Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-12-2012 , 20:43   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2281

Tuesday probably.
Old 08-13-2012 , 05:28   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2282

Hello DarthNinja!
Very nice plugin you done, I like it. Keep up good work!

But I've got some questions about code:
1) Why you using 'new' instead of 'decl' in some strings/queries? (line 650, 653, 683...) If you would use decl, you'd not assign 0 to all elements the first statement, and overwrite them the next.
2) What the point of 'rank_pointmsg' cvar? With value 1 it would spam chat alot, I dont think someone using it. Client preferences (hidepoints) is enough
3) Why you using GetMaxClients, instead of better MaxClients? GMC will be deprecated in next release, and your plugin may be unapproved. Also look initonlineplayers(). It checks alot useless stuff, you may optimize it.
4) Line 4869-4877: ReplaceString is ok, but not as fast and safe as SQL_EscapeString. It escapes all unsafe symbols defined by the db engine.
5) Line 610-611. AutoExecConfig twice, wtf?
6) Line 632 - ServerCommand say? Use PrintToServer instead

Recommendations:
-Translations & Colors!
-Add #pragma semicolon 1 and some commentaries to the source code, it would help to learn code much!
-Not sure if its good, but I say: TF2 support only 33 players on a server (or 34, not sure) but SourceMod's MAXPLAYERS support 65
You can #define TF_MAXPLAYERS 33 and use it, instead of MAXPLAYERS

Thats all
Waiting for updats

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot

Last edited by Root_; 08-13-2012 at 05:38.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-14-2012 , 01:23   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2283

I'm aware of all of these problems. None of them are my doing but are inherited from the original author.

See also my recent post where I mentioned that 98% of the existing code will be trashed in favor of a complete rewrite.
This is however, still on the drawing board.

The new version will not share the current (terrible) database design, so legacy data will not initially be compatible with the new layout.
Old 08-17-2012 , 17:48   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2284

just a little question guys, i've been trying to get working porperly this mod, since my webservice doesnt allow to remote mysql connections i've decided to create a mysql database on freemysql web page... right now my gameserver are conecting properly to that database (there's actually statistical data sent to the db) but webservice still gives error message

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 110 in /home/tadriw/public_html/tf2stats/inc/dbconnect.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/tadriw/public_html/tf2stats/inc/dbconnect.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/tadriw/public_html/tf2stats/inc/dbconnect.php on line 5

etc etc etc on each line
i guess this is about bad db info settings (host, username, password, dbname) but its strange since gameserver is conecting properly to database, maybe i need to set aditional stuff since mysql is hosted on a external host different from webservice host?

here is aditional info

database.cfg (working properly)

"tf2stats"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "http://sql09.freemysql.net"
"database" "testtfstats2"
"user" "gunner"
"pass" "passtest"
//"timeout" "0"
"port" "3306"
}

settings.php (the one with error)

$mysql_server = "http://sql09.freemysql.net";
$mysql_user = "gunner";
$mysql_password = "passtest";
$mysql_database = "testtfstats2";

so, maybe the problem is because webserver (xxx) and gameserver (yyy) are both different from mysql address (zzz) and thats why its giving the 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Last edited by gunnersslash; 08-17-2012 at 18:16.
umekemesik
Old 08-18-2012 , 07:44   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2285

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnersslash View Post
just a little question guys, i've been trying to get working porperly this mod, since my webservice doesnt allow to remote mysql connections i've decided to create a mysql database on freemysql web page... right now my gameserver are conecting properly to that database (there's actually statistical data sent to the db) but webservice still gives error message

i guess this is about bad db info settings (host, username, password, dbname) but its strange since gameserver is conecting properly to database, maybe i need to set aditional stuff since mysql is hosted on a external host different from webservice host?

here is aditional info

database.cfg (working properly)

"tf2stats"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "http://sql09.freemysql.net"
"database" "testtfstats2"
"user" "gunner"
"pass" "passtest"
//"timeout" "0"
"port" "3306"
}

settings.php (the one with error)

$mysql_server = "http://sql09.freemysql.net";
$mysql_user = "gunner";
$mysql_password = "passtest";
$mysql_database = "testtfstats2";

so, maybe the problem is because webserver (xxx) and gameserver (yyy) are both different from mysql address (zzz) and thats why its giving the 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Hope you change your password, lol.

Anyway, try using the ip 208.11.220.249 (that is yours) for the database.cfg, although it should work with the URL.

Second, your php settings should read
$mysql_server = "localhost";

NOT the url or IP.

Finally, you need to make sure the IP's can remote access. Usually in the control panel of your website there is an an option that says "remote sql". You need to whitelist your inbound and outbound IP address.

I am not sure if you are renting at gameservers but if you are the guide is wrong. The guide says you need the outbound IP, I had to have both IP's white listed so it could work.

More importantly, my stats are no longer updating on the website so there may be an error in the MvM update, I will ask.
umekemesik
Old 08-18-2012 , 07:45   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2286

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
I'm aware of all of these problems. None of them are my doing but are inherited from the original author.

See also my recent post where I mentioned that 98% of the existing code will be trashed in favor of a complete rewrite.
This is however, still on the drawing board.

The new version will not share the current (terrible) database design, so legacy data will not initially be compatible with the new layout.
Dude, my stats are no longer updating on my website since the MvM update....any ideas what to do? The plugin in game is retested but the tf2stats says "no online players and still has the old stats.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2012 , 07:54   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2287

L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:17: SourceMod error session started
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:17: Info (map "mvm_decoy") (file "errors_20120817.log")
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:17: [SM] Native "IsClientInGame" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:17: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_Stats.smx":
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:17: [SM] [0] Line 4262, C:\sourcemod-1.4.1-release\TF2_Stats.sp::Command_Say()
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:24: [SM] Native "IsClientInGame" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:24: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_Stats.smx":
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:24: [SM] [0] Line 4262, C:\sourcemod-1.4.1-release\TF2_Stats.sp::Command_Say()
L 08/17/2012 - 21:52:29: Error log file session closed.
ColonelCheru
Old 08-19-2012 , 03:24   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2288

As of the MvM update, the only issue I've encountered with this plugin is when you type in !top10 and then hit 9 for more stats it crashes the server. :'D
Old 08-19-2012 , 04:34   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelCheru View Post
As of the MvM update, the only issue I've encountered with this plugin is when you type in !top10 and then hit 9 for more stats it crashes the server. :'D
But do you have webstats enabled? I'm not sure why web stats is not working/updating anymore. I have changed nothing since before the MvM update.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 04:46   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.0.0]
Reply With Quote #2290

Seeing another new weapon being logged now too the last couple of days.

Code:
L 08/18/2012 - 19:22:49: [TF2_Stats.smx] Weapon: awper_hand
- Lob (UK)