Solved Cannot coerce functions to values

Post New Thread Reply   

SHiva
Old 02-20-2018 , 16:10   Cannot coerce functions to values
Reply With Quote #1

I got a problem with the compilation :

It's about this code :

Code:
typedef userMessage_BuildCallBack = function bool (int clientIndex, int argument, int drawCount, int drawDuration, char [] message, int length);
and

Code:
stock Handle:userMessage_MessageStructure_Add(  userMessages_MessageDisplayType:displayType,
                                                userMessage_BuildCallBack buildcallBack,
                                                int buildcallBackArgument,
                                                int repeatPeriod=0,
                                                int repeatCount=0,
                                                int minDisplayTime=0,
                                                int displayDelay=0,
                                                int flags=USER_MESSAGES_FLAG_NONE,
                                                int priority=50,
                                                int noRedisplayTime=0)
{

Handle message = CreateArray(1, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_COUNT);

SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_DisplayType,           displayType);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_Flags,                 flags);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_BuildCallBack,         buildcallBack); // <---------- This is line 84
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_BuildCallBackArgument, buildcallBackArgument);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_RepeatPeriod,          repeatPeriod);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_RepeatCount,           repeatCount);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_DisplayDuration,       minDisplayTime);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_DisplayDelay,          displayDelay);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_Priority,              priority);
    SetArrayCell(message, _:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_NoRedisplayTime,       noRedisplayTime);

PushArrayCell(g_hUserMessages_MessagesArray, message);

return message;
}
I know it's about the new syntax but don't know how to fix this. I am still learning about sourcepawn and I do not know how to use the function calls, someone to help me please ?

Last edited by SHiva; 02-21-2018 at 14:07.
_GamerX
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-20-2018 , 17:51   Re: Cannot coerce functions to values
Reply With Quote #2

PHP Code:
stock Handle userMessage_MessageStructure_Add(  userMessages_MessageDisplayType displayType,

userMessage_BuildCallBack buildcallBack,

int buildcallBackArgument,

int repeatPeriod=0,

int repeatCount=0,

int minDisplayTime=0,

int displayDelay=0,

int flags=USER_MESSAGES_FLAG_NONE,

int priority=50,

int noRedisplayTime=0)
{

Handle message CreateArray(1_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_COUNT);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_DisplayType,           displayType);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_Flags,                 flags);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_BuildCallBack,         buildcallBack);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_BuildCallBackArgumentbuildcallBackArgument);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_RepeatPeriod,          repeatPeriod);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_RepeatCount,           repeatCount);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_DisplayDuration,       minDisplayTime);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_DisplayDelay,          displayDelay);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_Priority,              priority);

SetArrayCell(message_:userMessage_MessageStructureElement_NoRedisplayTime,       noRedisplayTime);

PushArrayCell(g_hUserMessages_MessagesArraymessage);

return 
message;

Last edited by _GamerX; 02-20-2018 at 17:55.
Send a message via ICQ to _GamerX Send a message via Skype™ to _GamerX
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2018 , 21:28   Re: Cannot coerce functions to values
Reply With Quote #3

As the error states, you can't directly pass in a function to something that expects a non-function value anymore (any doesn't include functions). You're trying to pass in a callback into SetArrayCell.

Given your current code, the easiest workaround would be to wrap the entire buildcallBack argument as a private forward like so:

Code:
// userMessage_MessageStructure_Add
Handle callbackForward = CreateForward(ET_Single, Param_Cell, Param_Cell, Param_Cell, Param_Cell, Param_String, Param_cell);

AddToForward(callbackForward, buildcallBack);

// use Call_StartForward and make sure to clean it up when you're done
The other option is to use DataPacks instead, but you'd have to rewrite a lot more.
SHiva
Old 02-21-2018 , 06:36   Re: Cannot coerce functions to values
Reply With Quote #4

It seems hard to use for this plugin, I don't fully understand how forwards and native works.

it's not my plugin it's about. This is H3bus DM Plugin for CS:GO and i'm trying to update its syntax to be able to compile it with sourcemod 1.8. But there is so much module on this plugin that i don't know where to start using forwards for this case.

It does not matter, I will first try to understand before throwing myself in. By the way, Thank you for you help

Last edited by SHiva; 02-21-2018 at 07:01.
hmmmmm
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 02-21-2018 , 10:30   Re: Cannot coerce functions to values
Reply With Quote #5

Like nosoop mentioned, the other option is to use DataPacks which have a WriteFunction method for adding/removing function pointers.
SHiva
Old 02-21-2018 , 13:00   Re: Cannot coerce functions to values
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
Like nosoop mentioned, the other option is to use DataPacks which have a WriteFunction method for adding/removing function pointers.
Yeah, finally thank you, I managed to solve the problem with DataPacks. The problem was mostly to find all the functions that used message as an array with GetArrayCell and replace it with ReadPackCell.

Now i got an other problem but is no longer this case, thank you all for your help !