Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player

Post New Thread Reply   

Halt
Old 08-22-2019 , 10:28   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #11

Perhaps you might want to consider adding point_camera to your FGD and try using that entity? If not, I would also consider the way you dispatch the prop you're using now.

Why do you edit your vector before teleporting it to its parent? Should that come after you teleport it & set its parent?
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-22-2019 , 10:39   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halt View Post
Why do you edit your vector before teleporting it to its parent? Should that come after you teleport it & set its parent?
So when he uses the thirdperson command the view is facing the right direction etc. There's a lot of questionable code especially running the thirdperson command on the client since the view distance is reliant on client convars. This issue he sees could just be an issue with his client's values on the cam distance for all we know.
Halt
Old 08-22-2019 , 11:32   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
So when he uses the thirdperson command the view is facing the right direction etc. There's a lot of questionable code especially running the thirdperson command on the client since the view distance is reliant on client convars. This issue he sees could just be an issue with his client's values on the cam distance for all we know.
If thats the case he definitely is better off using point_camera. You have complete control over the camera entity BUT it is left unaffected by any player camera values.
Virginia
Old 08-22-2019 , 12:05   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #14

I found out what is causing the problem. For CS:GO thirdperson camera it doesn't matter if prop has collision or not, if there is a prop - camera will stuck in it. I tried to disable collision for both player and prop with code above and compile my animset with $contents "notsolid" property. But it gave me no result. I found that there is a cam_collision convar, and for some reason my and one other player's convar was set to 0, while all other player's to 1 (default value). So the solution for me is to use ClientCommand(client, "cam_collision 0").
Halt
Old 08-22-2019 , 13:39   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
I found out what is causing the problem. For CS:GO thirdperson camera it doesn't matter if prop has collision or not, if there is a prop - camera will stuck in it. I tried to disable collision for both player and prop with code above and compile my animset with $contents "notsolid" property. But it gave me no result. I found that there is a cam_collision convar, and for some reason my and one other player's convar was set to 0, while all other player's to 1 (default value). So the solution for me is to use ClientCommand(client, "cam_collision 0").

Very nice, now I know in the future how to tackle this.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-22-2019 , 15:16   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #16

I just have a a nagging feeling that your solution isn't the right route. Sending client commands to do this is unpredictable.
I don't remember having an issue with thirdperson on my CustomPlayerSkins plugin:
https://github.com/MitchDizzle/Custo...s.sp#L183-L191
Ya marked this as resolved with a half-baked solution.
Halt
Old 08-23-2019 , 13:40   Re: [CS:GO] thirdperson camera bug when bonemerging prop_dynamic with player
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
I just have a a nagging feeling that your solution isn't the right route. Sending client commands to do this is unpredictable.
I don't remember having an issue with thirdperson on my CustomPlayerSkins plugin:
https://github.com/MitchDizzle/Custo...s.sp#L183-L191
Ya marked this as resolved with a half-baked solution.

I'll be waiting for this thread to get revived. "Half-baked solution" hahahaha.