Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Any] Veterans Only (v1.3, 2020-06-10)

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-22-2018 , 12:04   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
EDIT: So, it seems that it started to work, but it doesn't work correctly, people with public profile weren't abble to join (Some yes, some don't) and people with private plugin could join also (I tested it with private profile and i was abble to join normally).
For this, it may be related to the fix I made on the steamapi.darkserv.download endpoint, roughly 6 hours before you edited your post:

Have you verified that these players match your sm_veterans_mintotal / sm_veterans_mintotalminuslastweek settings?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
DarkSoroush
Old 08-09-2018 , 15:49   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #72

Hey guys,

First of all, I am terribly sorry for not being reachable in the last couple of years, honestly, I didn't expect anybody to use this plugin as I had some bad feedback from using it on my server at the time. Majority of my users wasn't "veteran" as per say. xD

I also need to personally apologize to "arne1288" as I just seen the email he had sent me like 7 months ago.

All that being said, this project is open source and both backend and the plugin is available here: https://github.com/falahati/veterans

I routinely monitor the GitHub issue page, if you couldn't contact me and needed a hand or direction, I will be happy to help. Don't judge the code tho, the propose of this project in the first place was to learn SourcePawn and therefore the source code is messy as hell.

I also had to delete the script from my website last year or so due to the cleanup process, I had at the time. Sorry about that and effect that it may have had on your servers.

Thanks
alphaearth
Old 11-01-2018 , 07:26   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #73

The plug-in is working incorrectly.
With the new panorama can be corrupted.
Old 11-01-2018 , 15:18   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaearth View Post
Please provide more information than just "it doesn't work", that description won't help anyone to reproduce and fix any errors at all.

Panorama is solely on the client side (on the player's machine), this plugin is working solely on the server side; as such, Panorama doesn't change a thing.

If you can prove otherwise, please provide much more detailed information on how to reproduce the errors you see, so we have an option to look at them, including what games, what you expect it to do, what you see it do, ... etc.

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 11-01-2018 at 15:19.
TheHap
Old 12-02-2018 , 05:12   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
this plugin not working.

whenn i active sm_veterans_kickfailure "1" it kick, I can not enter the game even though my profile is open.

when I close it, I can access the game even if my profile is closed.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-02-2018 , 12:30   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHap View Post
this plugin not working.
It is working just fine, according to the documentation of the plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHap View Post
whenn i active sm_veterans_kickfailure "1" it kick, I can not enter the game even though my profile is open.

when I close it, I can access the game even if my profile is closed.
Around the time of your writing in this thread, there was multiple queries for the profile: "| [L]aRoVV™".

Sun, 2 Dec 2018 01:51:29 +0100 (CET): Profile PRIVATE, Game details PRIVATE. Decision: PRIVATE
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 01:52:31 +0100 (CET): Profile PRIVATE, Game details PRIVATE. Decision: PRIVATE
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 01:59:26 +0100 (CET): Profile PRIVATE, Game details PRIVATE. Decision: PRIVATE
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:01:15 +0100 (CET): Profile PRIVATE, Game details PRIVATE. Decision: PRIVATE
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:03:39 +0100 (CET): Profile PUBLIC, Game details PRIVATE. Decision: PRIVATE
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:05:19 +0100 (CET): Profile PUBLIC, Game details SEMI-PRIVATE ("Keep total playtime private: YES"). Decision: total playtime=0, last 2 weeks=0.
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:08:07 +0100 (CET): Profile PUBLIC, Game details SEMI-PRIVATE. ("Keep total playtime private: YES"). Decision: total playtime=0, last 2 weeks=0.
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:08:49 +0100 (CET): Profile PUBLIC, Game details SEMI-PRIVATE. ("Keep total playtime private: YES"). Decision: total playtime=0, last 2 weeks=0.
Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:12:30 +0100 (CET): Profile PRIVATE, Game details PRIVATE. Decision: PRIVATE

Since Steam returns a playtime of 0, when you have "[x] Always keep my total playtime private even if users can see my game details.":

This literally means that you do not have enough game time, when this option is set, and you have configured your plugin to require a specific amount of minutes, - when "sm_veterans_mintotal" and/or "sm_veterans_mintotalminuslastweek" equals a number that isn't "0".

Your server's "sm_veterans_mintotal" requires a mimimum of 100 minutes (roughly 2 hours of game time), and since you had "[x] Always keep my total playtime private even if users can see my game details." enabled in your privacy settings, 0 minutes from Steam, which doesn't qualify for the minimum of 100 minutes.

At the time of writing this, the profile mentioned above is again at a 100% private state.

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 12-02-2018 at 12:30.
alphaearth
Old 12-03-2018 , 05:15   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #77

Adds the game hour information in the steam profile incorrectly to the veterans_cache.txt file in the addons / sourcemod / data folder.
In Web folders, WebCache incorrectly records game hour information.
How can I fix this error?

is this link still active?
sm_veterans_url "https://steamapi.darkserv.download/veterans/"

Last edited by alphaearth; 12-03-2018 at 05:35.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-03-2018 , 12:00   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Adds the game hour information in the steam profile incorrectly to the veterans_cache.txt file in the addons / sourcemod / data folder.
In Web folders, WebCache incorrectly records game hour information.
How can I fix this error?
People who wants to use their own "Web folders", are of course welcome to do so, but you should be aware that I have nothing to do with those "Web folders" you run yourself and therefore I won't be able to support them. As such, you are completely on your own if your route goes that way.

Quote:
is this link still active?
The mentioned link is still active, and will still be, and will be updated accordingly when and if something goes wrong (e.g. communication with Steam).

gulverene
Old 12-09-2018 , 14:59   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #79

The Now plugin workin?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-09-2018 , 15:24   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulverene View Post
The Now plugin workin?
If you read above, you will see the response. Not just once, but multiple times.

Just follow Post #54, and it will.