Raised This Month: $89 Target: $400
 22% 

[L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots Control (1.0.0)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Edhmelus
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 04:20   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #21

Huge bug when playing with bots:

Players are assigned as bots and HAVE to spawn where the spawnpoints of the infected bots are, thus not letting you enter ghostmode and spawning you in areas only bots can move properly. fix please. I'll look up the old infected bots in the meanwhile.
Edhmelus is offline
mi123645
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 05:59   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
HELL. YEAH.

Well your 1.7.4 double tank spawning works with superversus 8-player coop on my two servers.
Oh good, I'm glad SuperVersus is compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post
Huge bug when playing with bots:

Players are assigned as bots and HAVE to spawn where the spawnpoints of the infected bots are, thus not letting you enter ghostmode and spawning you in areas only bots can move properly. fix please. I'll look up the old infected bots in the meanwhile.
That is actually intentional. I disallowed ghost spawning because it would give infected players too much of an advantage on adv/expert.

However, I will make a cvar that will allow versus style spawning.
mi123645 is offline
uriel18
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 11:19   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #23

This plugin doesnīt work fine for me.
The cfg file is always ignored. I have set max to 2 infecteds at once, and always appears 4.
And in coop mode special infecteds 4 by 4 are very frustrating.

Are there a way to fix it?
__________________
uriel18 is offline
lexantis
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CZ
Old 08-10-2009 , 12:00   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #24

frustrating? i dont think so, its how it was supposed to be

it is the reason of this plugin to make the coop mode nicer and more competitive. 4 players should handle 4 bots easily, if you dont, you will have to practice more

Last edited by lexantis; 08-10-2009 at 12:02.
lexantis is offline
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
uriel18
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 12:10   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #25

I donīt have to practice anything. We play on expert mode, and expert mode I think is enough hard.

We want to add 2 special infecteds to make it a little hard, a little, not impossible.

If the objective of the plugin is always have 4 special infecteds, why add then a cvar of Max special infected?

That cvar doesnīt work, if anybody know the answer post it, but please donīt post if you are agreed or disagreed with my ways of play.

Each person plays how he wants.
__________________
uriel18 is offline
TotenKopf
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 12:54   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #26

Personally I have to agree with lexantis...
I found out that 4 infected IS something that COOP has to have playing on expert.
It gives real feel about "being surrounded by zombies in enemy territory"...
I have also "tweaked" some settings, so now I have 4 infected on expert which are spawning every 15secs with ability to spawn 3 hunters at once. Basically - you have 2 infected at any given time chasing you (that is how it works - spawns 4, you kill - 1-2, and then while you are trying to take out another 1-2, another 1-2- spawns - AWESOME!)
REALLY HARD and it changes whole concept of the game. I.E. week or so ago - I was playing with my friends COOP "commando"-style - "point and shoot" - basically no tactics. 4 of us were spread very widely. Now yesterday - with this plugin onboard and settings I have describe above - we were forced to stick one to another no further than 2-3 meters. To complete campaign alive - we were moving very slowly defending agains infected specials and waves of infected themselves. Just defending against wave of common's and then slowly moving to another shelter to prepare to defend ourselves against another while constantly chased by specialls...
TotenKopf is offline
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 13:30   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #27

i have only one problem: when i play versuas and on the other teasm it's no one (everybody left/playing on my own) the safe room doors are always locked. i think this problem could be fixed with just spawning the infected outside the safe room. BUT they have to be frezeed untill the survivors go out the safe room.
LTR.2 is offline
uriel18
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 15:34   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotenKopf View Post
Personally I have to agree with lexantis...
I found out that 4 infected IS something that COOP has to have playing on expert.
It gives real feel about "being surrounded by zombies in enemy territory"...
I have also "tweaked" some settings, so now I have 4 infected on expert which are spawning every 15secs with ability to spawn 3 hunters at once. Basically - you have 2 infected at any given time chasing you (that is how it works - spawns 4, you kill - 1-2, and then while you are trying to take out another 1-2, another 1-2- spawns - AWESOME!)
REALLY HARD and it changes whole concept of the game. I.E. week or so ago - I was playing with my friends COOP "commando"-style - "point and shoot" - basically no tactics. 4 of us were spread very widely. Now yesterday - with this plugin onboard and settings I have describe above - we were forced to stick one to another no further than 2-3 meters. To complete campaign alive - we were moving very slowly defending agains infected specials and waves of infected themselves. Just defending against wave of common's and then slowly moving to another shelter to prepare to defend ourselves against another while constantly chased by specialls...
The point is that i ALWAYS have played in that way. Easy, normal, expert...no matter. Is the better way to play it.

People like you say, online , plays like counterstrike, running like crazys and trying to be the person with most kills. Itīs trash...

I always play like you in expert, but the point is i play in a lan with my brother, only 2 humans and 2 bots. And the bots, you know, are not the best clevers teammates to play with.
For that reason with 2 specials infecteds is enough. 2 specials-2 humans.

And, remember I said that please limit to give an answer to the possibilities of the plugin and let me play in my way.

I only want to know if this plugin can spawn 2 specials infected at once, ONLY 2, and not 4, or 534636363.
__________________
uriel18 is offline
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 15:52   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotenKopf View Post
Personally I have to agree with lexantis...
I found out that 4 infected IS something that COOP has to have playing on expert.
It gives real feel about "being surrounded by zombies in enemy territory"...
I have also "tweaked" some settings, so now I have 4 infected on expert which are spawning every 15secs with ability to spawn 3 hunters at once. Basically - you have 2 infected at any given time chasing you (that is how it works - spawns 4, you kill - 1-2, and then while you are trying to take out another 1-2, another 1-2- spawns - AWESOME!)
REALLY HARD and it changes whole concept of the game. I.E. week or so ago - I was playing with my friends COOP "commando"-style - "point and shoot" - basically no tactics. 4 of us were spread very widely. Now yesterday - with this plugin onboard and settings I have describe above - we were forced to stick one to another no further than 2-3 meters. To complete campaign alive - we were moving very slowly defending agains infected specials and waves of infected themselves. Just defending against wave of common's and then slowly moving to another shelter to prepare to defend ourselves against another while constantly chased by specialls...
it's supossed to be all together, it's the objetive of the game doesn't?
LTR.2 is offline
mi123645
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:04   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel18 View Post
This plugin doesnīt work fine for me.
The cfg file is always ignored. I have set max to 2 infecteds at once, and always appears 4.
And in coop mode special infecteds 4 by 4 are very frustrating.

Are there a way to fix it?
There is a bug that prevents the value of l4d_infectedbots_max_player_zombies from setting itself correctly when the server first starts up. You may have to set it manually, or restart the map or change it.
mi123645 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode