Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4

Post New Thread Reply   

tony311
Old 02-01-2010 , 23:42   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #491

For some reason, I can't get it working through chat at all. I downloaded the translation file from post 395, had a non-admin try it too, tried changing the triggers, and nothing. It works if I use the force command, but that's not really feasable.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2010 , 12:46   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #492

You must be doing something wrong. Read over the OP again.

Did you set an admin flag? That makes it admin only I believe if you did....
tony311
Old 02-02-2010 , 16:16   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #493

Nope, and I don't know of anything I did wrong. Other SM mods work fine, I'm running the latest version of SourceMod and MetaMod, I placed the smx in addons/sourcemod/plugins, and placed the text file in addons/sourcemod/translations (tried both the text file from the original post and the one from post 395). Restarted the server, made sure the admin command thing was set to "". The server spammed the RTD welcome message a couple of times, but none of the chat triggers worked, either for me or other players. Again, forcing a player to RTD works through the forcertd command.

BTW, I'm running all of this on a listen server, not a dedicated server. There are no errors in the console on game load, and the only errors on a map load are from other mods.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2010 , 17:36   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #494

Generally speaking you should always use dedicated servers. Most people dont use listen servers...

So, lets see, a listen server possibly reads your client as 0 maybe? The RTD plugin doesnt run on clients <= 0.

Past that, I dont know what to tell you. The plugin works so...the only option is that youre doing something wrong..

Last edited by retsam; 02-02-2010 at 17:38.
tony311
Old 02-02-2010 , 18:39   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #495

Yeah...I don't need to host a big server 24/7, I just bring it up when my friends and I want to play for a bit, but if it doesn't work on listen servers I guess there's not much I can do.
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-02-2010 , 19:07   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #496

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony311 View Post
Yeah...I don't need to host a big server 24/7, I just bring it up when my friends and I want to play for a bit, but if it doesn't work on listen servers I guess there's not much I can do.
If you're running as a listen server and not having a problem with others connecting and playing, then you could instead run as a dedicated server.

Check your tools tab in your steam client window, you most likely have the TF2 dedicated server sitting there not installed. Just right click, select install and go have a sandvich.

There are plenty of tutorials out there that can help you get it configured, but the best place for info would probably be www.srcds.com. Infact, here's a link on how to setup the server and play on the same machine: http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/9982.

Beyond that, Google/Bing are your friends.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2010 , 20:04   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #497

ditto... a dedicated server does not need to run 24/7... it is just a dedicated process... it only runs when u tell it to run... once you experience the performance and control afforded by a dedicated setup, you will wonder how you ever got along before.
Old 02-05-2010 , 09:46   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #498

I think I may have caused a bug (recently in the last release) where rolls would stick after spawn. (Invis, low grav, etc) It would happen when someone rolled as rounds were changing. Nobody else has noticed it, but I have. I just made a quick release to comment out the troubled code.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 02-05-2010 at 09:57.
Thalion
Old 02-06-2010 , 09:46   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #499

I sort of like this mod, but I don't like all these ridiculous rolls... Any way for me to make my own effects? Not visuals or anything, but if you roll a 1, you get whatever

Send a message via AIM to Thalion Send a message via MSN to Thalion Send a message via Yahoo to Thalion
jab2000
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-06-2010 , 21:50   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.3) NEW!
Reply With Quote #500

nice to see updates