far. Using latest 1.5 snapshot ##55. Also had no problems using your earlier release with 1.5 snapshot ##44, so others experience may vary.

Thank you asherkin!

Last edited by Pickles47; 07-13-2013 at 11:02.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-13-2013 , 11:31   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles47 View Post
Using it now (1.5.3-hg244). So far so good. Only tested it with Give Weapons and BeHHH so far. Using latest 1.5 snapshot ##55. Also had no problems using your earlier release with 1.5 snapshot ##44, so others experience may vary.

Thank you asherkin!
The only issue with the current release is that you cannot remove attributes from items, that what the development version is trying to fix.
Old 07-13-2013 , 13:04   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Unfortunately my plans got throw into a blender and I'm away from home from the weekend, and thus don't have access to my regular tooling.

I'll still be working on it as and when I can, but at least the finishing touches might have to wait a bit longer than planned, sorry.

Thanks for the support everyone, with TF2Items being the first thing I released over 3 years ago now (and my first time writing C++ !), it's nice to know people still care about it.
Thanks for the work, sir.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2013 , 16:50   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
The only issue with the current release is that you cannot remove attributes from items, that what the development version is trying to fix.
I tested it out on my server, it's not crashing like it was, but server still occasionally crashed.

strange thing is, it only seems to crash IF the tf2items config is being used, as my tf2items config is 100.2 kb large.

but when I deleted every item configuration, and left only
"custom_weapons"
{

}

it no longer crashes.
Old 07-14-2013 , 22:14   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

any news update tf2itens?
prom3th3an
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-15-2013 , 15:55   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Hi Asherkin,

I was the guy who reported the issue regarding the YER and Headtaker (IE: The removing attributes issue) on IRC. I have just tested build 1.5.3-hg244 of TF2Items and it is still impossible to remove attributes from an item. Adding and modifying of existing attributes appears to work fine.

If there is anything I can do to help expedite the process of narrowing down this bug let me know, cheers for attempting to fix it so quickly.

Last edited by prom3th3an; 07-15-2013 at 15:56.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 07-15-2013 , 18:51   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

Quote:
Changing the classname should work fine, if it doesn't, I don't have a clue why.
I was referring to overriding the classname in OnGiveNamedItem. For example: Changing Ullapool Caber (tf_weapon_stickbomb) to Bottle (tf_weapon_bottle) will delete the weapon.
WebNoob
Old 07-15-2013 , 19:53   Re: tf2items not working after today's update

I know that TF2 items is still being worked on since the update, but is there any particular reason it would be causing crashes when a server enters sudden death mode (with melee). I'm referring to the server cvar, not another plugin.

I ask only because since Friday's update, the only server I'm having an issue with is also the only one I'm running TF2 items on (used with the "No Unlocks" plugin), and it only seems to crash when a round goes to sudden death.
Closed Thread