v1.6.000
Plugin Category:
Admin Commands
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Silencing/Muting/Gagging/Naming players across multiple servers using a database
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    The webinterface contains serious security holes; not escaping input data at all; unapproved until fixed
    Old 11-23-2008 , 23:08   Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
    Reply With Quote #1

Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across multiple servers

What does it do?
    It permanently mutes/gags and silences players.
    If they decide to change their name to reflect their unhappiness, then you can rename them permanently.

This plugin is intended for admins and server ops running many Source servers and have access to a MYSQL/PHP/Web server.

If you simply need a plugin for a single server, then you should use FLOOR_MASTER's version.

This plugin provides two levels of muting/gagging/silencing: temporary and permanent. Temporary only lasts for the duration of a map, or the player's connection. Permanent affects all servers in your community and lasts until an admin removes it.

Players that are gagged or silenced are also prevented from using/spamming the voicemenu.

Examples of Websites:
    TheVilluns.Org

Additional Requirements

Web Server

MYSQL 5.0+
    PHP 5.0+

Source Dedicated Server
    MetaMod
    SourceMod 1.2+

Installation
    Web Interface
    • Create a new SQL database, and make note of the database name, the database username, the database password and the database hostname.
    • Unzip commstools from the Web Server folder onto your desktop and edit:
      • include/config.php
        adding all the database data, any email data and the name of your community
    • Upload all the contents of commstools from the zip file to your web server where you want CommsTools installed.
    • Using commstools.sql, import the MYSQL data into your new database (using phpmyadmin)
    • Check it is all working by going to http://www.yourdomain.com/commstools and log in as Adminstrator, password Administrator.
      Go to the Admin center and create a new user, then give them level 9 Admin. Usernames and passwords must be longer than six characters. Then delete the Administrator user.
    Updating from previous version
    Backup the folder before copying over the new files.
    Watch that you don't over write your config files.
    Import the 'update_commsdb.sql'

Game Server
    • Edit your addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg file and add a new section:

Code:
          "commsdb"
          {
              "driver"            "mysql"
              "host"            ""
              "database"            ""
              "user"            ""
              "pass"            ""
              //"timeout"            "0"
              "port"            "3306"
          }
      filling in the information with all the database data.
    • Upload commstools.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins folder
    • Move basecomm.smx to the disabled folder
    • Add sm_commstools_msg "See yourdomain.com for details" to server.cfg
    • Restart the server and check for any errors in the logs
    Web Interface
    The web interface has nine levels of admin. Level 9 admins have full access. Level 3 can edit database entries but cannot delete them.
    Other levels are not used, yet.

To change a player's mute/gag status, simply click the icon and it will change.

The banner is located in the commstools/images and is called logo02.jpg. It is an 800x100 image.

The rename interface is similar:

Game Server Interface
    This plugin replaces basecomms.smx from the main SourceMod package. It incorporates a good part of that plugin to allow temporary muting/gagging and silencing. Temporary means that the player to disconnect and reconnect to unmute themselves, or they can also become unmuted at the end of a map.
    Unlike SourceBans, I do not have provision for timed temporary muting/gagging/silencing, yet. It is not as easy to do, but I may look at it for a future upgrade.

Commands
    • sm_pmute <#userid|name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to use voice. Toggle.
    • sm_pgag <#userid|name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to use chat and voicemenu. Toggle.
    • sm_psilence <#userid|name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to use voice, voicemenu and chat. Toggle.
    • sm_pname <#userid|name> <name> - Permanently removes a player's ability to rename themselves. Toggle.
    And of course, because it incorporates part of basecomms, it also has the SM commands: sm_mute, sm_gag and sm_silence for temporary comms control.

If they leave the server, permanent rename selects a new name for them when they rejoin.

Credits
    FLOOR_MASTER for the initial idea
    AlliedModders, as ever...

Changelog
    Version 1.0.106
    Released

Version 1.0.107
    - No longer checks bots!
    + Now uses threaded SQL calls
    + Fixed a bug where apostrophes in hostnames would prevent data being uploaded to DB

Version 1.0.108
    + Added support for Insurgency
    + Fixed Administrator password

Version 1.0.109
    + Add voicemenu chat spam to silence command
    + Fixed a bug with common translations

Version 1.0.110
    Fixed authentication method for VALVe's new Steam IDs

Version 1.6.000

+ Added 'Reason' to Web interface and server plugin
    + Included permanent rename plugin
    + Added search function to web interface
    + Fixed bug where STEAM_0:2xxxxxxx numbers gave the wrong community link
    + Added message so that server ops can let muted/gagged/silenced players know where to contact an admin for help
    + Added a message that tells a player they have been permanently muted
    + Fixed bug where admin could gag themselves
    + Added redirects for all CStrike/DoDS voice commands so that a gagged/silenced player cannot spam voice
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_commstools.sp - 2500 views - 31.9 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_rename.sp - 2195 views - 12.3 KB)

Last edited by strontiumdog; 12-13-2012 at 10:21.
    DontWannaName
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-24-2008 , 02:02   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #2

It would be really cool if this was integrated into SourceBans since it has a similar purpose. I only get 1 database with NFO and I get tons with GoDaddy but godaddy blocks connection from the gameserver, I havent tested mysql but webservers do. Just an idea, I know you arent in Sourcebans but in all in one software would be really cool. Why cant SM store databases on the gameserver like Mani did, kept it simple for users even if mysql is better.

Last edited by DontWannaName; 11-24-2008 at 04:01.
    strontiumdog
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-24-2008 , 11:02   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
    It would be really cool if this was integrated into SourceBans since it has a similar purpose. I only get 1 database with NFO...
    Theoretically, you could import the MYSQL file into the SourceBans database and change commstools/include/config.php on the web server and configs/database.cfg commsdb entry on the game server to include the SourceBans info. It uses different table names so it should import just fine.
    FlyingMongoose
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-24-2008 , 03:08   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #4

SourceBans 2.0 will have a more extensible plugin API including a web API, so functions like this will be much easier to implement for third parties.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
    zerak
    Old 11-24-2008 , 15:32   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #5

would be nice for temporary bans (mute etc) accross all servers
    strontiumdog
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-25-2008 , 01:41   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #6

Updated with a few bug fixes.
    Sgt-Mess
    Old 11-25-2008 , 19:10   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #7

If its gonna replace 'basecomm' can you add sm_ungag, sm_unmute, and sm_unsilence to avoid confusion with admins that are unaware of a trasition to a new plugin.

Last edited by Sgt-Mess; 11-26-2008 at 15:00.
    Send a message via AIM to Sgt-Mess
    blik
    Old 11-26-2008 , 14:35   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #8

I have a "basecomm" and "basecommands" - not a "basecomms" in the plugins directory. Which of these need disabled?
    Sgt-Mess
    Old 11-26-2008 , 14:59   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blik View Post
    I have a "basecomm" and "basecommands" - not a "basecomms" in the plugins directory. Which of these need disabled?
    'basecomm' you probably got confused reading my post.
    Old 11-26-2008 , 23:12   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing across servers
    Reply With Quote #10

OK...I've tried installing this three times now, but I keep receiving the same error. I install it fine, import the SQL to the database, but when I go to login using "Adminstrator", I keep getting this error:
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version

Name:	commserror.png
Views:	849
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	34113