Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister

Post New Thread Reply   

Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2008 , 11:32   [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #1

Someone posted some this info on this subject here:

Is it possible to use some of that info to make an SM plugin to allow TF2 servers with >24 players still get listed on the VALVe server browser?
Old 01-19-2008 , 15:47   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #2

I still see >24 slot servers in the server browser. Do you mean TF'2 in-game server browser?
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-19-2008 , 17:15   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #3

there is an addon that does this, i use it, i think what he is asking for is for it to be converted to a sm plugin.

the source was here http://bacon.surpasshosting.com/susp...showtopic=1768
but someone seems to have neglected to pay the bills. lol
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2008 , 17:18   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Llama View Post
I still see >24 slot servers in the server browser. Do you mean TF'2 in-game server browser?
My host has upped my slots to 25 for when I run a specific plugin to allocate an additional slot : when I do this VALVe stops the server from being displayed in their browser.

The servers that are showing >24 slots in the server browser are using a plugin to bypass VALVe's delister : this is easy for Windoze servers and not so easy for Linux servers and requires the server host's compliance.

I'm asking if it's possible for a bypass for this to be created in SM.
Old 01-19-2008 , 18:29   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #5

I really highly doubt it's possible. You have to have a hacked engine.dll file which hooks the section that reports the max players and change the value. You can get them at the 3-pg.com forums, I believe.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-19-2008 , 23:54   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #6

and for linux, it's a .so file in your orangebox/bin folder, and you need to modify your srcds_run script.
We recently got our own server, so I sometimes forget that many admins won't have access to their server dlls or access to folders higher than their modname folder.
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2008 , 00:35   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #7

this is not possible with SourceMod but i think you should try requesting a mm:s plugin, metamod plugins might be able to hack the memory...
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2008 , 07:43   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #8

An all-in-one solution is now available : http://www.battlerealms.cc/forums/index.php?showtopic=1913

Old 02-16-2008 , 19:49   Re: [REQ] Plugin to bypass VALVe's >24 player TF2 server delister
Reply With Quote #9

wow - SourceOP ftw!