Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Server ID?

Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2014 , 14:19   Re: Server ID?
Reply With Quote #61

If your sourceban's page is a subdomain(ex: bans.<domain here>) then ya, if it's just a folder inside of your webroot's folder(ex: <domain here>/bans) then just the bits of logs that are about sourcebans(php errors regarding sourcebans, access logs(with ips except from gameserver filtered)
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-10-2014 , 10:43   Re: Server ID?
Reply With Quote #62

The gameserver -> database connection doesn't have anything to do with the webpanel -> gameserver connection. The important part is the gameserver -> database connection to get the bans and admins working. This looks fine in your install!

The webpanel -> gameserver connection is only used for displaying information on the fly or some advanced features like kicking players directly from the gameserver with a click on the webpanel. So it's not crucial for sourcebans to work correctly.
To get that working, you'll have to ask your webhost to allow connections from your gameserver's port (default 27015).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old SourceBans FAQ
Which ports does the SourceBans webpanel require to be open?

If your web panel shows Error Connecting for your game server when it is actually online,
ask your web host to open UDP incoming from your game server port (usually 27015).

If either the RCON console, Admin Rehashing or Kick-It does not work on your web panel,
ask your web host to open TCP outgoing to your game server port (usually 27015).

Use this small testing script to get more detailed debugging information. Open the php file and add your gameserver's ip and port as described in the comments.

You should always check beforehand, if your gameserver banned your webserver's ip with listip in rcon. Remove it from the banned_ip.cfg and removeip IP via rcon.
You can find that debug script over here.
Old 03-10-2014 , 20:55   Re: Server ID?
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
The gameserver -> database connection doesn't have anything to do with the webpanel -> gameserver connection. The important part is the gameserver -> database connection to get the bans and admins working. This looks fine in your install!

The webpanel -> gameserver connection is only used for displaying information on the fly or some advanced features like kicking players directly from the gameserver with a click on the webpanel. So it's not crucial for sourcebans to work correctly.
To get that working, you'll have to ask your webhost to allow connections from your gameserver's port (default 27015).

You can find that debug script over here.
Thanks for that info I will look into this tomorrow
midnight9
Old 03-18-2014 , 16:58   Re: Server ID?
Reply With Quote #64

Sorry for using this thread, but didnt want to create new one. So im thinking about ordering VPS/VDS and runing forked servers. As far as i understand forked means multiple servers use same files, and here's my question, how do i set up server ID when i run forked servers?