Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Crazy Jet

Post New Thread Reply   

rodrigo286
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2014 , 16:24   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #11

NEW VERSION RELEASED, FIRST POST UPDATED !!!

Version 1.0.2 - Beta
  • Soft fly
  • cvars
  • Clean code
  • Particles/Condition effects
  • Support custom fly sounds
  • Code organized with includes
  • Counter-Strike Source Support added (alpha)

-=§ CHANGELOG §=-
Spoiler

CZSBrasil TEAM
dotexe
Old 02-23-2014 , 01:36   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #12

Compilation error for TF2 version:
cannot read from file: "crazy_jet/effects"
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2014 , 02:06   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotexe View Post
Compilation error for TF2 version:
cannot read from file: "crazy_jet/effects"
That file is located within cjet_Server.zip attached to the OP.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-26-2014 , 04:38   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #14

I've just tried out your plugin and I enjoy using it. Though I do have a few suggestions.

1. Is there a way you can make the jetpack feeling more natural? Like this one: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=488779

Youtube video:
http://youtu.be/zN-nNnx2Pgk

It makes the jetpack more realistic, rather than jumping / hopping forward & up.

2. Can a cvar be made to delay the jetpack when holding the mouse button? When I'm jumping at the moment, it uses the jetpack right away.. Even for a normal 0.1 second space jump. This makes the force cvar having a major impact on jumping alone.

Last edited by Skyrider; 02-26-2014 at 04:52.
Send a message via AIM to Skyrider Send a message via MSN to Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to Skyrider
rodrigo286
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2014 , 09:50   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
I've just tried out your plugin and I enjoy using it. Though I do have a few suggestions.

1. Is there a way you can make the jetpack feeling more natural? Like this one: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=488779

Youtube video:
http://youtu.be/zN-nNnx2Pgk

It makes the jetpack more realistic, rather than jumping / hopping forward & up.

2. Can a cvar be made to delay the jetpack when holding the mouse button? When I'm jumping at the moment, it uses the jetpack right away.. Even for a normal 0.1 second space jump. This makes the force cvar having a major impact on jumping alone.
You need a cvar to delay fly, for jump and after fly?

Thanks.

CZSBrasil TEAM
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-26-2014 , 10:14   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #16

Ya. So space acts as normal jump. While holding it longer, it'll use jetpack. Or having cvar options would be good as well to prefer which you wish to use for jetpack. eg: Holding space, binding a key, etc.

Last edited by Skyrider; 02-26-2014 at 10:15.
Send a message via AIM to Skyrider Send a message via MSN to Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to Skyrider
Tank Missile
Old 02-26-2014 , 21:29   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #17

A couple bugs to report.

- If you're in the middle of flying (pressing spacebar), and disable jet, the particle effect will not go away.

- If you equip the mantreads and rocket jump with jet enabled, you can fly around and do around 600 damage to enemy's by landing on their heads. There are probably other weapon exploits that should be addressed. I can't think of them all off the top of my head.

- If sm_cjet_fly_sound is set to "", the server will give a "could not precache sound" error, and crash. Setting it to "" should disable the precacheing, as I get an error in console everytime I try to use jet without the sound downloaded. If that can't be done, perhaps a sm_cjet_download_sound_enabled cvar could be made?

- The grammar on some of the messages are incorrect.

- It is impossible to fly straight up, since pressing the spacebar continually pushes you forward.

Suggestions for next version.

- A sound that plays when the jet has been refueled or when it has ran out of fuel. (Even though I'm not a fan of using the sounds at the moment, I may eventually use them.)

Now for the positives.

This plugin is really awesome and I love that you can choose the particles. The hud is also a great addition, since I can see when my fuel is about to run low. I also think it's quite interesting how a plugin can preache files all on its own. I haven't seen any other plugins do that.
rodrigo286
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2014 , 13:25   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #18

Thanks, Skyrider & Tank Missile.

I'll update the plugin.

Regards.

CZSBrasil TEAM
B_CANSIN
Old 02-27-2014 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #19

Should I delete delete my old plunigs ( https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=176920 and this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=207283 ) or keep them all with this one? I didn't tried but I just asking because that pyro one can explosin and burn people lol. But looks cool I am gona try it tommorow for now need sleep . I can't wait to try ^ ^ I hope it won't crash my server with my other plunigs.
Tank Missile
Old 02-27-2014 , 22:43   Re: [TF2] Crazy Jet
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo286 View Post
Thanks, Skyrider & Tank Missile.

I'll update the plugin.

Regards.
Thank you, glad to see it in progress. Today I discovered a couple more bugs. Well, more like minor anoyances.

- On my server, we have per map config files. On maps other than specified ones, crazy jet is disabled. If your hud is enabled on a map that allows jet, and the map switches to one that doesn't, there is no way to disable the hud, since the plugin is blocked. Perhaps you could make it so when crazy jet is disabled, hud is also disabled.

- The "jet is blocked on round end" message repeats itself twice. This could be just be a chat bug, as I've seen in chat before, but it seems to happen every round end. The message can also be a bit annoying when it pops up automatically. Perhaps you could make it so it only appears if your using jet on round end, or if you attempt to enable it on round end?

Now for more suggestions.

- The fuel timer counts from 0 to the specified amount, which is weird, since it would seem more logical to count down. Maybe make it so it counts down?

- Be able to set the location the hud will display on your screen, since some plugins have huds that will display in the same location you have it.

Can't wait for the next version.